"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I know no one here will talk me out of this, but am I crazy for considering it....???

One night in WDW solo. Doing the TSL AP “post view” on 9/29. Will have to be up at around 5 am to check out of my resort and get to HS by 6:30. The 28th is a discounted party night, and due to my flight arrival time, I likely wouldn't make it to the party until nearly 7. Would just be looking to soak in the atmosphere and do all the things I can’t when my family is with me (we are all going 10/31). Probably just a Halloween tee, watch the parade and fireworks, maybe hit a few rides and grab some specialty treats. Still worth it??

My other options for the night are Disney Springs or chilling at the resort (HS and AK close at 8 and I won’t do EP on a weekend during F&W)....so a few hours at MK sounds better than either of those, but I hate that I’m “wasting” the 4-7 time.

Thoughts??

I'd chill somewhere else unless you're planning on picking up party merchandise, but if that's the only reason I would ask others for help. I'm sure there are many here that would.

I know no one here will talk me out of this, but am I crazy for considering it....???

One night in WDW solo. Doing the TSL AP “post view” on 9/29. Will have to be up at around 5 am to check out of my resort and get to HS by 6:30. The 28th is a discounted party night, and due to my flight arrival time, I likely wouldn't make it to the party until nearly 7. Would just be looking to soak in the atmosphere and do all the things I can’t when my family is with me (we are all going 10/31). Probably just a Halloween tee, watch the parade and fireworks, maybe hit a few rides and grab some specialty treats. Still worth it??

My other options for the night are Disney Springs or chilling at the resort (HS and AK close at 8 and I won’t do EP on a weekend during F&W)....so a few hours at MK sounds better than either of those, but I hate that I’m “wasting” the 4-7 time.

Thoughts??
I am going on my fifth solo vac and I have no regrets. To be able to have alone time (mommie time) to myself is better than a few hours alone at home by myself. You can do anything at anytime do go ahead and enjoy yourself!!!

If our 3rd FP is from 5:30-6p, is it a hard cut-off at 6p or is there the usual 15 minute window afterward?
Know we had FP for PoC one evening that was EHM starting at 9 p.m. Thought it was earlier... We tried to scan it and were rejected but CM overrode it (we were resort guest and eligible for EMH, but FP saved us time in line). Was confused until looked a time and it was 9:01 pm. So seems the system cuts off FP's at exactly the end time in those situations.

Ok so I’ve read about 50 pages over the weekend trying to catch up on things. We are attending the party on 10/4 though I have not purchased tix yet. No parks on 10/5 and DHS on 10/6. Headed home 10/7. A few questions.

With a resort reservation can I make my MNSSHP FPs at 60 days prior to check in or 60 days prior to party?

I have two resort reservations. One ends 10/3 and the other begins 10/3. I will most likely be canceling the first one so is the consensus that I should wait and book my party FPs after I cancel that reservation bc canceling can cause the system to kick out my last day of FPs? Which by the way, would be our DHS day and hopefully SDD.

I’m definitely planning to try to book 7DMT for our party FPs if possible. I was thinking Splash for our second bc we all like it and will ride it, but then I’m thinking BTMRR since it’s probably not open during the party. However my two boys won’t ride it (most likely) but the 4 adults want to so there would be no one to take the boys on something they would want to FP. So any consensus on Splash? Or maybe I should just book us all for BTMRR, try to get my boys on, and if not, the adult who stays behind can ride with two of the other adults using my boys’ bands. Ugh. Decisions...lol.

TIA

HELP.., I’am attending MNSSHP on 9/11. I added my fp’s and now it deleted all my fp’s on the last 2 days of our trip, ugh! We would not be entering park until after 4 for party. Any recommendations?

HELP.., I’am attending MNSSHP on 9/11. I added my fp’s and now it deleted all my fp’s on the last 2 days of our trip, ugh! We would not be entering park until after 4 for party. Any recommendations?

You need to call WDW IT directly - Internet Help Desk (407) 939-4357. Only they can restore your FP's.

Anyone who has made changes to their resort reservations, you need to keep this number handy and I recommend you write it down on any document you plan on taking with you because you are going to need it when you are at WDW.

Last edited:
With a resort reservation can I make my MNSSHP FPs at 60 days prior to check in or 60 days prior to party?

I have two resort reservations. One ends 10/3 and the other begins 10/3. I will most likely be canceling the first one so is the consensus that I should wait and book my party FPs after I cancel that reservation bc canceling can cause the system to kick out my last day of FPs? Which by the way, would be our DHS day and hopefully SDD.

I’m definitely planning to try to book 7DMT for our party FPs if possible. I was thinking Splash for our second bc we all like it and will ride it, but then I’m thinking BTMRR since it’s probably not open during the party. However my two boys won’t ride it (most likely) but the 4 adults want to so there would be no one to take the boys on something they would want to FP. So any consensus on Splash? Or maybe I should just book us all for BTMRR, try to get my boys on, and if not, the adult who stays behind can ride with two of the other adults using my boys’ bands. Ugh. Decisions...lol.

TIA

Staying at a Disney World Resort: 60 Days in Advance based on resort check-in day.
It won't matter when you cancel your resort reservation, once you do it your account will be flagged. If you don't need the reservation why hold onto it?
According to WDW, BTMRR is available on Oct 4th until 6pm for FP's.
Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/big-thunder-mountain-railroad/

Thoughts??

No debate in my mind. I'd absolutely do it!

Different deal, but for various reasons I did a Disney After Hours night solo a few weeks ago (the late hours just didn't make sense for the rest of the family, especially on arrival day). I personally feel a little weird being in the park solo, but if I'm honest... it was a lot of fun! No worrying about if DW or the kids are happy... could go as slow or as fast as I wanted... could stop and just enjoy the atmosphere of the park. It was nice and care free!

I didn't arrive until 10pm (the event was 10-1am) so didn't use the 7pm-10pm time for that event, but I still felt like I got more than my $'s worth.

Anyway - a bit apples to oranges... but same general concept.

Plus you need to do it for board research anyway. :-)

Thoughts??
For me it would be decided by if the things I’m going to do at the party are things I’ll do with my family or things that don’t interest them?

If they want to see the parade then it’s special to me to watch it first time together. If they have no interest in the parade then I’d want to go and enjoy it. I would consider all the things I’d hope to do 9/28 in that light and see what I would feel.

Personally I’m in the camp who would want to experience the party the first time of the year with my family so would choose to do something else that night. If it were the opposite and I could do the party with them first and then go on my own a second time I would choose that but unfortunately that’s not your question.

Thoughts??

Absolutely go!

I spend about half of our trip in the parks solo because DH doesn't get up until midday. I focus on the things I know he's not interested in, go at my own pace, etc.

It doesn't sound like you attending would have any impact on your time with your family.

Thoughts??

If money isn't an option I'd go. Sitting in the room??? I mean, I love Stacy and the never ending Mickey cartoons (potatoland!).

Or Disney springs? Bleh.

No debate in my mind. I'd absolutely do it!

Different deal, but for various reasons I did a Disney After Hours night solo a few weeks ago (the late hours just didn't make sense for the rest of the family, especially on arrival day). I personally feel a little weird being in the park solo, but if I'm honest... it was a lot of fun! No worrying about if DW or the kids are happy... could go as slow or as fast as I wanted... could stop and just enjoy the atmosphere of the park. It was nice and care free!

I didn't arrive until 10pm (the event was 10-1am) so didn't use the 7pm-10pm time for that event, but I still felt like I got more than my $'s worth.

Anyway - a bit apples to oranges... but same general concept.

Plus you need to do it for board research anyway. :-)
This is exactly what I’m thinking....thanks for sharing your personal experience!

Honestly, I’m more worried about the 5 am wake up the next day, which may cause me to leave the party earlier than I normally would. The late hours are better for touring than the early ones IMO!

Absolutely go!
It doesn't sound like you attending would have any impact on your time with your family.
Thank you!! I agree. The kids love to trick or treat and ride rides during the party...which is fine....but I’d rather sit back and soak up the ambiance. This would give me a chance to do that that I’ve never had! “Slow down” is not in my kids’ vocabulary! LOL

Did you get it resolved?

I do not think I am going to make any FP's for our party day - as my last 2 days are AK & HS and I do not want to run the risk of losing FOP or SDD FP's. :crazy2:

This is exactly what I’m thinking....thanks for sharing your personal experience!

Honestly, I’m more worried about the 5 am wake up the next day, which may cause me to leave the party earlier than I normally would. The late hours atre better for touring than the early ones IMO!

You’re in a though Disney spot! :-)

I had EMM the next morning, which was sort of nagging at me the whole time... but... I trucked on.

I know my personality well enough... even if I did say to myself, “nah, I’ll save the money and just relax and rest up at the resort”.... I’d be sitting there that night around 8pm jumping out of my skin knowing MNSSHP is happening just a few short miles away. Even if I had decided in advance not to go, my tune would change day of. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts