Official 2017 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend (Jan 12th - 15th, 2017)

Booked my hotel today. I was thinking about saving money for Dark Side weekend in April by staying further away, but my go to place to save money is both further away and somehow more expensive than the Desert Inn and Suites, which had a great rate today.

The great irony of this is that I still need to book a room for my Disneyland visit next month. But at least I'm all set for race weekend.

Hows everyone doing with running this summer? I admit that the heat and vacations have taken a toll on my weekly mileage. I'm hoping to do a 6 mile long run this weekend. The thought of doing anything longer than that just sounds terrible right now.

Oh @kirstie101 - I'm failing hard at this. I have all of these good intentions to get out there and run, then I get home after work and just want to sleep because it's hot and I'm exhausted. :(

This weekend I will get back to it for sure. I need to stop making excuses.

Hows everyone doing with running this summer? I admit that the heat and vacations have taken a toll on my weekly mileage. I'm hoping to do a 6 mile long run this weekend. The thought of doing anything longer than that just sounds terrible right now.

I am failing miserably. And I have two halves in September and W&D to train for. Supposed to do 6 this weekend. We'll see how that goes this weekend since my training has been almost nonexistent!

Oh @kirstie101 - I'm failing hard at this. I have all of these good intentions to get out there and run, then I get home after work and just want to sleep because it's hot and I'm exhausted. :(

This weekend I will get back to it for sure. I need to stop making excuses.

Oh I am so glad I am not the only one!

I have a 5k this weekend. Ran yesterday morning and it was so humid. However, we're supposed to be getting drier air for the rest of the week. That will help with tomorrow's run and Sunday race. I'm really not starting to train for the half until September. Until then, just trying to maintain a good base.

More or less I've been sticking to my Tu, Th, weekend schedule. Helps that I live with my running buddy, lol (DH). Lucky to live in Northern California where we don't have to contend with humidity. I just have to run early enough or after work to avoid the heat of the day. It hasn't been too hot - one week of 90s, but mostly 70s & 80s. We are traveling in August to Utah where it's going to be hot hot hot! Not sure if I'll get much running in that week.

Does anyone know when the training shirts are going to come out? Soon, I hope?

Does anyone know when the training shirts are going to come out? Soon, I hope?

They typically are released concurrent with the race registration and I checked every day for two weeks and didn't see anything.

Maybe they stopped doing them due to cost?

Okay, I must've jinxed myself as I wasn't able to run over the holiday weekend. I'm supposed to run after work today, but all I can think of is SLEEP! I'm sure DH is thinking the same as he had to work (poor guy missed out on our fun.)

They typically are released concurrent with the race registration and I checked every day for two weeks and didn't see anything.

Maybe they stopped doing them due to cost?

Where do you check for the shirts?

I've officially started real training since training for Lumiere's Challenge kicked off today! I've adjusted the mileage a bit so I'm ready for my September half marathons and I'll just add my back to back runs in after those halves. Then I should be ready to pick up the Rebel Challenge plan after W&D. Then I'll have to jump in to Dark Side training. I just realized there probably won't be any kind of break until after Dark Side! Which is kind of crazy, but good for me! Those runDisney plans on the fridge really hold me accountable because my family will comment if I don't check off a run! LOL!

Anyone know if the Challenge is actually sold out or not? It doesn't say so on the website, but when you click to register, it takes you straight to the Half marathon only.

Anyone know if the Challenge is actually sold out or not? It doesn't say so on the website, but when you click to register, it takes you straight to the Half marathon only.

I dont remember hearing that it sold out. I just went and tried to do what you did and it brought me straight to the half marathon also. If you know you want RC you could always go through a travel agent. I used one for RC this year (if you're interested I used @longhorns2 ) to save myself the stress. Worked out great and I didn't have to book room with it, just a park ticket.

So I had a great run on Monday. Felt strong. Good time. This morning. Suckage. So slow. No energy. Blah. I know there are any number of reasons that could happen. Still disheartening.

So I had a great run on Monday. Felt strong. Good time. This morning. Suckage. So slow. No energy. Blah. I know there are any number of reasons that could happen. Still disheartening.

It happens. It helps us appreciate the good run! At least thats what I tell myself. I struggled with my 2.5 on the treadmill last night. Very low energy. I think I'm just tired from work and life. lol Summer is exhausting!

I appear to be back on track for my training runs. Got all three 3 last week and this week is looking the same!

Hotel question: Is it just me or are the hotel prices more expensive this year for the off property hotels? I know my Stovalls reservation is about $20 more per night than what I paid last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter