"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I don’t think that’s been confirmed yet...while it’s not in the list of open attractions, folks have been able to get FPs for it during party season in daytime hours, so it’s not being refurbished. Not sure why it would only be closed during party hours unless they are doing something else with that area?

I didn't get this. Currently DISers have reported they were able to secure evening FP's up to 5:30-6pm as with any other ride for BTMRR. There has been no mention by WDW this ride will be closed during party hours nor does it appear on any site it is being refurbished.

What has happened in the past when a ride is put on the refurbishment list and after guests made FP's for it, Disney sends out notices via email. The only rides I know of that have closed down during party hours include: Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise, and Tom Sawyer Island and WDW has been consistent with those.

I'll admit I'm behind on this thread and I've just sort of jumped around getting caught up, so this may already have been discussed BUT...

I was able to BOOK FAST PASSES on my party tickets for the times between 4 and 6pm. Meaning the system let me book 5 other park days worth of FPs AND the party when I only have a 5-Day ticket.

So let me get this straight, you booked 5 days of FP's on your park tickets AND 3 additional FP's on your party ticket, so 6x3 =18 FP's are sitting in your MDE account? You know WDW has a 3 Fastpass limit per day correct?

Hi guys! Our party day is a Tuesday in October and I'm just wondering about ride wait times so that I can plan our FPs for our other MK day. Do you think we can get onto Peter Pan, Buzz, Enchanted Tales w/Belle, Winnie the Pooh without crazy wait times during the party? What about the carousel & tea cups? I'm thinking of using FP for SDMT, BTMR, and maybe Splash on our MK day. My kids would love to meet Moana, but I don't think we'll be waiting in her huge line. I think if we see short character lines, then we'll go for it, but otherwise we'll be mostly ride-focused. Thanks so much!

My understanding is they added that hour (6-7) last year during MVMCP to help clear the park of day guests. And it worked, so now it’s the “new normal” on party nights. I wouldn’t think that leads to any assumptions about parade times, as the Christmas party parade times didn’t change last year with the earlier park close.

If they know it works and I believe it does, they could still change the parade times but I know it's wishful thinking.

Unless my memory is messed up or I'm mixing up events, Goofy meets around the Barnstormer. Seven Dwarfs meet up in that tent to the right of the entrance to Pete's Silly Side Show (which is the building where Daisy/Minnie and Donald/Goofy meet during regular park hours).
You are correct. Pete's Silly Side Show has been a double trick-or-treat spot during the party.

I didn't get this. Currently DISers have reported they were able to secure evening FP's up to 5:30-6pm as with any other ride for BTMRR. There has been no mention by WDW this ride will be closed during party hours nor does it appear on any site it is being refurbished.

What has happened in the past when a ride is put on the refurbishment list and after guests made FP's for it, Disney sends out notices via email. The only rides I know of that have closed down during party hours include: Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise, and Tom Sawyer Island and WDW has been consistent with those.
Right...that’s the issue/question. No mention of refurb, FPs available during the day, yet it’s not on the list of open attractions during the party.
77DD453E-AC78-42EB-A19F-5D60900538F9.png

isn't Storybook circus where they have character meets?

You're back!!! How was your surgery?

Woof! You brought up an excellent point about the new dance party. Looking at Storybook, where exactly is this going to take place?

upload_2018-6-23_13-44-3.png

A closer look. Blue Star - Dwarfs, Purple - Cruella, Yellow - Minnie, Donald & Daisy and Goofy is further down. Maybe the dance party is in the red circle?

upload_2018-6-23_13-46-34.png

Or here? Which would make more sense.
upload_2018-6-23_13-48-24.png

Unless my memory is messed up or I'm mixing up events, Goofy meets around the Barnstormer. Seven Dwarfs meet up in that tent to the right of the entrance to Pete's Silly Side Show (which is the building where Daisy/Minnie and Donald/Goofy meet during regular park hours).
All correct. Also, the Ducks and Minnie meet in the Casey’s splash pad area.

My 60 day window for FP+ opened yesterday. I have 5 days worth of park tickets and 1 party day tickets. After reading everything about the FP+ problems for party tickets, I book my 5 days of FP+ first, to make sure I got everything I needed. I then went back and made 1 FP + for my party day in the 4pm to 6pm window to see what happened. The system accepted the FP+ and I left it alone. This morning I woke to an email saying that I had more FP+reservations than park tickets. I would either have to buy another's days worth of tickets or lose my last day of FP+ reservations. I deleted the FP+ for the party day. And check back with Disney to make sure that everything goes right.
Just wanted to share my experience with you guys and gals. Hope its helpful for everyone. Either way my family's super excited for the party and can't wait to get there.

None of those bullets seem uncooperative or rude to me. The first two are facts, and the third is a brilliant idea. And wouldn't it be straightforward to implement with party ticket number being a personalized code in the shop parks app?

Thank you. The fastpass issue last year was the worst! I wasn't rude just persistent to no avail. @hiroMYhero pointed out just because you receive an email from Disney does not make it "Official" and I trust her judgement.

I don't understand why they cannot or have not implemented an Exclusive MNSSHP link for those with party tickets. I received a generated response from them and that's all.

Are there any characters that meet during the party in the tent that Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy meet in during normal park hours?

If not, can They turn that into the dance party area? How ‘permanent’ are the queue areas? Can they be easily removed to open this up into a large dance party area inside the tent?

My 60 day window for FP+ opened yesterday. I have 5 days worth of park tickets and 1 party day tickets. After reading everything about the FP+ problems for party tickets, I book my 5 days of FP+ first, to make sure I got everything I needed. I then went back and made 1 FP + for my party day in the 4pm to 6pm window to see what happened. The system accepted the FP+ and I left it alone. This morning I woke to an email saying that I had more FP+reservations than park tickets. I would either have to buy another's days worth of tickets or lose my last day of FP+ reservations. I deleted the FP+ for the party day. And check back with Disney to make sure that everything goes right.
Just wanted to share my experience with you guys and gals. Hope its helpful for everyone. Either way my family's super excited for the party and can't wait to get there.

And here we go. Thank you so much for confirming! Disney's rule of 3 FP's per day on park tickets is in full gear. You cannot have 6 FP's scheduled for the same day.

Has there ever been a party when both BTMRR and Splash were open at the same time?

At the start of the party yes, like a few days into it but later one of these rides were put into refurbishment.

EDIT: I believe in 2016 was the start of the one of these rides being put on the list. Prior to that Splash was on the list in January and BTHRR's had a sporadic schedule.

Splash: https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/splash-mountain/refurbishments.htm

BTMRR: https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/big-thunder-mountain-railroad/closures

Last edited:
Hi guys! Our party day is a Tuesday in October and I'm just wondering about ride wait times so that I can plan our FPs for our other MK day. Do you think we can get onto Peter Pan, Buzz, Enchanted Tales w/Belle, Winnie the Pooh without crazy wait times during the party? What about the carousel & tea cups? I'm thinking of using FP for SDMT, BTMR, and maybe Splash on our MK day. My kids would love to meet Moana, but I don't think we'll be waiting in her huge line. I think if we see short character lines, then we'll go for it, but otherwise we'll be mostly ride-focused. Thanks so much!

I think this is solid plan for your fastpasses on your non party day. You will be able to cover the rest of those rides on your party night pretty easily with the exception of Enchanted Tales w/Belle, it's not open during the party, but if you plan to enter at 4pm wit your party ticket, you would be able to cover it before the normal park closing at 6pm.

As for Moana, the lines last year were very long. I would suggest seeing her at the end of the party and not the start. I did that for the 7 dwarfs and only waited 30 minutes. I got in line at about 11:30pm.

Out of curiosity, were your FPs booked over 6 calendar days if 5?

At the start of the party yes, like a few days into it but later one of these rides were put into refurbishment.
No, that’s not what I’m asking.

What I am asking has there ever been a year when both BTMRR and Splash were open during the day and then both of them remained open during the party too? My question has nothing at all to do about refurbishments because a refurbishment means a ride is closed during the day and during party hours.

My question is, has there ever been a year of MNSSHP or MVMCP where both BTMRR and Splash were open during the day AND open during party hours for the entire run of the parties? (Eg all of Sep/Oct for mnsshp if all of Nov/Dec for MVMCP)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter