"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I know no one here will talk me out of this, but am I crazy for considering it....???

One night in WDW solo. Doing the TSL AP “post view” on 9/29. Will have to be up at around 5 am to check out of my resort and get to HS by 6:30. The 28th is a discounted party night, and due to my flight arrival time, I likely wouldn't make it to the party until nearly 7. Would just be looking to soak in the atmosphere and do all the things I can’t when my family is with me (we are all going 10/31). Probably just a Halloween tee, watch the parade and fireworks, maybe hit a few rides and grab some specialty treats. Still worth it??

My other options for the night are Disney Springs or chilling at the resort (HS and AK close at 8 and I won’t do EP on a weekend during F&W)....so a few hours at MK sounds better than either of those, but I hate that I’m “wasting” the 4-7 time.

Thoughts??

I would totally do this, but I'm kinda crazy, so take that for what it's worth. :rotfl:

The 7pm arrival at a party is fine with me usually because I don't line up for hard to see characters. Sure, it's a late night with a really early morning, but it's a super short trip so you'll have plenty of time to recover once you're home. I don't know that I would attempt this with kids in tow, but on my own? Most definitely. I think it would be an amazing and relaxing way to take in a MNSSHP. You know you're doing it with your family the next month anyway, so that makes it even a better opportunity to have a relaxed pace.

Not a chance I could be in a WDW resort for an entire evening and not start to lose my mind not being in a park. I say go for it!

I know my personality well enough... even if I did say to myself, “nah, I’ll save the money and just relax and rest up at the resort”.... I’d be sitting there that night around 8pm jumping out of my skin knowing MNSSHP is happening just a few short miles away. Even if I had decided in advance not to go, my tune would change day of. :rotfl:
This would be me exactly!!!!

Does anyone have any experience doing two parties in one trip? I'm doing my first ever WDW trip and I'm wondering what the value of doing the party twice would be.

Does anyone have any experience doing two parties in one trip? I'm doing my first ever WDW trip and I'm wondering what the value of doing the party twice would be.
This is totally a personal opinion but if this were my first trip to WDW I’m not sure I would do any party. You will already be seeing and experiencing so many new things that m not sure the cost to add the tickets would’ve worth it.

Are you only adults in your party or children too?

If you think meeting characters will me a big focus then possibly this would add to the party draw.

There is nothing wrong with adding the party but if you do I think 1 would be plenty.

I help many families plan and book WDW trips each year (not a TA, just something I enjoy doing) and normally I do not encourage first timers to book park hoppers or too many extras as everything will already be brand new and exciting!

If you are hoping to visit WDW again within a couple of years I might save a party for that time. If this is your 1 and only WDW trip that you’re aware of I might book 1 party but probably not 2.

Again, these are only my thoughts based on my experience and that of others I’ve helped.

It's pretty nice. You won't have to rush one night and try to get everything in.

This is especially nice if you want to meet characters, as their lines will be long.

It's also good if you want to dress up one night then go in regular clothes the next.

We’ve done 2 parties the last 3 times we’ve gone in October. I love that we don’t have to rush around trying to fit everything in! If there are several must do characters, you can spread them over 2 parties so you aren’t spending your whole night in line. We also like to dedicate 1 night to rides/characters and one to the shows. It’s virtually impossible to do it all in one night - or even 2! - but multiple parties makes your night so much more relaxing and enjoyable!

So....I can't believe we're a month out from the first HALLOWEEN PARTY on 8/17!! It seems like yesterday it was Feb/March when the possibility arose that there might even be a party on 8/17 (it was snowing outside when I first read the info). We're happy/ecstatic to be going, but I'm not gonna lie.....this definitely feels a bit EARLY to be only 1 month away from the first party.....we can't wait!!

So....I can't believe we're a month out from the first HALLOWEEN PARTY on 8/17!! It seems like yesterday it was Feb/March when the possibility arose that there might even be a party on 8/17 (it was snowing outside when I first read the info). We're happy/ecstatic to be going, but I'm not gonna lie.....this definitely feels a bit EARLY to be only 1 month away from the first party.....we can't wait!!

Seriously??? Mind blown.

Can't wait to get character info from first party!

Seriously??? Mind blown.

Can't wait to get character info from first party!

I think there is A LOT of info that the first party will be providing.......just seems like there are more "loose ends" that need tied up this year. I guess maybe most of that surrounds the dessert parties and the whole parade viewing issue.

I know no one here will talk me out of this, but am I crazy for considering it....???

One night in WDW solo. Doing the TSL AP “post view” on 9/29. Will have to be up at around 5 am to check out of my resort and get to HS by 6:30. The 28th is a discounted party night, and due to my flight arrival time, I likely wouldn't make it to the party until nearly 7. Would just be looking to soak in the atmosphere and do all the things I can’t when my family is with me (we are all going 10/31). Probably just a Halloween tee, watch the parade and fireworks, maybe hit a few rides and grab some specialty treats. Still worth it??

My other options for the night are Disney Springs or chilling at the resort (HS and AK close at 8 and I won’t do EP on a weekend during F&W)....so a few hours at MK sounds better than either of those, but I hate that I’m “wasting” the 4-7 time.

Thoughts??

2 years ago we had a family trip planned for Dec and MVMCP. I ended up down there for a few nights in Nov and on one of the party nights I went over in the late afternoon thinking I'd just do the park from 5-7 before it closed. Then, watching people enter I decided what the heck and went over to GS and bought a ticket. It was such a nice, relaxing party experience! Have I maximized the parties more? Sure. But the price wasn't going to break me, I enjoyed it a lot and I'd do it again. ::yes::

We are doing our first mnsshp in October. Instead of getting park tickets we chose to do two Halloween parties instead. Like others have said, I like that we will be able to take our time and split up the characters that have really long lines.

No personal experience as to how it will go, but this is also my plan this year. I have been to WDW a few times already though and also the timing for me had a lot to do with it. I have tickets for Halloween night which I am assuming will sell out and is going to be packed, so I wanted to not feel obligated to rush around and/or stand in long lines all night, which I thought would take away from my experience. I also have a CRT reservation at 4 and then the dessert party scheduled for Halloween, which I knew both of those things would take away my party time, but were items I really wanted to do. So to me it only made sense to add a second party. I'll use that first one to try to hit the characters I want and other special items so that I can take in the atmosphere a little more and 'hopefully' be a little more relaxed the second night.

Did you get it resolved?

I do not think I am going to make any FP's for our party day - as my last 2 days are AK & HS and I do not want to run the risk of losing FOP or SDD FP's. :crazy2:

Unfortunately, not resolved! Timing has been a bit difficult bc it’s a surprise trip for my daughter’s 5th bday. IT wait time has been anywhere from 40-60 mnts and she’s w/ me all day today until my Hubby gets home from work. I’ve told him I’m going to have to sneak away for a bit that way I have a good amount of time w/ IT.

Now THAT would be amazing!!!

I think I am the only one here saying don't do it! The whole 5am is a killer. There's no reason why you'd have to stay in your resort. I'd go shopping, resort hopping and dine somewhere really expensive. Watch the fireworks at a really cool location and hit Trader Sams for a night cap. I know my hubby and son would not be interested in any of this and DS could NOT go into Trader Sams later in the evening. Win, win!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, not resolved! Timing has been a bit difficult bc it’s a surprise trip for my daughter’s 5th bday. IT wait time has been anywhere from 40-60 mnts and she’s w/ me all day today until my Hubby gets home from work. I’ve told him I’m going to have to sneak away for a bit that way I have a good amount of time w/ IT.

Did you get an email from Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter