"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd like to meet up with our family, we'd love to tour with a Scottish lass at the party on the 26th!
Hi! I am so sorry this has taken me so long to notice this, i'm not good at using this site yet. That's so nice of you, I would love to meet up with people so I would be happy to be your token Scot for the evening. I don't know how you get in touch properly on this but definitely up for arranging something:tigger:

Thank you so much! So, if I bring my old bands, guest services will activate?

Nothing needs to be "activated" - any Magic Bands connected to your account will access any information that's in your MDE account.

How old are your bands?

Also here's the DIS Boards thread on bands:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-you-need-to-know-about-magicbands.3481711/

It doesn't matter how old the bands are - they'll work for anything that requires the band to be touched to something such as entering the park or using FP. The battery might not work, but that's only needed for ride photos and videos.

It doesn't matter how old the bands are - they'll work for anything that requires the band to be touched to something such as entering the park or using FP. The battery might not work, but that's only needed for ride photos and videos.

Thanks but I was asking OP.

Hi! I am so sorry this has taken me so long to notice this, i'm not good at using this site yet. That's so nice of you, I would love to meet up with people so I would be happy to be your token Scot for the evening. I don't know how you get in touch properly on this but definitely up for arranging something:tigger:

Hi Bopsie, I can't remember what party you were going to be at - we'll be there Sept 24th and 26th, staying at Shades of Green. If you PM me here I can give you contact information. (I think that works...?)

I know you'll have a great time whether alone or in a group!

Hi Everyone!
I've been following along this year- My Husband, Daughter, and I are planning to attend the party on 9/15. Thanks to all of your advice I was able to get BOG for 6:45 and was thinking about our fastpasses for the party. We are only going to be on property for the one night before we leave on the Fantasy on the 16th- poor us, i know ;)

So, I just received notice that our flight schedule changed from a 12:50 arrival to a 4:19pm arrival- which kills my plans. I'm going to have to give up any idea of fastpasses and BOG. They only have one earlier flight that gets in at like 6am and I think a redeye would make the party just as much of a bust.

Now that I have to rethink the whole night, how should I approach it? I'm thinking of giving up on a lot of characters so we can have some ride time, but I still want to get some good halloween party activities in.

I feel cursed with the parties- our first party at Disneyland was drizzly and the kiddo wore out before the fireworks, last year we attended MNSSP on 9/13- the one that had nonstop rain, this year is almost looking to join the trend. Help me have some hope?

I had called guest services to confirm no parade with dessert party and also complain about it as well. The first few CMs had no clue what I was referring to. Finally, one of them did and said she believes it's going to be different this year and the parade viewing spot will be with some type of package. I asked if was similar to that Tony's package they had for the MSEP and she said yes and it will be released closer to the event. I do not know how accurate or even if this is close to being accurate, but nonetheless I figured it was worth a mention.

With a flight arriving at 4:15 PM, what time do you think you'd arrive to the party? Since you're going on the cruise, you'll have the Disney luggage system (slow) and check in (can be slow) to cope with. Let's say you might be at your resort at 6:00, then check in. If you don't have your luggage yet, will you just skip costumes?

In any case, I can't see you getting to the MK before 7:00 PM, and that doesn't count eating anywhere. I'm not sure the party would be worth it, plus I'd be frazzled as heck. I'd go back to the airline and negotiate with them over the flight change.

I had called guest services to confirm no parade with dessert party and also complain about it as well. The first few CMs had no clue what I was referring to. Finally, one of them did and said she believes it's going to be different this year and the parade viewing spot will be with some type of package. I asked if was similar to that Tony's package they had for the MSEP and she said yes and it will be released closer to the event. I do not know how accurate or even if this is close to being accurate, but nonetheless I figured it was worth a mention.

Yup, this is what I have been thinking! I was hoping it would be part of some inspired villains event, but they may just make it a Tony's (bleh!) dining package.

With a flight arriving at 4:15 PM, what time do you think you'd arrive to the party? Since you're going on the cruise, you'll have the Disney luggage system (slow) and check in (can be slow) to cope with. Let's say you might be at your resort at 6:00, then check in. If you don't have your luggage yet, will you just skip costumes?

In any case, I can't see you getting to the MK before 7:00 PM, and that doesn't count eating anywhere. I'm not sure the party would be worth it, plus I'd be frazzled as heck. I'd go back to the airline and negotiate with them over the flight change.

I was thinking that we probably wouldn't be to the room until 6 if the stars align. I had planned it out to take DME for the ease of luggage to the resort- we are renting points for the night at BLT. Kiddo will probably be the only one in full costume. I had originally planned this party to wear my ursula gear from last year- being under a poncho all night kind of ruined it last year- haha! I'm kind of leaning towards a disneybound look.

I think I have grounds for a full refunds on the airfare, but other airlines don't look that much better for us, but its a possibility. The other thing I was considering was seeing if we could get another night added to the room (a possible stretch since we are renting DVC), taking the red eye and then going straight to the room at 6am. I know it's off topic, but has anyone had experience with not physically checking into a room until 6-8am the following morning?

I have read trip reports where people showed up at their resort at O Dark Thirty and gotten into their rooms with no problems. At very worst, they would hold your luggage and you could have breakfast or tour until you could get into your room. (I wasn't quite sure what you meant by 'following morning' - I understood you to mean you would arrive at the resort earlier on the arrival day - 6-8 AM rather than noon or 6 PM. Hope that's what you meant.)

I purchased my tickets a couple of days after the party dates became available. How long will it be until I get them?

I have read trip reports where people showed up at their resort at O Dark Thirty and gotten into their rooms with no problems. At very worst, they would hold your luggage and you could have breakfast or tour until you could get into your room. (I wasn't quite sure what you meant by 'following morning' - I understood you to mean you would arrive at the resort earlier on the arrival day - 6-8 AM rather than noon or 6 PM. Hope that's what you meant.)

I can see how that would be confusing. I was actually wondering if anyone had experience with physically arriving the day after your check in. So, I was thinking we might get a reservation for the 14th but not physically get to the room until the 15th between 6-8am.

I really think the only way we could make it work would be to have immediate access to a room.

I can see how that would be confusing. I was actually wondering if anyone had experience with physically arriving the day after your check in. So, I was thinking we might get a reservation for the 14th but not physically get to the room until the 15th between 6-8am.

I really think the only way we could make it work would be to have immediate access to a room.

That's not going to work. The Disney hotels switch over to the current day at 6:00 AM (or maybe it's 6:30), so while you would be OK checking in at 5:00 AM (since as far as their computers are concerned, it would still be the 14th), I would assume that if you didn't arrive until after the switch to the 15th, that you would be considered a no-show, and the reservation would be canceled.

What about flying in late the night before? Is that an option? Even if you stayed out by the airport that night, and made your way over to DW during the day, would be a lot more relaxed?

I think you are all right. I'm just going to have to call and cancel the original flights and book on another airline. They only have 3 flights going out each day. Just a bummer that I have to deal with calling them now :crazy2:

I think I have grounds for a full refunds on the airfare, but other airlines don't look that much better for us, but its a possibility. The other thing I was considering was seeing if we could get another night added to the room (a possible stretch since we are renting DVC), taking the red eye and then going straight to the room at 6am. I know it's off topic, but has anyone had experience with not physically checking into a room until 6-8am the following morning?

The latest (earliest?) I've checked in was 1am, I beleive as others have said waiting til 6am would count as a no show. I had to specifically let them know I would not be in til 1am due to airline. This was due to a long delay in my airline though.

I was just looking at the map someone posted from last year and it looks like Small World is not open. Can anyone confirm that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter