******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking for 2 rooms (had 2 last year at POP) I specifically said that I wanted a value, and was told that I had to choose from a moderate, either CB, CSR, or POR. So, when I chose CSR, the person kept quoting me the most expensive rooms like a business class room and then a junior suite. So when I said no that wanted a standard room, was told there were none available. I really should have hung up and called back later, but at that at that time, I was just like oh whatever we can deal with this another time. Now I am totally regretting it.
When I booked my bounceback last yr, the only thing available was deluxe club level at BC. I called 2x and was told the same thing. They may have had no availability at the time.

We might not be able to stay that long without it. We were initially thinking 11/24 to 11/30 (not flexible), but then thought maybe 12/1-12/7 (flexible by a few days) would be better

Unfortunately with Thanksgiving being the 23rd, it is VERY unlikely FD will be available starting the day after. HOWEVER, last year that Sat-Mon WERE included in FD dates, so if that happens again, it just means you need to wait to check in on the 25th instead of the 24th.

The bounceback FD last summer, when I called the line from the room, was only offering moderates. Which is why I didn't book it at the time.
I booked the free dining bounce back offer when I was there in September. All level of resorts were included. Pop century, all-star music and sports and AoA suites were included (free qs)

Well, 11/24 is a driving day so we'd check in that evening and the plan was to do some strategic planning on 11/25 and maybe 11/26, then hopefully crowds will be low on 11/27, 11/28, and 11/29?

Ideally I'd rather go during the first week or so of December though!

We went Black Friday - Wednesday last year. We did a room only Friday then FD Saturday - Wednesday. Saturday was surprisingly not very crowded. I was afraid of doing a park that day, but we did HS and found it more than manageable. Wednesday at MK was awful....

Really? I've seen that talked about quite a bit on this thread. I guess I could go back and point out specific posts if I had to...but I don't want to. LOL But there are several people who have talked about it. Whether or not they did it I don't know. But they've talked about it.

Like it said, reserve where you want to stay and go from there. Don't count on getting the offer, if there's an offer at all. Every year they put more restrictions on it making it tougher to get. If you can't afford to go without the offer, don't book until the offer drops. I mean, I'm going regardless. I'm having fun watching people lose their minds on this thread more than anything else. :rotfl:
How...helpful...of you. I think.

Well, 11/24 is a driving day so we'd check in that evening and the plan was to do some strategic planning on 11/25 and maybe 11/26, then hopefully crowds will be low on 11/27, 11/28, and 11/29?

Ideally I'd rather go during the first week or so of December though!

Yeah crowds will be lower then. I check in on 11/27. But all depends on FD. I'm hoping for a few days late nov so we can start then but might be waiting until 12/7-9 depending on the offer.

We went Black Friday - Wednesday last year. We did a room only Friday then FD Saturday - Wednesday. Saturday was surprisingly not very crowded. I was afraid of doing a park that day, but we did HS and found it more than manageable. Wednesday at MK was awful....

I've heard but have not experienced that it is Thursday and Friday that are super busy.

Thank you! I didn't realize that.

The agent said if we book now and want to adjust to work around FD, she will then get to work on applying the promo that morning. She kind of made it sound like we'd be priority over a brand new booking. Might just want commission, then? Is it faster to book myself online?

I think maybe she is talking about her priority. She probably works first on those clients already booked to switch to FD, then works on could be clients reservations. She doesn't want to let down those people who already have confirmed bookings with her.

If she worked yours first (or in first batch) and got you FD and then you were like oh I got it myself then she spent time on yours she could have been doing someone who is already booked through her. So now she has to disappoint a client. With FD it is all about who gets it fastest.

So, if 4/17 is the rumored date, we have just under 3 weeks to go. What is the max number of pages for a thread?

Can someone explain to what the Bounceback offer is and how it works? We are going in Aug and would love to know more about how to get it for next year? We been to Disney several times over the years and I've never heard of it!
A bounce back is an offer that allows you to book a discount (FD/room) for dates the following year. If you decide to book a BB, you will need to put down a deposit at the time of booking. There should be a booklet in your room that lists all kinds of Disney information including any BB offer. If you don't find a booklet, dial ext 8844 from your room phone and ask what the current bounce back offers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter