******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I went to WDW News Today. Doom off (I'm sure someone already said I can't keep up today seems like.) They only don't mention Values because they are talking about changes. If that had changed they would have mentioned it. So they are not incorrect, all their info seems right, just wasn't what there post was discussing. At top it says MAJOR CHANGES. But on to other news.

They did have this!

must book a minimum 3-night-stay with 2 days of Park Hopper or Park Hopper+ tickets.

This is what I had heard to but I didn't want to say anything until I had outside confirmation. I really think this is going to help a few here!! YIPPEE!

I have a question about doing the free dining online. If I currently have a package booked, do I need to cancel that reservation and then made a new one once the free dining drops? OR Can I create a second reservation for the same dates and then just cancel the original? Please help. Last year I spent hours on the phone and actually had to call off sick from work so I could get the free dining on an existing reservation :(

A few years ago and my son, who is Autistic, dressed up as a Pirate skeleton and got so much attention, he loved it! He's 20 now and graduating and this trip is his gift. I'm surprising him with the Halloween party and bringing along the costume and makeup and hiding it! This is him in his skeletal splendor.

That is awesome!

Paying with points isn't considered rack rate? Sorry for all these questions.
Also some important info to keep in the back of my pocket, that they neglected to tell us, when it comes to my DVC purchase I want to make in the next year or two. Didn't know you don't qualify for offers when using DVC points

You cannot get any discounts when you rent points, so hopefully you got the points at a discounted price.

Guys I'm very sad because if a 4 day PH or PH+ is required vs the "usual" 2 day I cannot go.
We only need 4 nights and 2 day PH and we'd go to MNSSHP.
We cannot spend another $175 per person for the 4 day ticket for absolutely no reason!
So looks like if that ends up being the case we will go for a very very short trip for MVMCP with a 1 day PH for Hs and EPCOT or we will just not go until next year.

2 sources now have:

must book a minimum 3-night-stay with 2 days of Park Hopper or Park Hopper+ tickets.

I hope it is right. We just won't really know until it drops.

Okay, so I went to WDW News Today. Doom off (I'm sure someone already said I can't keep up today seems like.) They only don't mention Values because they are talking about changes. If that had changed they would have mentioned it. So they are not incorrect, all their info seems right, just wasn't what there post was discussing. At top it says MAJOR CHANGES. But on to other news.

They did have this!

This is what I had heard to but I didn't want to say anything until I had outside confirmation. I really think this is going to help a few here!! YIPPEE!

Dang, the environment there is totally different than here. Note to self: stay HERE ;)

We are a family of 5, and my youngest is over 3, I can't find anything that compares to the price of CBR. Am I missing missing something??? I would prefer not to stay there with the construction and having to pay for PH and to upgrade to TS, but I cannot pay $1000+ to stay at another resort. I would really appreciate an advice!
Try Port Orleans Riverside a little bit more but still not as expensive as Deluxe. We also are a family of 5 and usually swap between the PO and CBR.

Here's the link that was put up in the News Round Up 2017 Thread:
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/04/walt-...rns-2017-major-changes-moderate-resort-stays/
That article is rubish at its best. 2-day park hopper? Wrong. No values mentioned? Wrong again.

Some Facebook pages and groups just want to stir the pot or to quote a saying from Portuguese 'to see the circus catch on fire', as long as they generate clicks and revenue for their own site they don't have a care for the whole picture.

I'm sure it would have said no FD at values if that were the case. That would be pretty big news.

Agree. All you have to do is look at the title of the post.

Walt Disney World Free Dining Offer Returns for 2017 with Major Changes for Moderate Resort Stays

There focus was on changes to moderate because that is where the change lies. If it was Value gets NO free dining it would say "Major Changes for Value and Moderate Resort Stays" and then would have outlined both changes.

Assuming free dining does go live tomorrow what time eastern does this usually happen. Also does it have to be completed on the phone or can it be done online? If done online how does the process usually work, where do you attach the free dining to your reservation? Thanks for the help!!

I ran numbers using the prices currently posted on website. Is that the rack room price? 9/27-10/3 CBR

That article is rubish at its best. 2 park hopper? Wrong. No values mentioned? Wrong again.

Some Facebook pages and groups just want to stir the pot or to quote a saying from Portuguese 'to see the circus catch on fire', as long as they generate clicks and revenue for their own site they don't have a care for the whole picture.

Why do you say 2day PH is wrong? That is the last bit of info that has not really been defined.

WDW NEWS TODAY says nothing about Values. Now it could have been an oversight, but it only mentions mods and deluxe.

The angle of the article seems to be talking about how this year is different. I think KimBean is right. I think they were just addressing the changes. Value didn't change in what they get from what we've heard.

Assuming free dining does go live tomorrow what time eastern does this usually happen. Also does it have to be completed on the phone or can it be done online? If done online how does the process usually work, where do you attach the free dining to your reservation? Thanks for the help!!

We don't know. To give you an example I have it up and am already refreshing on the hour. Could be any time at midnight to 6am. Phone lines open at 7 am.

Last year, the offer went live at around 4 AM EST. You can do it online and I recommend doing this. The phones can have a 2 1/2 hour wait time. If you've already booked your reservation, you *MAY* be able to edit it and add the offer. The Modify function has been troublesome for some people. Good luck!

Now that we are on the eve of booking our trip DH is really stepping up the "we can't afford it this year" spiel. So I casually pulled up a slideshow of last year's Disney trip on the TV and slowly his face started showing that smile that only Disney brings. I asked "now isn't your heart filled with $3,000 Disney trip joy?" He nods, yup.:jumping1:

Why do you say 2day PH is wrong? That is the last bit of info that has not really been defined.
Because I'm definitely sure the US offer will be exactly the same as the Brazilian/Argentinian offer. It's been that way since 2014 and I see no reason why Disney would change it now when they are trying to price everyone out of the offer so they can discontinue it saying the offer was no longer profitable.

Every source I have refers to 4 day hopper being necessary for Free Dining.

I'm a newbie so please be patient :) Can you combine FD with the summer room discount or do you have to pay rack rate to get FD (we are going at the end of August). ? Also we were planning to get our tickets through Undercover Tourist; can we link those tickets and qualify for FD or do we have to get them from Disney? We haven't been to WDW since 2007 so I feel a little lost. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter