******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to what the Bounceback offer is and how it works? We are going in Aug and would love to know more about how to get it for next year? We been to Disney several times over the years and I've never heard of it!

This is my first time booking a trip to WDW so I'd love some advice on FD dates! We are on a budget so we're trying to figure out the best deal. We were originally going to do AoA (Little Mermaid because DD will love it) and only do 3 park days, but then we thought if we're making the drive we might as well get some more time there.

So now we are getting ready to book Pop for 6 nights and do 5 park days, but it will be SO helpful to get FD. We might not be able to stay that long without it. We were initially thinking 11/24 to 11/30 (not flexible), but then thought maybe 12/1-12/7 (flexible by a few days) would be better. A travel agent said she'd go with December, but when I look at the past FD dates it looks like November might work better? We want lower to moderate crowds and all of the December dates seem to be the week before DD's Christmas break at school, which I'd rather not do.

Any advice? We were told to book now and lock in some dates so we can then try to adjust with FD later, but I'm not sure what to do.

This is my first time booking a trip to WDW so I'd love some advice on FD dates! We are on a budget so we're trying to figure out the best deal. We were originally going to do AoA (Little Mermaid because DD will love it) and only do 3 park days, but then we thought if we're making the drive we might as well get some more time there.

So now we are getting ready to book Pop for 6 nights and do 5 park days, but it will be SO helpful to get FD. We might not be able to stay that long without it. We were initially thinking 11/24 to 11/30 (not flexible), but then thought maybe 12/1-12/7 (flexible by a few days) would be better. A travel agent said she'd go with December, but when I look at the past FD dates it looks like November might work better? We want lower to moderate crowds and all of the December dates seem to be the week before DD's Christmas break at school, which I'd rather not do.

Any advice? We were told to book now and lock in some dates so we can then try to adjust with FD later, but I'm not sure what to do.
Historically the first week of December has been excluded from FD because of that cheer competition (I believe) thing.
It doesn't matter if you book now or later, the availability now will not help you get FD easier since Disney puts aside a select number of rooms for the promotion.

So I'm looking at my plan in case I don't get FD (I know, I know, don't stone me :crazy2:) I'm wondering if anyone has experience with planning for FD and then paying for those same plans OOP. Did you end up paying less than you would have with the DP? I know some of you are going to say I will have to do the math, and believe me I've tried. I know what I'm asking for and that someone elses experience would be different from my own, but I'm asking it anyway. Just want to know other's experiences.

We have been fortunate enough to do free dining every time we've gone to Disney. We have always tried to "do the math", but it can be difficult. The last time we went, we saved the receipts for every meal, both QS and TS, as well as all of the snacks. We would have definitely spent more OOP for the food than we would have even if we had to pay for the dining plan. Hope that helps. Full disclosure though...we have two boys that can ea... and one of them we have nicknamed "market price" when it comes to eating out.

Newbie here. Is getting up at 4am to book free dining usually necessary? If I want until the next business day (she is off on Sunday's and Mondays) for my TA to do it, would I likely miss out? The MDE website confuses the heck out of me and I don't want to mess anything up by doing it myself. I know it's a few weeks off, just looking at options. FWIW- looking at Pop or a Moderate for FD. Currently booked at AOA but willing to switch if it will save money.

Historically the first week of December has been excluded from FD because of that cheer competition (I believe) thing.
It doesn't matter if you book now or later, the availability now will not help you get FD easier since Disney puts aside a select number of rooms for the promotion.

Thank you! I didn't realize that.

The agent said if we book now and want to adjust to work around FD, she will then get to work on applying the promo that morning. She kind of made it sound like we'd be priority over a brand new booking. Might just want commission, then? Is it faster to book myself online?

So I'm looking at my plan in case I don't get FD (I know, I know, don't stone me :crazy2:) I'm wondering if anyone has experience with planning for FD and then paying for those same plans OOP. Did you end up paying less than you would have with the DP? I know some of you are going to say I will have to do the math, and believe me I've tried. I know what I'm asking for and that someone elses experience would be different from my own, but I'm asking it anyway. Just want to know other's experiences.

My daughter and I don't eat much and buffets gross me out. That known, I looked through the AllEars website last night looking at menu prices and pricing out places I liked and foods I liked (typically not the most expensive- I like salads, sandwiches, etc). My husband eats a lot and prefers big meals. After going through lunches and dinners- with no character meals and no snacks- I was coming up around 900$. The dining plan for the 3 of us is 998. So with snacks, and the character meals we will do being on the dining plan, I decided that Yes, the regular do is worth it for us. Crazy how expensive food is!

Newbie here. Is getting up at 4am to book free dining usually necessary? If I want until the next business day (she is off on Sunday's and Mondays) for my TA to do it, would I likely miss out? The MDE website confuses the heck out of me and I don't want to mess anything up by doing it myself. I know it's a few weeks off, just looking at options. FWIW- looking at Pop or a Moderate for FD. Currently booked at AOA but willing to switch if it will save money.
You can always call the reservation number and then transfer your reservation to your agent (just a form you need to fill out).
Booking as soon as FD drops is the best bet if you have specific dates/resort in mind. If you're flexible, you would be fine waiting a day

Thanks @Amunet! We are pretty flexible within a 3 week time frame and I'm open to switching resorts if it will save me money, but not just to move from AOA to a moderate for FD but still pay the same. If that makes sense? AOA was our first choice resort because of the theming and us having little ones. So hoping for Pop and FD within a 3 week time frame of late November/early December.

Thank you! I didn't realize that.

The agent said if we book now and want to adjust to work around FD, she will then get to work on applying the promo that morning. She kind of made it sound like we'd be priority over a brand new booking. Might just want commission, then? Is it faster to book myself online?
I always support TAs. If you book yourself, be sure to transfer it to her (if you want to use a TA). I can't say why your TA said that, perhaps a confirmed booking takes priority for her over just quotes? Either way, do what you feel comfortable doing and if you need that peace of mind to book now, then do it ^_^

Setting aside the FD issue, you are going to face some of the largest crowds of the year if you go over Thanksgiving holiday, as well as higher resort costs right around Thanksgiving. You'd be much better off going first week of December from a crowd perspective. Even if FD isn't offered you might be able to get a room discount.

Can someone explain to what the Bounceback offer is and how it works? We are going in Aug and would love to know more about how to get it for next year? We been to Disney several times over the years and I've never heard of it!
In your room there should be a page in the booklet in your room with what the bb offer is. If not there is a number you dial from your phone in the room and you can ask the,. In the fall it's typicallly FD for the next year. Other times it is discount room rates. You book and pay the 200 deposit. You secure FD and at this years rates instead of next years. I hear you can move the dates if you need to but I am not sure.

I always support TAs. If you book yourself, be sure to transfer it to her (if you want to use a TA). I can't say why your TA said that, perhaps a confirmed booking takes priority for her over just quotes? Either way, do what you feel comfortable doing and if you need that peace of mind to book now, then do it ^_^

Thanks. She's been helpful and I definitely want to give her credit. I'm type A and just forsee myself sitting around internally freaking out because FD dates are released and I'm not doing anything about it. I didn't know you could transfer to a TA-- also good to know!

I hope I'm not joining in too late! We are booked for POFQ Nov.17-23. I've never done the DP. Looking forward to seeing if this might work for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter