"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what time of night?
That was around 1030 or 1040. First time we went through we got to the merge point right when the last late night stand by people were passing. Rode again immediately after and the cast member controlling the ride pointed it out. “Four people on a train. This is going to be a fun night. No one yelling at me!”

Last edited:
I am super excited! Now I need to get with DD to make a plan. Sounds like doing everything in one section and then moving on? We have APs and will start the day in Epcot, nap and head over!! Can't wait!! Thank you for the posts/pictures!!
We started in Adventureland, moved to Frontierland, then liberty square, over to Main Street, Tomorrowland, and finished in fantasyland.

Anyone who go last night happen to notice of the Carousel was running? I noticed it's not on the attraction list. Thanks!

Dd and I just sat down and worked out our game plan for the 21st of next month.

We arrive at MK at 2pm and will do all of Tomorrowland (already have FPs for SM, Buzz, and the Speedway) before our 5:30 BOG ADR. Afterwards we'll catch Mickey's Philharmagic and then head over to Liberty Square for HM...I'm wondering if there will be any DAH Check-in options in Liberty Square or Fantasyland?

After HM, we will head back to Splash & BTMRR and then do as much as we can in Adventureland before 10pm. Our focus for DAH is Fantasyland. After that we can then go back and redo some of the things we rode earlier in the day as we have time.

We went last night and it was great!!! We were able to get the discounted AP rate but agree we would be willing to pay full price in the future.

It was wonderful walking around without the crowds and we rode everything we wanted. My son was delighted to ride Space Mountain 6 Times at the end of the night. They had it set up so that you didn’t have to redo the entire que. wonderful experience as we would definitely do it on a future trip if offered.

Can anyone confirm if the Minute Maid frozen lemonade cups sold at the ice cream carts are available during DAH?

I can't confirm the brand, but there were frozen lemonade cups available. They did run out at some places, though.

I just got the dreaded FP cancelation warning email. Was anyone successful in calling and keeping their DAH ticket FP without having another park day’s FP canceled?

Oh no! What day are you going to DAH?
Our DAH is on July 7 and 9 -- so next week. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to send me the email...

Just called Disney and was told I was able to book FP on the DAH days because the system does see them as a ticket with an "entitlement" to book FP. But technically, since DAH is 10pm-1am (even though they let you in by 7pm) that we are not allowed to have FP on those tickets, and that's why I received the email. It was a no-go with her. Might try calling again to talk to someone else later. Otherwise will just have to cancel the FP for my DAH days because I don't want to lose my AK/HS park FP.

Last edited:
Ugh, they really need to resolve the FP situation - it's putting a damper on looking forward to this event. Interested in seeing how it goes tonight! Wondering if a Sat will be more crowded than Thursday and what that will feel like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter