"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Pete's Silly Circus Tent character meet & greet open during Disney After hours ?

Off topic, but I wish they would add Anna & Elsa to the Frozen Desert Party in EPCOT.

No the Circus Tent meet was not open. In fact, when we did DAH last February it closed an hour earlier than the rest of the park. We did the tent characters right before it closed up, then Dumbo, Barnstormer, Ariel, and Little Mermaid ride, then watched Wishes from BOG bridge. Once park closed and we started DAH.

Princess Fairytale Hall was open. My D6 loves Rapunzel. We walked into there and saw her and Tiana with no wait and an extended interaction with both. Even for three little girls spoiled with multiple trips and AP's it was a memorable and awesome experience. Best Rapunzel meeting D6 has ever had hands down.

Hello. I've enjoyed lurking on the forums for years, but haven't done much posting. I'm excited to find this thread. We just bought tickets to the Feb 8th DAH event after reading about it on this forum. The touring plan suggestions people have posted are really helping me plan our night. Does anyone know where to find the length of ride times for some of the rides that will be open?

Hello. I've enjoyed lurking on the forums for years, but haven't done much posting. I'm excited to find this thread. We just bought tickets to the Feb 8th DAH event after reading about it on this forum. The touring plan suggestions people have posted are really helping me plan our night. Does anyone know where to find the length of ride times for some of the rides that will be open?

Can’t help you with ride times (although I’m sure there are countless YouTube ride videos you could use to get a rough idea) but I’ll get you added to the guest list!

Have fun!

Ride durations can be found on touring plans. That said, I would highly suggest not planning to this granularity, or else you might wind up disappointed.

MK ride durations: https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/duration

For anyone who might be interested as above in trying to plan their night, the first part of this trip report (that I did last year for other forum) addresses what we did on DAH last February. https://www.easywdw.com/forums/show...ours-and-Star-Wars-Our-Bonus-trip-with-Extras!

As I say in the report and has been stated by those that have done it the time goes super fast. Even without waiting in lines you still have to walk from place to place and through the ride lines. Just something to keep in mind. I don't think it was the February trip but when I did it in May 2015 we waited a bit for a boat to partially fill up on the Jungle Cruise.

I am still anxiously watching airfare. Fingers crossed I can swing us going again in 2018!

I see that AP holders can buy tickets for family & friends, but to get the discount for those folks, does the AP hold need to be attending the event too?

Thanks for the trip report! We'll be five adults going, but for one it will be her first time ever at WDW and in the Magic Kingdom. I'm going to feel guilty putting the damper on the Magic of that first visit by hustling her from ride to ride that night! I hope she'll appreciate it later though - we are going to go back to MK a day later and then we'll let her take it all in at her own pace : )

Husband and I just picked up our DAH tickets for the 30th. Can you add us to list as well? Thanks so excited

We have a BOG dinner at 545 the night of DAH, where do we get our landyards? Do we have to wait till 7 and go back to the front of the park and get them?

Does anyone know if I upgrade to an AP before the party if they will refund me the difference in the price I paid for admission?

I’m trying to figure out if the AP would be worth it, and that $90 would probably tip me over into getting the AP.

Does anyone know if I upgrade to an AP before the party if they will refund me the difference in the price I paid for admission?

I’m trying to figure out if the AP would be worth it, and that $90 would probably tip me over into getting the AP.
I’ve seen on here that you can buy it at the discounted price and then just show your AP at the gate, but I honestly don’t know.

I’ve seen on here that you can buy it at the discounted price and then just show your AP at the gate, but I honestly don’t know.

I already purchased them at the regular price.

I’ve seen where they will refund the price of the Memory Maker after someone upgrades and was hoping they would do the same with the DAH price difference.

I already purchased them at the regular price.

I’ve seen where they will refund the price of the Memory Maker after someone upgrades and was hoping they would do the same with the DAH price difference.

I “think” you can go to guest services, explain the situation, and they will refund you the discount amount. I’m not totally sure about that, although I seem to recall it being mentioned on here before.

Good luck!

BTW, I have found APs very addicting. Any money I ‘thought’ I was saving was quickly blown by going way more often than I did pre-AP! :-)

We have a BOG dinner at 545 the night of DAH, where do we get our landyards? Do we have to wait till 7 and go back to the front of the park and get them?

Are you going to the park for BOG or will you already be there? In 2017, you could get your lanyard at the front gate and enter the park with a DAH ticket starting at 4PM. Presumably they will follow the same pattern this year, although Disney’s official info says check-in starts at 7PM (which it also said last year), so I like to caution we need to see how this will work in real life in 2018 just in case Disney changes things up.

Does that help answer your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter