******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I am a Disney Visa cardholder checking in on 8/13, am I reading right that I have to wait for a different email to book and can't jump on the offer right away at 4 am or whenever it drops?

Ok, I need to drag myself away from here but I just can't!! Ha! Think my DH has come down with the flu and I need to go fumigate my house with Lysol... and I leave for a Destin, Florida vacation in 4 days and I have a ton to do before... including getting all my crap together for the FD drop in the morning!!!!! Whoooo hooooo!!!! Y'all don't go run the board up 30 pages before I can get back!!! :rotfl2:

Well this year we are a family of 5 now ( youngest turned 3) previously we would bring my mom with us but that would put us at 6 and we try to stick with the Mods due to cost. If they do get QS I think we actually might try DL! I am the only one who has ever been (20 yrs ago) and I think the kids would love it. We could get a place across the street that sleeps 6 so my mom could still come but a part of me is scared to give up DW. Still keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow but cost wise DL is looking better and better to us. Tell me I'm not crazy

So I am trying to get a res for 8/30-9/5. Would you do WL or POR? Would you take FD or contact a TA about their specials? It will be myself, husband, and 19 month old! We love having the dining plan, but in not sure if it's as good as a deal for Food and Wine festival? Help!

Need clarification! The family member planning our trip was told by a CM several times when he booked that as long as he calls in on the first day "a discount such as getting the dining plan for free," he'll be able to add it to our booking. From everything I'm reading, that doesn't seem to be right? I'm worried he's planning on calling at lunch or after work, and the rooms with discounts will all be taken by then. We're booked at the All Star Music, and I'd imagine that'd be as popular for this promotion as most other places. Thoughts??

Do dining credits expire the day you check out of your resort? I just got inspired to add three days at a campsite after a 7 day stay at the cabins at ft wilderness with a TS dining upgrade. Only makes sense if we can stretch our dining though. Tickets we would purchase for 8 days and I know those must be used within 14 days. I'm hoping dining credits would work the same way.

Anyone ever try it? It might be worth pay oop for those days but I'm not sure yet

Do dining credits expire the day you check out of your resort? I just got inspired to add three days at a campsite after a 7 day stay at the cabins at ft wilderness with a TS dining upgrade. Only makes sense if we can stretch our dining though. Tickets we would purchase for 8 days and I know those must be used within 14 days. I'm hoping dining credits would work the same way.

Anyone ever try it? It might be worth pay oop for those days but I'm not sure yet

Dining credits will expire at 11:59pm on check out day - at the resort you're getting FD from. So you can use your dining credits til midnight at your camp site on the first day. That's it.

But most of the time they don't have to read pages and pages of this thread- same questions asked every 1-3 pages. a pinned post at the start may have avoided this, but a bit of reading would too.
I agree with this needs to be FAQ on the first page.

So I am trying to get a res for 8/30-9/5. Would you do WL or POR? Would you take FD or contact a TA about their specials? It will be myself, husband, and 19 month old! We love having the dining plan, but in not sure if it's as good as a deal for Food and Wine festival? Help!
For the WL definitely check with a TA. I know a few people were getting better than Disney pricing for the Deluxe resorts. Your date was in the Labor Day specials.

Dining credits will expire at 11:59pm on check out day - at the resort you're getting FD from. So you can use your dining credits til midnight at your camp site on the first day. That's it.

You can use dining credits anywhere on checkout day. We went to the park on check out day and used them just fine.

My favorite disney blogger just posted that that both AKL and WL are the best value with free dining (updated today)– one reason being that they sleep five (which is the number in my family). When I look on the website both hotels say only 4 adults in their rooms – except in suites or villas – which make them not the cheapest deluxe. I see a standard view one bedroom villa at AK at $5961 that sleeps five and a garden/woods view room at BC at $4990. Am I missing something? Because we would love to stay at AK. Are there standard size rooms at either of these resorts that sleep 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter