"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

WDW virgin here... what is the bypass?

Horrifically bad map here (hope Robo isn’t looking), but see below. It’s the pink line - technically a backstage area that has some light theming and used occasionally at high crowd times. It can be easy to miss if it’s open when you walk into the Town Square area. It’s worth taking a peek over that way to see if it’s open or closed, if you’re thinking you’d like to skip Main Street.

It is normally only open after fireworks. They also use it on MNSSHP and MVMCP events to help with the inflow of people.

Plaza East and West Garden Labeled Aerial.jpg

Is this an outside entrance...you don't have to go in anywhere? I've never seen this before so thanks for the info.
So once you go past the lockers do you go toward the right?

Is this an outside entrance...you don't have to go in anywhere? I've never seen this before so thanks for the info.
So once you go past the lockers do you go toward the right?

No, it’s not ‘outside.” You still enter the normal way under the Train Station. Once in Town Square, it’s to the right in between Tony’s and the Confectionary.

A friend and I are doing a quick trip to the parks this weekend, and we've got our tickets for DAH this Friday! We're also planning to hit Trader Sam's prior to 7 PM; does anyone know if you can have your souvenir glass sent to your hotel room?

I've seen the list of attractions that will be open during the event, but has anyone put together a list of rides that won't be? I saw CoP is not on the open list (not entirely a surprise) and that's a must-ride for me, so once we get our lanyards and in through the gate I'll be making a bee-line for that. I'm wondering what else we should squeeze in prior to the 8 PM start.

I guess we will see you at Trader Sam's. We are planning on being there before DAH as well.

Horrifically bad map here (hope Robo isn’t looking), but see below. It’s the pink line - technically a backstage area that has some light theming and used occasionally at high crowd times. It can be easy to miss if it’s open when you walk into the Town Square area. It’s worth taking a peek over that way to see if it’s open or closed, if you’re thinking you’d like to skip Main Street.

It is normally only open after fireworks. They also use it on MNSSHP and MVMCP events to help with the inflow of people.

View attachment 297711

They had another "secret passage" open that we used and I have never used before. You enter backstage near First Aid and exit onto Main Street where the vehicles come out (between the emporium and town hall). Maybe I just have never noticed it before? But we took that passage to get back to the gate and it was empty. And very cool to see where they store the vehicles. I know backstage pics are frowned upon, but I really should have taken some pictures because I cannot recall ever seeing that open. =)

I want to take the bypass because I've never seen it before but this is the new hubby's very first time at MK and he just has to take in main street and that first view of the castle! I'm sure I'll cry in excitement for him! lol

I'll be the one in the MM bat ears hat or VERY sparkly wedding ears. Hope to see someone there!

Oh! I almost forgot, is there any special DAH merchandise? Like a pin or something with the logo on it? I don't know if there's been any in the past, but I'm curious.

I guess we will see you at Trader Sam's. We are planning on being there before DAH as well.

So will we! See y'all there - so, not sure if anyone answered about the glasses, @ytsemaddy, but when I was there last April you couldn't send your glass back to the hotel - you had to carry it! So, we'll have to choose carefully!

I want to take the bypass because I've never seen it before but this is the new hubby's very first time at MK and he just has to take in main street and that first view of the castle! I'm sure I'll cry in excitement for him! lol

I'll be the one in the MM bat ears hat or VERY sparkly wedding ears. Hope to see someone there!

You're going tomorrow night, yes? I will look for you and your sparkly ears! - I'll be with my daughter - my friend made me a birthday shirt, I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. Perhaps I will have on birthday ears as well, lol!

I will be using an ECV during my trip. I am not looking forward to having to exit/re-enter the park to get a lanyard and then have to "drive" through the fireworks crowds. Hopefully they figure things out a little better by the 30th.

I can’t imagine what a pain that could be for you! I would consider addressing this early in the evening- maybe go up to the front of the park Guest Services around 5:00 or so.

I have an ADR for 4:55 at Skipper Canteen. I'll be stopping by Guest Relations on my way into the park to see if I can get my lanyard. I saw the pictures from Josh's review. There is no way I could get through that crowd and not be super stressed the entire time. I'm traveling alone so I won't have the benefit of a "trailblazer" to follow behind.

I leave on Saturday for WDW, so I'll be really curious to see on the DAH is handled on Friday night.

You're going tomorrow night, yes? I will look for you and your sparkly ears! - I'll be with my daughter - my friend made me a birthday shirt, I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. Perhaps I will have on birthday ears as well, lol!

Yes! Friday the 26th. I'm glad it hasn't sold out yet. I hope it doesn't

Have an awesome time 26th-ers! I'll report back on my experience as a couple.

So you got in early using the plastic ticket? Interesting. Anyone else try this? Any reason they would turn down MBs but not physical tickets?

Not that you have time to answer, you're at MK! :)
I know this is late, but are the plastic tickets mailed to you only if you don't have Magicbands? All I have is the ticket showing on MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!