******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if I search our dates now for CBR it gives us no availability. I chose a couple of other random dates and I can't get any non-Pirate rooms to come up to book.

Does anyone know exactly what the construction entails...like for example is it on the main building, the rooms or something else. Just want to make sure that I won't be lying in a room listening to hammering on the other side of the wall.

Could they be holding rooms back at CBR for free dining? I was just telling my husband about the gift card. We may book a room if we can get FD and the gift card.

So, if I search our dates now for CBR it gives us no availability. I chose a couple of other random dates and I can't get any non-Pirate rooms to come up to book.
What dates are you looking for? I had originally planned on going mid November or right after Thanksgiving and as of late last week I couldn't get anything besides pirate rooms either. I chose to move to mid Decmeber instead and had no issues.

Could they be holding rooms back at CBR for free dining? I was just telling my husband about the gift card. We may book a room if we can get FD and the gift card.
I am wondering that as well! I have been pricing our trip for a few weeks now and was running numbers on different dates two weeks ago with tons of availability....then since about Friday I haven't been able to get anything but pirate rooms in mid November and right after Thanksgiving!

I am wondering that as well! I have been pricing our trip for a few weeks now and was running numbers on different dates two weeks ago with tons of availability....then since about Friday I haven't been able to get anything but pirate rooms in mid November and right after Thanksgiving!

I have only looked at the end of August right now and that time frame seems to be booked, except pirate rooms.

I think it would be a Disney Miracle to get the gift card and FD....but here's hoping! My guess is that they won't offer FD at CBR.

What dates are you looking for? I had originally planned on going mid November or right after Thanksgiving and as of late last week I couldn't get anything besides pirate rooms either. I chose to move to mid Decmeber instead and had no issues.

Our trip is 11/18-11/25. I randomly checked others and couldn't get anything else either!

Our trip is 11/18-11/25. I randomly checked others and couldn't get anything else either!
Are you really set on those dates or do you have flexibility of when you can go? If you could go before that there is standard room availability at CBR, POFQ and CSR starting November 9.:)

Last edited:
It used to be that everyone said Disney did not hold back rooms for promotions but after last year I'm not too sure. There was limited availability at first but then alot of rooms became available all at once within the following weeks. I don't know if Disney was releasing rooms in waves or people changed what they booked when FD came out and they decided to rerelease all the changed reservation rooms at once.

Today is my 180! ADRs booked, just waiting on the (hopeful) release of FD so that we can lock in flights. We are going regardless of FD, but don't want to book flights just in case we need to adjust dates to get free dining. Can't wait for more release date chatter...

I don't know about timelines, but the rumour is that buildings are also being demolished for DVC. I believe the villages of Martinique and Barbados are affected. Taking out so many buildings will definitely affect availability.

I made my reservations this morning 9/9-23 at ASMu in a family suite.

192 days, so I have to make reservations in 12 days, I hope there's a good rumor about FD dates and restrictions before then! I can adjust the dates about a week in either direction, but I'm hoping to not have to make too many adjustments! Yay!

I generally wait and book around FD but I figure worst case at least at this point I will have $825 in gift cards if we don't get FD. I was worried with the lack of availability at CBR in November that if I didn't book something quick all the standards would fill up once the word of the $75 a night gift card got out ;)
Well I went ahead and booked a week in sept & a week in November on my lunch break - I was able to book a Standard room & had no issue at all getting the rooms - booked 9/1-9/10 & 11/10-11/20. I think we will go in November but if FD isnt offered September will of course be perfectly acceptable. Needed to book so I can scramble & get my ADRs planned.

Hi everyone, joining this thread again this year! Last year I was on here as CandiceF but my kids voted for a name change, LOL! Did everyone notice that CBR is now giving everyone who stays there a $75 gift card per room for every night of your stay. I wonder how this will effect FD at CBR? We chose not to do FD last year because we really want POR and it wasn't available in November but I am joining this thread in case they add POR this year in November.:) I was thinking that POR would probably be excluded in November again but now I am not so sure with the new discount being offered at CBR. That could also sway my family toward CBR if you get FD and a $75.00 per night gift card.:rolleyes:
:wave2: Hi Candice! How was your trip? I'm thinking of booking POP this trip, but would be more than happy to book CBR if they're handing out $75 gift cards. ::yes::

Just checked my dates and looks like only pirate rooms available for now.

Last edited:
I don't know about timelines, but the rumour is that buildings are also being demolished for DVC. I believe the villages of Martinique and Barbados are affected. Taking out so many buildings will definitely affect availability.

After seeing how awful our room was last year at CBR, they need to demolish some of those buildings. I would stay in a pirate room again, since those were more recently refurbished, but the other buildings need major help. It would take a lot more than a $75 gf to get me to stay there again.

After seeing how awful our room was last year at CBR, they need to demolish some of those buildings. I would stay in a pirate room again, since those were more recently refurbished, but the other buildings need major help. It would take a lot more than a $75 gf to get me to stay there again.

That's too bad. I've never stayed there, but I thought the rooms were just refurbished a few years ago.

Yes, you can. I had 2 reservations last year for the same dates and people when I was deciding between moderate and deluxe.

I had mine for much longer than a few days!

If you do this, will you be able to transfer your ADR's from reservation to the other? I'd hate to lose what i booked weeks in advance.

Also, if you booked with a TA, can you do the modifications or would you have to use the TA? Or, do you call and then book a whole new reservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter