"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't have a regular park ticket for that day. That's the issue. She's saying that I can't make one for 3:30-4:30 intending to obviously use it after 4 when I get in because I only have a party ticket and can't get in until 4. However, everyone here says if you make one from 6-7, it will get canceled. I'd like to make my own fast passes especially because she messed up my dining reservations, but I don't know how to tell her that.
In the past, a party ticket worked like any other active ticket media. The system had no way of knowing if it was a party ticket or a regular park ticket, it just recognized that you had a ticket, and therefore enabled FP booking. There were no time restrictions - so you could book a 9 am FP with your party ticket if you wanted (you just couldn't use it!). I can personally attest to booking FPs that started prior to 4 pm on party days with only a party ticket in the past.

Now, based on some initial reports, the system may be more intelligent this year. Some folks have reported being unable to book FPs with a party ticket at all. Others have done them no problem. So whether it's a glitch, or Disney is in the process of trying to put controls in place, we're not sure. But if things were to operate the way they have in the past, you can absolutely book FPs with only a party ticket, and they can be for any time of day. It's just that since you can't enter until 4 with only a party ticket, you'd be unable to use anything booked prior to 4.

Again, this is how it worked in the past. My FP window is not open yet, so I can offer no personal experience on how it's working this year. (Though there are several reports in this thread that contradict what your TA is saying, and prove nothing has changed since prior years.)

Only during the party and you must show a party wristband to purchase.

Thanks - we're hoping to purchase some shirts and bags to use at the party. Now we know we'll need to buy them at the first party to use at the second party.

Another questions - to get SOMK cards you need to play at least 1 window each day. For the special party cards, is the same rule in effect? will we have to defeat 1 villain to get the party card?

Just popping in to share my excitement! We are going to the party on Oct 1, which is also my younger daughter's 6th birthday. She is going as Princess Leia, specifically "the one with the long white dress and the braid bun with the braid hanging down and the necklace and the belt", not to be confused with "the one with the cinnamon bun-thingies on her head". My mum is a master seamstress and making her costume. Older daughter (8) is going as Rey, and Nana was sorting out the challenge of making the costume for her. We were at the Disney store last night and they had the Star Wars costumes on clearance. Rey costume, normally $60 CAD, was on for $16.99! We snatched that up in a heartbeat, and she is so excited because it has the goggles and the foot coverings to look like her boots.
Is it September yet? I am so ready for this vacation!

October 1st is a great day for a birthday ;) Sounds like fun, kudos to your girls for picking some awesome costumes!

Another questions - to get SOMK cards you need to play at least 1 window each day. For the special party cards, is the same rule in effect? will we have to defeat 1 villain to get the party card?

I haven't been to a party since 2015 (I'm so so deprived.:sad::sad:) but at that time, you didn't need to play anything. Just show up, ask for your card and have your wristband marked. You didn't get a starter deck, just that one card. The process was the same at Sleepy Hollow vs. the Fire station.

Do you mean you guarantee you CAN get FPs before 4? That's so frustrating! I don't know how to tell her I know she's wrong because a bunch of people online say so, but she's really irritating me. Maybe I'll just let her make them and then change them around once she's done. I'm not looking for super hard to get ones the night of the party.
I can guarantee you can get fast passes before 4 with only using a party ticket. I did just that myself on Monday. We are going to the 1st party on August 25th and we only have a party ticket for that day(no regular ticket). My first one starts at 3:25-4:25, then 4:25 -5:25 the last on is at 5:30-630 and that with using ONLY a MNSSHP ticket.

No, I don't have a regular park ticket for that day. That's the issue. She's saying that I can't make one for 3:30-4:30 intending to obviously use it after 4 when I get in because I only have a party ticket and can't get in until 4. However, everyone here says if you make one from 6-7, it will get canceled. I'd like to make my own fast passes especially because she messed up my dining reservations, but I don't know how to tell her that.
I would just tell her flat out that you want to make your own FP+ reservations. Just say, "I've decided to make my own FP+ reservations, but thank you for all of your help". If she gives you a hard time, I would consider another travel agent.

Hubby and I are having a second honeymoon at WDW Sept 29 to Oct 5. We are arriving mid-day so I got tickets for MNSHHP to cover our first night in the parks. I'll be getting a 6-day park hopper for the rest of our stay. My concern is that they don't start counting our 6 days when we arrive at 4:00 for the Halloween Party. Anybody have experience with this?

They should not confuse them. Make your FP's for the first 6 days, then go back and add your party FP's (that seems to work best for most on this thread). When you come to the MNSSHP, bring your physical tickets or chits, enter at 4 (or whenever they let you) and they will use only that day for entry.

I haven't been to a party since 2015 (I'm so so deprived.:sad::sad:) but at that time, you didn't need to play anything. Just show up, ask for your card and have your wristband marked. You didn't get a starter deck, just that one card. The process was the same at Sleepy Hollow vs. the Fire station.

Thank you

Hubby and I are having a second honeymoon at WDW Sept 29 to Oct 5. We are arriving mid-day so I got tickets for MNSHHP to cover our first night in the parks. I'll be getting a 6-day park hopper for the rest of our stay. My concern is that they don't start counting our 6 days when we arrive at 4:00 for the Halloween Party. Anybody have experience with this?

When you arrive for the party, there will be a set of tapstiles just for the party. It will use that rather than a regular day admission. If you tap in before that at a regular one, it will consume one of those days. Just be sure you get there around 3:30 pm and look for those marked by the sign. You can't miss it. If for some reason it does take the wrong ticket, go to guest services as soon as possible to get that fixed.

When you arrive for the party, there will be a set of tapstiles just for the party. It will use that rather than a regular day admission. If you tap in before that at a regular one, it will consume one of those days. Just be sure you get there around 3:30 pm and look for those marked by the sign. You can't miss it. If for some reason it does take the wrong ticket, go to guest services as soon as possible to get that fixed.

Thanks. I assumed the party ticket will be on our magic bands as well.

Raya, I believe things have changed, last year I read guests were allowed to pick up their Free SotMK card at one location - Main Street Fire Station. The rest is the same, they mark your party wrist band with a black magic marker. :upsidedow I'm feeling deprived too!

Last edited:
Hello again - probably a foolish question - but I need help. We are going to a party, but are not staying onsite, so will not have Magic Bands. How do I get my fps?

Hello again - probably a foolish question - but I need help. We are going to a party, but are not staying onsite, so will not have Magic Bands. How do I get my fps?
Did you order your tickets yet? If you select mail, Disney will mail you the RFID cards that work with FP+. If you printed them, you can stop at Guest Services for cards.

Do you have any old cards or bands assigned to people? These would also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter