"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would totally get an AP if we didn't live in Iowa. It's just hard to go more than once a year.

We live in Oregon and have AP’s. We went in January 2017 and will make a second trip one week before our passes expire in January 2018. Both trips are well planned out. There’s no way we could squeeze in any impromptu trips.

I would totally get an AP if we didn't live in Iowa. It's just hard to go more than once a year.

With the free memory maker, DAH discount, and the restaurant and merchandise discounts, it would be worth it even if we don’t make it back within the year.

With the free memory maker, DAH discount, and the restaurant and merchandise discounts, it would be worth it even if we don’t make it back within the year.
Really? I might need to look into it then. I'm just not sure if I would be able to get refunds back. I didn't know the MM was free with an AP.

Can an AP still make FP 60 days out?

Really? I might need to look into it then. I'm just not sure if I would be able to get refunds back. I didn't know the MM was free with an AP.

Can an AP still make FP 60 days out?

The AP alone doesn’t get you 60 day FP access, you still need a resort reservation for that. Otherwise it’s 30 days out.

And yes, the MM part of it is huge for us - definitely enjoy that perk.

The AP alone doesn’t get you 60 day FP access, you still need a resort reservation for that. Otherwise it’s 30 days out.

And yes, the MM part of it is huge for us - definitely enjoy that perk.
We are staying at POP so we will still get the 60 days out for FP. I'm just not sure if it will be saving us money. We are only doing a 2-day park ticket with DAH. It says for the 4 of us that it will cost $3,318 and that's more than I'm paying for our hotel, tickets, and dining plan.

We live in Oregon as well. Since becoming Passholders in March we have taken a 10 day trip in March, and a "quick" (from the West Coast!) five days in June to see Pandora. We have a 13 day trip this Thanksgiving and I am currently planning a week in January for DAH, and 10 days in March for another DAH and Flower and Garden. This does NOT include our 10 day trip last November, when we caught the Disney Disease. I will trade you flight times!

Warning: Being a Passholder is VERY addicting. :earboy2:

We are staying at POP so we will still get the 60 days out for FP. I'm just not sure if it will be saving us money. We are only doing a 2-day park ticket with DAH. It says for the 4 of us that it will cost $3,318 and that's more than I'm paying for our hotel, tickets, and dining plan.
If you’re only doing a 2-day ticket, then AP may not be the way to go! I think it’s more in the 4-days and more that it becomes more cost effective.

But I totally agree with the slippery slope of an AP! I already had one for Disneyland (I live in LA) and when I did the math it made more sense to upgrade to Premier for both Florida and CA! Totally saved money on my September trip (first time to WDW). But I underestimated how much I would love WDW and now have planned a Feb/March trip to do DAH and Flower and Garden! Then...I decided I really wanted to see all the Christmas decorations and Toy story Land before Star Wars land causes insane crowds...so now I’m renewing my Premier AP for next year and doing an awesome December trip! AND THEN...I want to see Festival of the Arts, so now I’m considering a Land & Sea trip in Feb 2019!

So much for my visit every 5-years, which I said as we were riding on the Tragical Express!

I have 8 day park tickets and was planning to upgrade just my ticket, not my kids.

If we were seriously looking at returning several times, I would consider upgrading them as well, but for now it wouldn’t be worth it (most of the benefits I am looking at would be the same with one pass or several).

We live in Oregon as well. Since becoming Passholders in March we have taken a 10 day trip in March, and a "quick" (from the West Coast!) five days in June to see Pandora. We have a 13 day trip this Thanksgiving and I am currently planning a week in January for DAH, and 10 days in March for another DAH and Flower and Garden. This does NOT include our 10 day trip last November, when we caught the Disney Disease. I will trade you flight times!

Warning: Being a Passholder is VERY addicting. :earboy2:
There is no way I could possibly afford/have the time to go to Disney as much as you! I'm a teacher so I really can't take a lot of time off during the school year. My husband has a decent job, but he wouldn't have near enough vacation days to go that often, either. We like to go other places during the year because we are trying to see all of the states and then go out of the country. We are still pretty young so it's a little difficult right now for us to afford long Disney trips.

I have 8 day park tickets and was planning to upgrade just my ticket, not my kids.

If we were seriously looking at returning several times, I would consider upgrading them as well, but for now it wouldn’t be worth it (most of the benefits I am looking at would be the same with one pass or several).
I don't think I will be getting an AP at this time, but maybe in the future when DH and I are older and have more time/money lol (I just turned 24 on Wednesday and DH is also 24)

I don't think I will be getting an AP at this time, but maybe in the future when DH and I are older and have more time/money lol (I just turned 24 on Wednesday and DH is also 24)
Yeah, I totally understand . You are the same age as my dd!

My husband has 4 weeks vacation a year and I have a very flexible job. At 24 there is so much of the world to see, don't waste it in a theme park. When you are old like me there will be more time for that! ::yes::

Just bought my ticket for January 26th!

As far as frozen treats, does anyone know if there were fruit bars or frozen bananas last year? Mickey bars are just far far too much dairy for my tummy :oops:

Last edited:
Yeah, I totally understand . You are the same age as my dd!

My husband has 4 weeks vacation a year and I have a very flexible job. At 24 there is so much of the world to see, don't waste it in a theme park. When you are old like me there will be more time for that! ::yes::
Haha yeah I think we’ll wait on it. We’ve also talked about doing dvc but we’re gonna wait a while for that too. I want to go to Disneyland first

Just bought my ticket for January 26th!

As far as frozen treats, does anyone know if there were fruit bars or frozen bananas last year? Mickey bars are just far far too much dairy for my tummy :oops:

There were also frozen bananas last year as well. Plus the addition of the popcorn for a non ice cream option.

I absolutely agree on the addicting nature of AP's. When you figure basically two trips in a year period pays for it and you get parking and the memory maker it is hard to say no. And then you have events like this with DAH. I wasn't going to renew our AP's and just maybe upgrade to AP's when we went again in May/June but then DAH was announced. So yes now all 5 of us have renewed passes. Christmas present right?

.... I'm wondering just how much we can actually do in 3 hours?? Do you make a plan? or just go with the flow? Probably won't have much time for food, but I hope to be able to walk on Haunted Mansion/Pirates a couple of times each with little to no wait - as well as Splash Mountain and the Mine Train....
When I went last March.... I had a very flexible "plan". I just made a list of the rides I never get to ride due to long lines and not worthy of FP+, such as Peter Pan. Then list the rides I want to do multiple times... BTMRR is a must for me to do like 4 times! and BTMRR doesn't eat as much time as say Splash! Then list the "fillers" that are fast on-fast off, like Tea Cups. I also try to decide where I want to end the night.... like Liberty Square or Tomorrowland?? Or what attraction I want to do last? When I got there I made note of where the food carts were so I could snack while walking or waiting.... Didn't want to grab a Mickey Ice Cream and then have to eat it in one bite to hurry and get on a ride! It was really fun to try and come up with a strategy to do everything. However, I do think it's pricey!!! I am not sure I would purchase a ticket without my AP discount, or if I had a large family/group. But it was a great time!!

When I went last March.... I had a very flexible "plan". I just made a list of the rides I never get to ride due to long lines and not worthy of FP+, such as Peter Pan. Then list the rides I want to do multiple times... BTMRR is a must for me to do like 4 times! and BTMRR doesn't eat as much time as say Splash! Then list the "fillers" that are fast on-fast off, like Tea Cups. I also try to decide where I want to end the night.... like Liberty Square or Tomorrowland?? Or what attraction I want to do last? When I got there I made note of where the food carts were so I could snack while walking or waiting.... Didn't want to grab a Mickey Ice Cream and then have to eat it in one bite to hurry and get on a ride! It was really fun to try and come up with a strategy to do everything. However, I do think it's pricey!!! I am not sure I would purchase a ticket without my AP discount, or if I had a large family/group. But it was a great time!!
We didnt get the AP discount and there are 4 of us but I still think it’ll be worth it. I can’t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter