"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new trip dates fall perfectly for the 9/7 party, so I've budgeted in to attend! My plan is to use that day to eat a late breakfast, go to BB, then head over around 5 and take advantage of the early entry to the party.

I've got two questions:
  1. When you arrive, how do they scan your MagicBand so it doesn't count as a park day?
  2. I've read that FP+ is available from 4-7 before the party starts, but do you have to use a park day to access FP+?

1) Your party ticket will be attached to your magic band. Since it is for a specific date, it will automatically mark off that ticket. The late entry is another way it will distinguish.
2) Nope. We don't do regular park days anymore. We go to MNSSHP and use the FP's from 4 to 7. This is included with your party ticket.

I did not know this was a thing. I have a craft binder but not one for Disney, I don't think I'd have space in my bag but I am making a note pad into a bit of a check list/itinerary information in it. It's thin and light so I'll be easy to take to the parks. Now you've said this, I think I'm going to have to decorate it a bit having seen images on google.

Yes a lot of people use some form or another to store their information. I’ve seen some amazing Disney specific binders but I wanted something I could use for all my travels and a place to keep important information.

This is my Travel Binder I carry this in my backpack during flights and slide out what we need to check-in and board. I also place the checked baggage receipt inside for safe keeping. Once we arrive at our destination I take out what we need for the following day and lock the binder in my luggage. I would never carry this monster into the parks but some people do.

upload_2017-5-3_20-40-10.png

I chose to use Clear Top Loading Sheet Protectors with Tabs for Flight, Hotel, Tickets, Medical and Miscellaneous. I find it easier to print any documents then slide them in or out as needed. I can also store memorabilia that I don’t want bent like maps and photos.

upload_2017-5-3_20-40-46.png

I also use Ultra Pro Platinum 9-Pocket Sheet Protectors for gift cards, park tickets and membership cards. I created small envelopes to keep them from sliding out. These baseball card protectors are perfect for storing Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom cards too.

upload_2017-5-3_20-41-32.png

And lastly I chose Heavy Duty Plastic Dividers to store our Daily Itineraries and other information based on our interests i.e. Pressed Penny Locations, Hidden Mickey’s and Historical Facts which are currently labeled in the order of our park day. I print three copies of each for DH, DS and myself.

upload_2017-5-3_20-42-6.png

After my trip I slide everything out, put it in a large manila envelope until I’m ready to scrapbook and then I’ll refill the pages for our next trip. Easy!

Last edited:
Yes a lot of people use some form or another to store their information. I’ve seen some amazing Disney specific binders but I wanted something I could use for all my travels and a place to keep important information.

This is my Travel Binder I carry this in my backpack during flights and slide out what we need to check-in and board. I also place the checked baggage receipt inside for safe keeping. Once we arrive at our destination I take out what we need for the following day and lock it up in my luggage. I would never carry this monster into the parks but some people do.

View attachment 235249

I chose to use Clear Top Loading Sheet Protectors with Tabs for Flight, Hotel, Tickets, Medical and Miscellaneous. I find it easier to print any documents then slide them in or out as needed. I can also store memorabilia that I don’t want bent like maps and photos.

View attachment 235250

I also use Ultra Pro Platinum 9-Pocket Sheet Protectors for gift cards, park tickets and membership cards. I created small envelopes to keep them from sliding out. These baseball card protectors are perfect for storing Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom cards too.

View attachment 235251

And lastly I chose Heavy Duty Plastic Dividers to store our Daily Itineraries and other information based on our interests i.e. Pressed Penny Locations, Hidden Mickey’s and Historical Facts which are currently labeled in the order of our park day. I print three copies of each for DH, DS and myself.

View attachment 235253

After my trip I slide everything out, put it in a large manila envelope until I’m ready to scrapbook and then I’ll refill the pages for our next trip. Easy!

Holy moly you are so organized! I toss and go! Lol

Just realized APs get a discount on party tickets but I'm planning on upgrading to AP once we get there in October. Any chance they would refund me the price difference??

Yes AP do get a discount but only on specific nights and yes you will get refunded the difference. Make sure you bring the same credit card or gift card that you used when you purchase your MNSSHP tickets.

If you are into meeting characters, I would just do QS. Everyone has their own plan of attack but QS would be quick and easy. Also, when you are doing all this walking, eating candy, you will get hungry. I had a full dinner before I got there at 4pm. I assumed I would be good until the party was over at midnight. I ended up getting QS after the parade was finished. Then this held me off until I got back to the resort. When I arrived at 4pm, there were MANY party goers getting in line for characters. I got in line at 4:30 pm for 7 dwarfs, they came out at 6:15 pm.

This! Totally agree with everything here.

Is there a place I can sign up to get emailed when the dates go on sale? This is the last piece of our vacation.

This site will email you depending how you set it up under "watch" you're given the option to receive emails or not. You could also sign up at various Disney specific websites.

NEWS
There is another event which may impact your September stay, it's called "Spooky Day in the Parks" this is NOT an Official Disney event.

Dates:
September 22, 22 & 23

Summary: Spooky Day in the parks ia a two day meet up event for fans that have a “Villainous” side. A mixture of Theme Park Gatherings, Special VIP events, a bizzarre full of merchandise to fulfill your dark side and much more! Our goal is to see you all dressed in your best wicked attire. Be it dark or fun, we are dying to see your personal style as we step out for this wicked weekend.

Location: There will be multiple locations for our many outings and events, but our central location will be the Coronado Springs Resort at Disney. Other gatherings are already scheduled to take place at MK and Disney Studios Tower of Terror.

Hotel: Special room rates at Coronado Springs Will be available for the event.

View attachment 232803

Here's a link for those interested:
http://www.chipandco.com/fan-event-spooky-day-parks-coming-walt-disney-world-266454/

I just jumped on here while I was searching for some more info on this event. I did notice they have more info on their site today, but no prices or tickets yet.

1) Your party ticket will be attached to your magic band. Since it is for a specific date, it will automatically mark off that ticket. The late entry is another way it will distinguish.
2) Nope. We don't do regular park days anymore. We go to MNSSHP and use the FP's from 4 to 7. This is included with your party ticket.

@Doug S This doesn't entirely sound right to me.

You will need to assign your party tickets which links them to MDE. When scanning your Magic Bands at the gate it can take off a regular park day even though your attending the correct party. This was reported at least twice last year. That's why I highly recommend bringing you party card or voucher with you - Just in Case. Though this is not common, it can happen.

Last year Disney cancelled any FP that were made after 6:30pm so your window can start at 3:30 but should end at 6:30. This information can also be found on the First Page of this thread.

If I go to another park in the morning and use my FP does this mean I can use mnsshp to get 3 more FP to use before 6:30? Thank you

I just jumped on here while I was searching for some more info on this event. I did notice they have more info on their site today, but no prices or tickets yet.

Correct. They prefer you to sign up for their email, then they'll send you this information. The one thing that I thought of when I saw they were offering room discounts were for those who could not find one when Early Fall FD & RO Discounts were announced as this would have been an option.

This thread although 100+ pages long has so much information and links it's amazing to me people willing to spend thousands on a Disney trip but have no time to sit back and read what's going on, I don't get it.

I hope you find what you're looking for. The dinner at DHS sounds really nice.

If I go to another park in the morning and use my FP does this mean I can use mnsshp to get 3 more FP to use before 6:30? Thank you

I just answered this. No you cannot. Please take the time to read the First Page of this thread, go to page 1.

That first post is incredibly helpful. I'll be reading it multiple times before the event :)

@monique5 the Host of this years MNSSHP thread and last year as well does an AMAZING job keeping Post #1, #2 & #3 updated. She's very quick. It's the first place I check when I sign-in every time.

I'm really excited! This will be our first MNSSHP! I just REALLY want Disney to release the what day the tickets will be coming out so I don't have to worry about not getting the day I want!

With that said, does anyone know what TIME Disney usually releases tickets like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter