OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

I can't say for certain that it never varies, but on both Saturday and Sunday the first parade went from IaSW to MS. I think that's the normal way things go, but it might get messed up if there are days when the parade only runs an odd number of times.

I recall seeing Photopass out by the Christmas Tree pretty close to the start of the parade (I'd guess closer to 5 minutes or about when all of the parade carts start to come by). My guess is it depends on the day and how long the line is, so I would show up about 20 minutes before hand and then just hang around until they leave.

let me know if anyone tries the cookie shots! Someone else reviewed and said it wasn’t very good but I would like to hear more opinions if people here do try it!

I did read that the cookies were too hard from being refrigerated so they could hold the liquid without just disintegrating. I may try to make my own over Christmas!

I did read that the cookies were too hard from being refrigerated so they could hold the liquid without just disintegrating. I may try to make my own over Christmas!
Hmm I tried the one at Dominique Ansel bakery when we went to Tokyo and the cookies were perfect- soft and chewy. But I’m guessing that’s on a different level. I do want to try it but at the same time, there are so many other treats to try anyway :rotfl: need to choose wisely not only for monetary reasons but stomach space too!

I've never tried a cookie shot, but it looks like a lot of fun!

(Aside: I saw that you can buy cookie shot molds on-line. That might be something fun to make for a holiday party. I also read a suggestion to paint the inside with a thin layer of chocolate to make it less permeable to liquids.)

The parade package must not be very popular or lots of people dropped their reservation. I can’t believe There are still a bunch of openings for it thanksgiving weekend.

I’m still debating it. I don’t have it booked. I dunno it’s really the food that keeping me from it. If they would led people substitute the turkey for chicken I would do it.

The parade package must not be very popular or lots of people dropped their reservation. I can’t believe There are still a bunch of openings for it thanksgiving weekend.

I’m still debating it. I don’t have it booked. I dunno it’s really the food that keeping me from it. If they would led people substitute the turkey for chicken I would do it.

We did the parade package last Sunday afternoon at 3pm and I was glad I did *but know it was Veteran's Day on a Sunday...so it was a VERY busy day*

I agree with the previously linked to review that there were ZERO signs directing you where to go which was annoying, but I finally found a cast member who was able to help us. (When entering Plaza inn, veer over to the left and go in that door and speak to that cashier).

I didn't like that there wasn't a menu to look at, the poor cashier just had a folded up piece of paper with the information.

My husband and I both had the Fried Turkey. The portions were HUGE. Turkey was decent, albeit a little spicy, the mac & cheese was decent, the stuffing was your run of the mill bread stuffing, and the green beans lacked flavor. Neither of us were able to finish our meal.

The kids both opted for pasta with chicken Alfredo sauce. They were also given HUGE portions of the lackluster green beans as well as a redundant small bowl of mac & cheese. (I feel like I forgot something else that the kids were given but I didn't take pictures of their plates so I can't remember).

Everyone got the chocolate pudding/mousse dessert which was fine.

We were able to catch glimpses of the 3:30 parade from the Plaza Inn outside seating area which was fun and helped keep the kids entertained while they ate.

We were told to return by 5:30 for the reserved viewing area but that it might be best to get there by 5:15. I can't remember the exact time we returned but it was around 5:15 or 5:20 and we grabbed the last curbside seats. The viewing area was decent, but I would have preferred the area be at the hub so you can see the parade coming towards you from the Plaza (the parade at 6pm starts at the front of the park and ends at Small World). The viewing area was NOT packed, but everywhere else on Main Street was.

We were told by cast members that they would take down the rope just before the parade stopped, but they forgot. I got a CM's attention and she removed the rope at the first break in the parade where they allowed the crowd to cross the street.

For my family we found good value in this dining package. The food was better and more plentiful that I had expected (compared to previous grab & go options for the PTN parade from Aladdin's Oasis), and being able to run around with the kids and not spend 90 minutes or more staking out a curbside spot for the parade was definitely worth the cost.

Tried a couple of the different holiday drink offerings.
Chocolate Peppermint Shake from Flo's was pretty to look at, but pretty basic in flavor. It was a chocolate shake with only a hint of peppermint. I would probably not order this again (unless I wanted a chocolate shake).
20181109_123434_zps9gjhw00u.jpg

I got this for my husband and it wasn't even chocolate flavor! It was "vanilla" but not super sweet (really bland for Vanilla) and definitely not pepperminty at all. Had I not delivered this to him on the other side of the park I would have returned to the counter and asked if they made it right.

(Aside: I saw that you can buy cookie shot molds on-line. That might be something fun to make for a holiday party. I also read a suggestion to paint the inside with a thin layer of chocolate to make it less permeable to liquids.)

Thanks, may look at getting some of those!

We did the parade package last Sunday afternoon at 3pm and I was glad I did *but know it was Veteran's Day on a Sunday...so it was a VERY busy day*

I agree with the previously linked to review that there were ZERO signs directing you where to go which was annoying, but I finally found a cast member who was able to help us. (When entering Plaza inn, veer over to the left and go in that door and speak to that cashier).

I didn't like that there wasn't a menu to look at, the poor cashier just had a folded up piece of paper with the information.

My husband and I both had the Fried Turkey. The portions were HUGE. Turkey was decent, albeit a little spicy, the mac & cheese was decent, the stuffing was your run of the mill bread stuffing, and the green beans lacked flavor. Neither of us were able to finish our meal.

The kids both opted for pasta with chicken Alfredo sauce. They were also given HUGE portions of the lackluster green beans as well as a redundant small bowl of mac & cheese. (I feel like I forgot something else that the kids were given but I didn't take pictures of their plates so I can't remember).

We were able to catch glimpses of the 3:30 parade from the Plaza Inn outside seating area which was fun and helped keep the kids entertained while they ate.

We were told to return by 5:30 for the reserved viewing area but that it might be best to get there by 5:15. I can't remember the exact time we returned but it was around 5:15 or 5:20 and we grabbed the last curbside seats. The viewing area was decent, but I would have preferred the area be at the hub so you can see the parade coming towards you from the Plaza (the parade at 6pm starts at the front of the park and ends at Small World). The viewing area was NOT packed, but everywhere else on Main Street was.

We were told by cast members that they would take down the rope just before the parade stopped, but they forgot. I got a CM's attention and she removed the rope at the first break in the parade where they allowed the crowd to cross the street.

For my family we found good value in this dining package. The food was better and more plentiful that I had expected (compared to previous grab & go options for the PTN parade from Aladdin's Oasis), and being able to run around with the kids and not spend 90 minutes or more staking out a curbside spot for the parade was definitely worth the cost.
Thanks for the review! We have this booked and I’m torn on whether or not to keep it. Did they make everyone sit down in the viewing area? We did the PTN dining package a couple of years ago and we had to stand so if we hadn’t of been in the front row it would have been a struggle to see because the viewing area was absolutely jam packed.

Thanks for your report! Were people required to sit? If someone chose to sit on one of the benches and they took the ropes down, wouldn't their view potentially be blocked at the last minute?

I did the cookie shot during Halloween Time in the Grand Californian. They were a lot of fun indeed.

The inside of the "shot glasses" is actually painted with chocolate just like you read.

Attachments

• Cookie.jpg
    Cookie.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 19
I did the cookie shot during Halloween Time in the Grand Californian. They were a lot of fun indeed.

The inside of the "shot glasses" is actually painted with chocolate just like you read.
Nice!! How did they taste?

I can't say for certain that it never varies, but on both Saturday and Sunday the first parade went from IaSW to MS. I think that's the normal way things go, but it might get messed up if there are days when the parade only runs an odd number of times.

I recall seeing Photopass out by the Christmas Tree pretty close to the start of the parade (I'd guess closer to 5 minutes or about when all of the parade carts start to come by). My guess is it depends on the day and how long the line is, so I would show up about 20 minutes before hand and then just hang around until they leave.
Thanks for your feedback on this! I want to photograph the parade looking straight down Main Street. I think I'll just have to hang out there close to parade time.

I'd love to hear more reports on this if anyone notices.

Nice!! How did they taste?

We did the non-alcoholic version as we both had to drive.

It was a good chocolate chip cookie, even a bit moist. I was a bit concerned it may be too dry due to having to soak up the liquid, but that's why they added the chocolate covering inside. Didn't think about that before.

I had the chocolate milk, my friend the normal milk. We both thought it was a genius idea and a perfect little dessert - probably even more so if you go for the real shot version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter