Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

As it gets closer I'm getting more nervous I not so sure I was sane when I signed up for this challenge. I have a few 5k and 2 10k under my belt but those are all In The last 4 months

Two 10ks in the last 4 months is good! That means you have recent distance race experience in your legs. Just keep up the training. I've only raced once since last Nov and it was only 5 miles. Just keep training, just keep training.
(I'm in a pixie dust mood today...so here you go pixiedust:)

:tinker: It's Fairy Friday! :tinker:

In which I blatantly steal the "Sundays Are For Disney"/"QOTD" ideas from other threads here in the runDisney section! :teeth:

We are 4 Fridays away from Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, so to keep us chatting/sharing ideas, I thought I'd post a question each Friday that we can discuss! Questions are about Disneyland Resort and/or the Tinker Bell Races!

4 weeks to go, Pixies...Happy Fairy Friday! :tinker:

Question of the Week: What are you planning on wearing for your race(s)? Extra Pixie Points if you show us pictures!

----------------------------------------------------

My answer:

I'm not sure! :eek: For whatever reason, i'm having trouble deciding on outfits. Maybe because I have a good number of options that I really like!

I need to pick 3 race outfits, and so far the only one I have definitively decided on is my half marathon outfit...I think:
33989903576_d992003c01_z.jpg

The shorts have 2 decently-sized pockets...I have a Spibelt (Minnie Mouse-themed, of course - red with white polka dots) so I'll likely pack that and decide last-minute if I want to wear it for the race. Not sure I'll need it with the shorts pockets though?

Since it's spring and the colors/theme of the weekend seem spring-y to me (pastels and flowers) I may continue the spring/flower/nature theme for the other races as well! I am not very talented when it comes to making costumes, and I don't have the patience for it (not something I enjoy, it just stresses me out!), so I'm wearing stuff that I already own (all from here). So here are some other options I am looking at:
33645437540_1e441857e6_z.jpg

33645437200_2cb843cee6_z.jpg

I'll also be bringing Matching Sweaty Bands for the 5K and 10K outfits, sunglasses for the 10K and half, likely a pink sparkly visor from Sparkle Athletic for the half...ooh, or maybe I'll pick up a turquoise one at the expo and break the "nothing new on race day" rule, because a turquoise visor could be fun! :scratchin

I'll likely bring many options in case the weather gets weird or I change my mind! :upsidedow

Hurray! Fairy Friday again! My pictures are going to be a bit big as I'm not on my normal computer right now. Sorry!!! I was planning to do a try on and post once I get the last few things in the mail next week (they're on their way!)

I'm going to be a cherry blossom/flowery/springy fairy thing. Kind of channeling my "favorite" fairy Perriwinkle (she's the frost fairy afterall, haha) but with a flowery spin. Basically the fairy friend Tink never knew she wanted or needed :) My sis may be making me a little stitch something to hide on my outfit too. Because who doesn't love Stitch? Sweatyband, inknburn shirt, sparkle athletic skirt (bringing my nike compression shorts, my VS blue knee length leggings and also a seperate inknburn ryu skirt too...options!) . I have white wings, and shoe accesories & blue sunglasses coming in the mail as we speak!
upload_2017-4-14_8-18-39.png
upload_2017-4-14_8-19-32.png
upload_2017-4-14_8-21-47.png
upload_2017-4-14_8-22-16.pngupload_2017-4-14_8-25-10.png

upload_2017-4-14_8-25-40.png

upload_2017-4-14_8-27-35.png

@Ariel484 How are you going to choose? Too much pretty choices! Honestly...I'm in love with the new pink singlet and bird shorts, but I'm partial to cherry blossoms (obvs) .

Maybe you can pick which outfit would look best with each medal? Like 10k has some blue on the medal right? Excited to see which you pick (and at least you will be easy to spot on the course if our paths cross!)

ETA Upon much review I would pick the pink tank and lotus shorts outfit for 5k and the hummingbird + springy shorts or black skirt for 10k. But that's only me :)

Last edited:
Happy Friday!!

See below - Another Mother Runner tank with a sparkle skirt, sweaty band, and purple Pom Poms on the shoes!

Attachments

• D5E746A5-E701-4C96-A9F2-D0F95E934B9C.jpg
    D5E746A5-E701-4C96-A9F2-D0F95E934B9C.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 18
1,000,000 Pixie Points to @roxymama and @JulieODC! :tinker::tinker::tinker:

@roxymama i LOVE those sunglasses!! And that SweatyBand is perfect! I don't know what to pick for me! There's stuff that I am waiting on from INB so if that comes by race weekend I'll have even MORE options! :faint:

@JulieODC love all the purple. That SS was always one of my favorites. :)

They are Warby Parker prescription sunglasses (yay for good eye insurance!). I usually get plain black so this is a fun departure.

I agree that I love your purple @JulieODC espevially the sparkly band!!

:tinker: It's Fairy Friday! :tinker:

In which I blatantly steal the "Sundays Are For Disney"/"QOTD" ideas from other threads here in the runDisney section! :teeth:

We are 4 Fridays away from Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, so to keep us chatting/sharing ideas, I thought I'd post a question each Friday that we can discuss! Questions are about Disneyland Resort and/or the Tinker Bell Races!

4 weeks to go, Pixies...Happy Fairy Friday! :tinker:

Question of the Week: What are you planning on wearing for your race(s)? Extra Pixie Points if you show us pictures!

I can't believe I signed up for the Monsters Inc. 10K this morning. I've lost my mind. :rotfl:

I made a tulle skirt for the Neverland 5K in 2016, after I was told that I could make a skirt cheaper than I could buy one.
It cost me almost double of the one I was considering, but I do kind of love it. It's petals of silver, white and lime green tulle...one of the colors has glitter in it and I left a trail of glitter all over the Disneyland Hotel and the course. Ha!

I'll be wearing a Raw Threads Tink shirt and the skirt. Hee!

Fairy Friday....:tink::tink::tink::tink:

For the 1/2 --Wearing Sparkle Skirt (the green Tink one) with a green UA short sleeve "Heat Gear" shirt, and Pom-poms on shoes.
For the 5K-- Tink color shirt with capris and will wear my wings, DH will wear red and black for Capt. Hook, and Mouseketeer will wear "Peter Pan green".

:sad2:No photos for me so no extra points....needing to get a TON done to get ready for Easter.

Fairy Friday!

I'm doing the 1/2 and am wearing a green Tink fairy dress with matching arm sleeves (that will likely come off at some point) and wings.

17903654_1458646910823859_7895436539816636760_n.jpg

17884367_1458646084157275_3814313748171284410_n.jpg

I am planning to wear nude capris or tights under the dress. I have one option and am waiting for another to arrive so I can see which I like better.

Last edited:
Oh my, I can't believe we are so close! I have adjusted my goal so many times this year and still undecided whether to even attempt to come or not. Had I known last August what was going to transpire, I probably wouldn't have registered.

I had a fantastic job opportunity come up in January - actually working at the same place with the same people, but, adding new duties to my already existing duties with more pay. So, I took it under the impression that I would have some of my existing duties reassigned - wrong! I spent so much time in overtime and being overworked that I ended up with pneumonia the middle of March. It took me several weeks to be able to run even a mile without coughing up a lung. There are so many days that I get home and it is dark so I hit the rec center and close it down. They usually will give the 9pm call that they are closed and I will go another lap. Most of the time I am walking down the stairs to them saying, "Everyone is out but that tall lady finishing up her lap."

I have adjusted my goal and just basically going to do the 5K with my daughter and for the 1/2 Marathon, I am going to start at the beginning of my corral (which will be the last one) and when the balloon person catches up to me, I am going to stick to them like glue for as long as I can. It will be a miracle if I am able to finish. I am okay with not finishing - just going to go and have fun.

I have the BarbaraG Sparkle Skirt to wear for the 1/2. The 5K, totally haven't decided yet. My daughter is going as Elsa. I probably will be there as the tired, old, overworked, stressed out lady....lol!

Oh my, I can't believe we are so close! I have adjusted my goal so many times this year and still undecided whether to even attempt to come or not. Had I known last August what was going to transpire, I probably wouldn't have registered.

I had a fantastic job opportunity come up in January - actually working at the same place with the same people, but, adding new duties to my already existing duties with more pay. So, I took it under the impression that I would have some of my existing duties reassigned - wrong! I spent so much time in overtime and being overworked that I ended up with pneumonia the middle of March. It took me several weeks to be able to run even a mile without coughing up a lung. There are so many days that I get home and it is dark so I hit the rec center and close it down. They usually will give the 9pm call that they are closed and I will go another lap. Most of the time I am walking down the stairs to them saying, "Everyone is out but that tall lady finishing up her lap."

I have adjusted my goal and just basically going to do the 5K with my daughter and for the 1/2 Marathon, I am going to start at the beginning of my corral (which will be the last one) and when the balloon person catches up to me, I am going to stick to them like glue for as long as I can. It will be a miracle if I am able to finish. I am okay with not finishing - just going to go and have fun.

I have the BarbaraG Sparkle Skirt to wear for the 1/2. The 5K, totally haven't decided yet. My daughter is going as Elsa. I probably will be there as the tired, old, overworked, stressed out lady....lol!

Hi and it's so good to hear from you !!!!! Congrats on your job promotion. So sorry to hear about your pneumonia---that sucks and I'm glad you're feeling better. We still have a month to go with our trainings......sending you Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust for this race !!! We'll have a great time and if I keep talking and distracting you maybe the miles will fly by.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts