"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited for our first party in August! Lucky to have a crafty sister, who is helping our family of six become Sleeping Beauty: DD7 = Sleeping Beauty (hopefully with a half pink/half blue situation), nephew 9 = Prince Phillip, DD5 = Maleficent, and myself, sister and Grammie = Flora, Fauna and Merryweather. Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo to you!

We are heading down in September and would like to attend the party on Sunday the 17th. Is it better to buy our tickets now in advance, or can we wait until we get there on Friday? We plan to upgrade to an AP first thing on Friday morning, so would by the tickets then.

We are not concerned about making FP, since we'll have two young kids we're going to leave the park in the afternoon for a rest then come back for the party.

Has anyone had trouble booking the Sleepy Hollow event? I'm on my third CM, 35+ of hold time and no one knows how to book it for me....I keep getting transferred to more clueless people. I'm calling WDWPLAY, but I guess it's the wrong numeric option each time?

Has anyone had trouble booking the Sleepy Hollow event? I'm on my third CM, 35+ of hold time and no one knows how to book it for me....I keep getting transferred to more clueless people. I'm calling WDWPLAY, but I guess it's the wrong numeric option each time?
Pick the resort activities option (3 I think??)

We are heading down in September and would like to attend the party on Sunday the 17th. Is it better to buy our tickets now in advance, or can we wait until we get there on Friday? We plan to upgrade to an AP first thing on Friday morning, so would by the tickets then.

We are not concerned about making FP, since we'll have two young kids we're going to leave the park in the afternoon for a rest then come back for the party.
Parties can, and do, sell out, so if that date is your only option I would definitely purchase in advance.

I had the same problem until someone pointed out the correct option to select at the top menu. I don't remember what it is, but it's a few pages back. I would love to book that, too, but so far no Sept dates added.

We went two years ago (adults). We would trick or treat when we were near a station and there wasn't a line. It wasn't a main goal, but we thought it was part of the experience! We got plenty of candy without even trying.

We take a string backpack for each person. We walked in bagless with them folded up in our pockets, then pulled them out when we needed them. They worked well for anything we picked up (candy, etc) and were easy to close up for rides.
Great idea - thanks!

I don't post often, but I thank everyone for the helpful information on this thread. I'm having travel agent issues because her information is vastly different than the information in this post. I know everyone in here says that you must make party fast passes 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6:30 because they'll cancel anything later than 6:30. According to my travel agent, you can't make fast passes any earlier than 4 unless you have a regular park ticket for the day and she's never heard of fast passes getting canceled on party days. I'm getting frustrated because she's supposed to be an expert on Disney, but she's given my conflicting information before. Does everyone who is making their fast passes this way also have other park tickets? Please help! TIA!

I just booked this a few days ago. I had to call the recreation number and selected the option to book a tour. When the CM answered she knew exactly what I was asking for. I needed a date for last week of October. All the 8pm times were filled but they had a few 10pm spots so I grabbed that!

The travel agent is wrong, because even if you didn't have party tickets, but were using regular FP on that date at MK, you could make them after 4:00. Since you're going to the party, you'll want to make them after 4:00 (assuming that you're only using party passes that day and using your FPs for that). If you're using other WDW tickets for earlier in the day, and you use your 3 FPs for the day at that time, then she's right, you won't be able to book 3 more.

But mostly she's wrong. Book your FPs at the 30 or 60 day mark and prove her wrong.

No, I don't have a regular park ticket for that day. That's the issue. She's saying that I can't make one for 3:30-4:30 intending to obviously use it after 4 when I get in because I only have a party ticket and can't get in until 4. However, everyone here says if you make one from 6-7, it will get canceled. I'd like to make my own fast passes especially because she messed up my dining reservations, but I don't know how to tell her that.

Ok, I have 2 questions:
1. If I make any 60 day advance FPs with my park hopper tickets for either another park or MK before 3:30 on my party day, I cannot make additional advance FPs with my party tickets once I buy them, right? (that seems like it would be unfair- not trying to double dip, just looking for clarification) But once I use my FP/FPs at any park, I can try for additional FPs during the 3:30-6:30 time using MDE on my phone. Is this correct?

2. I was thinking of waiting until I saw a 10 day weather forecast to order my party tickets for either Tuesday Oct. 17th or Thursday the 19th. Am I taking a big chance of being shut out or do you think this would be OK? I didn't think too many dates sold out last year, so I thought this would be OK. Now I'm getting a little worried. :)

TIA! Love this thread!

I don't post often, but I thank everyone for the helpful information on this thread. I'm having travel agent issues because her information is vastly different than the information in this post. I know everyone in here says that you must make party fast passes 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6:30 because they'll cancel anything later than 6:30. According to my travel agent, you can't make fast passes any earlier than 4 unless you have a regular park ticket for the day and she's never heard of fast passes getting canceled on party days. I'm getting frustrated because she's supposed to be an expert on Disney, but she's given my conflicting information before. Does everyone who is making their fast passes this way also have other park tickets? Please help! TIA!

I agree with @Travelgrrl , the agent is, unfortunately, wrong. I've been to MNSSHP multiple times, the last time being just last year. I usually make the party tickets my only park day, so I guarantee you cannot get any FPs before 4 and if your return time is anytime after 6:30, they WILL cancel it out (happened to me when my return time was scheduled for 6:15-6:45pm).

However, there is a lot of Disney and your TA may only be relying on information given to her and not experienced. Perhaps she's never been to MNSSHP but has much more experience in other aspects :)

Do you mean you guarantee you CAN get FPs before 4? That's so frustrating! I don't know how to tell her I know she's wrong because a bunch of people online say so, but she's really irritating me. Maybe I'll just let her make them and then change them around once she's done. I'm not looking for super hard to get ones the night of the party.

Do you mean you guarantee you CAN get FPs before 4? That's so frustrating! I don't know how to tell her I know she's wrong because a bunch of people online say so, but she's really irritating me. Maybe I'll just let her make them and then change them around once she's done. I'm not looking for super hard to get ones the night of the party.

I agree with the others, you can make FPs starting at 3:30-4:30. You'll be making them too and NOT your TA. The fact is Disney allows guests to enter the parks early. Last year it was 3:45 giving you ample time to go on your first ride between 3:45-4:30. Those of us who have been attending these Halloween parties for years have made them this early without any issues. Feel confident in knowing we're here to help you. :flower3:

I've included the DIS Board official FastPass Thread which states "However, party tickets can be used for scheduling FPs during the party’s 3-hour grace period from 4:00p to 7:00p. Note that in past seasons Disney has canceled any FPs whose windows ended at 6:30p or later, therefore it is recommended to schedule these 3 FPs back-to-back between 3:30p and 6:30p.

Special Event FP

So again, yes FP should be made 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30

Last edited:
Just popping in to share my excitement! We are going to the party on Oct 1, which is also my younger daughter's 6th birthday. She is going as Princess Leia, specifically "the one with the long white dress and the braid bun with the braid hanging down and the necklace and the belt", not to be confused with "the one with the cinnamon bun-thingies on her head". My mum is a master seamstress and making her costume. Older daughter (8) is going as Rey, and Nana was sorting out the challenge of making the costume for her. We were at the Disney store last night and they had the Star Wars costumes on clearance. Rey costume, normally $60 CAD, was on for $16.99! We snatched that up in a heartbeat, and she is so excited because it has the goggles and the foot coverings to look like her boots.
Is it September yet? I am so ready for this vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!