******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey friends I always stay at CBR or POR. But I'm trying to help a friend. What values are available for FD? I know that only suites at AOA are available for FD. I just not sure about the others. And I know we don't know for sure but historically asking. Thanks and I've loved this board the last 3 years. You guys are the kindest and most helpful.

All-Star Movies and the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA will likely be excluded from free dining.

Pop, All-Star Sports and Music and suites at AoA will likely be included.

Thank you for this info. Do you by any chance have details on the Cooper Creek renovation? I see that rooms are available there when I want to stay at Boulder Ridge, would that mean construction will be finished, or will we be in the middle of a hard hat zone? :duck:

CCV will open July 17. The rooms aren't available until then, and it is expected that most or all of the construction will be done by when they open. Certainly the major stuff will be -- eg the new pool is also scheduled open then too. The new QS & lounge restaurant Geyser Point is already open. Roaring Forks is supposed to reopen by then as well. At least some of the cabins will be ready, as will some amount of the south wing, if not all.

There are a few threads on here that talk about the renovations and where they are at, including pictures.

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information and Questions Thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...las-information-and-questions-thread.3372315/

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors’ Edition)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...lectors’-edition-updated-17-april-17.3242976/

BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...ilderness-lodge-dvc-expansion-thread.3410778/

SW

Wow...I've been away for awhile apparently caught a bug of some kind.....no fun, but I wanted to tell everyone the FD wait has been a good one with great company on this thread!!! Cheers to another Fabulous Magical Disney Vacation everyone!!!!!:thumbsup2

I think this is probably the only Monday morning I've looked forward to continuously the past few years!!!

Newb here... How quickly do free dining and room discounts usually book up, historically? I'm pretty happy with either based on my plans, but probably won't book until my TA can on Tuesday. I want some time to look at what's there when it really all comes out. Math isn't my strong suit and I got overwhelmed trying to figure it all out.

Haven't read through the whole thread yet, so not sure if this was mentioned. If you are a coffee drinker, any size drink at Starbucks is good for 1 snack credit a day. Sometimes 2 for me :)
I plan on using snack credits for breakfast items. It seems like the best use of them.

If rooms are currently unavailable for a certain time, does that mean they will be unavailable when free dining is released? In other words, do they hold inventory for free dining?

We are planning two parties for our September trip! DS (4) has said we are going as Buzz, Woody and Jessie then the other party we are going as Catboy, Gekko and Owlette (from Disney jr pj mask) haha!!
I love this!! I need to look into this show, I have a boy who's crazy for cats, wonder if he'd want to dress up like a preschooler character?!

If rooms are currently unavailable for a certain time, does that mean they will be unavailable when free dining is released? In other words, do they hold inventory for free dining?

General consensus is likely not- why would they hold back full-priced rooms in order to see them at a discounted rate?

I'm going to be around all day, if anyone needs final help with numbers, PM me or get my attention. Also back about 50 pages there was an awesome spreadsheet someone posted. Zip file.

So tech challenged!! How do I open the zip file???

I think you take the room discount. FD was an amazing deal when hooked on to moderates. Now, not so much if only QS. We have learned how to still go to TS restaurants, split some things, get waters, and still have a great experience (while saving a few dollars).

I agree. We usually go in the summer, stay at BC with a room discount, and pay OOP for meals. For the first time ever this past December we stayed at CBR with free dining! Boy was that ever a deal since we had five Disney Adults in the room! However, it was really cramped for us I wouldn't do it again if it was just the quick service plan offered.

Alright, First
EVERYONE BE NICE
WE WERE ALL NEW ONCE.
:welcome: to all the Newbies.
Please take a breath. Let us try and help you.

DO NOT BOOK TODAY. Wait until FD drops.
If you do not get what you want tonight /tomorrow. Check back in a few days. After TA's and other Disney fanatics have released some of the saved reservations.

FREE DINNING

COULD DROP ANY TIME FROM MIDNIGHT-6 or 7 am. IF it drops tonight/tomorrow like is being rumored be ready if you want first pick.

Drop date
24th

This is all from Black's facebook-
Minimum of 4 nights(might be 3), maximum of 14, with 4-days tickets and park hopper or park hopper plus add on. Check-in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/8-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts. French Quarter, All Star Movies, and Mermaid rooms at AOA appear to be excluded. Riverside appears to only be included through September.

========
REMEMBER THIS IS ALL RUMORED
This is on PAGE 659-670) please remember to come find it when your asking questions.

Can I get your opinion? I stayed at Pop with FD last year and I really liked Pop. Planned on doing it again this year but after adding PH and whatnot, FD would only save me $50. So of course the crazy Disney wheels in my head start turning and I got a monorail resort bug.

I don't really love anything about the Contemporary except for its location but I can get it for about $1,700 more than Pop. Just typing that out I see it is a ton of money. But I have a 3yo and a 5yo and the location just seems so convenient and it would be nice to just see that side of things and see the fireworks at night and not have to deal with buses and whatnot. I am getting a bonus at work that I planned to use for savings so I could swing it but it's definitely not the smartest financial move. So I guess what I am asking is, is it TRULY worth it? Would you do it?

FWIW, we are staying at AKL the last 3 nights of our trip (rented points).
If you really want to stay at a deluxe resort, I would google for a TA that has a Labor Day Special. They seem to have the best prices (better than on Disney's website). Ask for a quote. Some people have been able to get better than FD deals when they are staying Deluxe.

Last edited:
POP is set up differently than the AllStars. I would book standard there and keep looking for preferred. Most of the areas are not far from the food court or buses. Just do some research and then request a closer room
A lot of the standard rooms are right next to the preferred rooms, and have better views. Both times I have stayed at Pop in a standard room, we had great views and a pretty short walk. On the last visit, I requested 60s, 4th floor (all rooms in this category are lake view). I ended up with 50s, 1st floor right next to mousekeeping storage. It was very loud and far away. We went to the front desk, and very nicely asked to be switched. They moved everything to the new room (70s lakeview, 4th floor), including stuff in the fridge while we were at the park (we did leave a note, along with a tip for bell services). You can always move rooms if you hate your room, no problem. This time I think I will actually ask for the 90s section, as those rooms are the first being renovated. That walk will not be fun, but I want the new room!

Ok off the topic but dining question. Since the mods are getting QS (from what it appears) we told our TA to rebook us at a value and add a day to our stay and keep our dining plan at deluxe. We will not arrive the first day at the airport until 5 something and we figure at least 1 1/2 hrs to get to resort from there. So we were think around 7:30 to 8 getting back to the resort, but we will want to eat dinner and the lasted I found is 8:30 so do you think we can do one at 8:30? We are wanting to do Downtown Disney oops Disney Springs still do not like the new name cause we only the ten day ticket with PH and we are planning on doing 10 nights and 10 days in the parks. We need to at least use up 2 each of the TS credit for the first day. Leaving us with one left each and 2 snacks credits to use for the rest of the week which I have already have a plan on how to use them up.

Alright, First
EVERYONE BE NICE
WE WERE ALL NEW ONCE.
:welcome: to all the Newbies.
Please take a breath. Let us try and help you.

DO NOT BOOK TODAY. Wait until FD drops.
If you do not get what you want tonight /tomorrow. Check back in a few days. After TA's and other Disney fanatics have released some of the saved reservations.

FREE DINNING

COULD DROP ANY TIME FROM MIDNIGHT-6 or 7 am. IF it drops tonight/tomorrow like is being rumored be ready if you want first pick.

Drop date
24th

This is all from Black's facebook-
Minimum of 4 nights(might be 3), maximum of 14, with 4-days tickets and park hopper or park hopper plus add on. Check-in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/8-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts. French Quarter, All Star Movies, and Mermaid rooms at AOA appear to be excluded. Riverside appears to only be included through September.

========
REMEMBER THIS IS ALL RUMORED
This is on PAGE 659-670) please remember to come find it when your asking questions.

Awesome info! Bumping for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter