"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

My 60 day window for FP+ opened yesterday. I have 5 days worth of park tickets and 1 party day tickets. After reading everything about the FP+ problems for party tickets, I book my 5 days of FP+ first, to make sure I got everything I needed. I then went back and made 1 FP + for my party day in the 4pm to 6pm window to see what happened. The system accepted the FP+ and I left it alone. This morning I woke to an email saying that I had more FP+reservations than park tickets. I would either have to buy another's days worth of tickets or lose my last day of FP+ reservations. I deleted the FP+ for the party day. And check back with Disney to make sure that everything goes right.
Just wanted to share my experience with you guys and gals. Hope its helpful for everyone. Either way my family's super excited for the party and can't wait to get there.

Are you going to a park the day of the party?

We are not. Going to have a resort day. Staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Plan to swim, rent the small boats and relax a little bit.

Well this totally blows! Same mess as last year! I do know DISers called to get FP's reinstated, was assured by IT they shouldn't have any more issues however, some did report they lost a park day or had issues scanning their last day of FP's.

I heard back from Emily today, as I expected I would. It's fun to get calls from Disney! Anyway, essentially the same info as everyone else has reported, in fact after she spoke to me in her own words and I started to ask questions she said "I'll just read you the talking notes" and she did and they are exactly what others reported from Winston yesterday,so they were scripted. The only tidbit she added that I don't think I've seen reported yet is she said and then repeated it twice that they will be contacting everyone who has a reservation that was made before 6/18, not just those who wrote in. That may be a little good news for those who were thinking they needed to write to be part of this group. She said she, or perhaps somebody else because they may put a team together just for these communications will be in touch in "a week or two". At one point, I said to her that this solution sounds like a logistically nightmare and her response was "ya think?", so that was a good laugh.
More to come, this, if nothing else, is a very interesting look into how Disney deal with this type of problem. I've decided I'm going to the party regardless and will be happy if there is a decent parade solution, but I'm not going to stress about it if there isn't.

Thank you! Good idea about Moana - I'd kind of written it off, but maybe we'll just check her line before we leave at the end of the night. oh, and good to know about Enchanted Tales with Belle! Thanks :)

It doesn't sound like a must do for you, so it can't hurt to just check out her line from time to time throughout the night and maybe you'll luck out with a a shorter wait at the end of the night. That's basically the approach I take with popular characters. I personally would never wait an hour or two for any character, but I know people who would.

Is anyone out there going to the first party on Aug 17? I know it's crazy to go that early but we can't resist seeing Boo to You! We got our tickets when they went on sale but I'm hoping Disney doesn't cancel due to low attendance because I haven't heard of a lot of people going that night.

Last edited:
WARNING - First issue with FP's on party ticket has been reported!

Woof!
Well, this sucks. Some guests will receive an email, some won't and still will have their FP canceled while most won't even know that's an issue. Disney needs to sort this out ASAP.

Is anyone out there going to the first party, Aug 17? I know it's crazy to go that early but we can't resist seeing Boo to You! We got our tickets when they went on sale but I'm hoping Disney doesn't cancel due to low attendance because I haven't heard of a lot of people going that night.

I will be there. :wave2: I am expecting it to be busy with bloggers and reg crowds, possibly sold out. Hoping I am pleasantly surprised.
We planned this trip solely for MNSSHP because my older kids can't miss school and it finally worked out for us to go before school started.

Is anyone out there going to the first party on Aug 17? I know it's crazy to go that early but we can't resist seeing Boo to You! We got our tickets when they went on sale but I'm hoping Disney doesn't cancel due to low attendance because I haven't heard of a lot of people going that night.

We're going the first night because it's the only one that fits in our vacation dates. It will be filled with all the bloggers getting the party info out for those going to later parties. I'm sure that it won't be canceled because of attendance.

I will be there. :wave2: I am expecting it to be busy with bloggers and reg crowds, possibly sold out. Hoping I am pleasantly surprised.
We planned this trip solely for MNSSHP because my older kids can't miss school and it finally worked out for us to go before school started.
That is exactly why we are going as well - due to the school schedule!

We are going. I had already planned a solo trip with my 2 year old because our APs expire on the 25th and my husband will be out of town for 2 weeks. We get there on the 17th and we NEVER do a park on arrival day, but couldn't resist going to a party, especially since this will be the last time my son is free. Just hope we don't bake in our costumes.

From what I've read, the first party is filled with bloggers, vloggers etc. I may fan girl if I see the DisUnplugged crew. LOL

We’ll be there! Haven’t purchased our party tickets yet, but I will soon.

Thank you to everyone who replied, I appreciate it so much!

Also, for the makeup recommendations because I had been wondering if the face paint would even work or just melt off. Everyone on these threads rocks, I appreciate y'all!

The makeup it self will come off, you have to use a setting spray to keep it on. I use Graftobian Setting Spray, but then you need to use something like mac cleanse off to get the makeup off.

I really want to meet Sally (have met Jack) but a must do is Moana, assuming she's there this year. What would be the best strategy? Get in line early for Moana or go for Jack and Sally first?

We’ll be there! Like others, we have to get our trip in before school starts, so it’s the only date that fits our vacation dates. Sooooooo excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter