******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so much cheaper for us to fly than drive and then we can afford to go more often.:) Last year it cost us under $400 for gas in our SUV for the whole trip! We split it up between 2 days and stayed in 2 hotels on the way up and 2 on the way back. Last year flying out of Buffalo for our family of 5 the cheapest flights I saw was for $1700.:scared: We saved around $600 by driving! I'm lucky my husband doesn't mind driving and the kids think it's fun to see the mountains!
I think I only spent around $120 for gas last year. No way we could fly for that!

:offtopic: I just got a Disney Vacation club flyer in the mail...I was hoping it was a pin code! Oh well! I guess that they see I go every year and are getting sick of giving me free food! Haha. I've crunched the numbers though and DVC just doesn't make sense for us especially if I can keep getting FD! Plus DH considers Disney his "cheap" third child! I'm allowed to keep going back as long as I don't "go for the girl"! lol it's not easy being the only princess but at least I get to go to WDW each year to be with my people! princess:
We got one as well and I hoped it was the same thing! It's like they're teasing us

I JUST LOST MY WATER! Ugh! Have to dip into my vacation fund to replace the water pump....$ 1200.00 of unexpected pleasure! I could get lucky and it may only be the box, but you know how this goes, it's probably the pump. Won't know till tomorrow. I need a little of this: pixiedust:
A few years ago I was notified that I had a water leak about 30 days before our Disney trip :scared:. Sending pixie dust your way!! :wizard:

Just an FYI, since it could affect peoples dates, there are rumors Splash Mountain will be down for refurbishment Aug 28-Nov 16 in preparation for the 50th anniversary! I'm bummed out, but I guess in the big scheme of things, its one of the rides I would be least upset about missing, because I have been on the one at Disneyland many many times.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/splash-mountain-refurb-august-28-november-16-2017.3592241/
That stinks! Our daughter is finally tall enough to ride and this is all she talks about.

Just an FYI, since it could affect peoples dates, there are rumors Splash Mountain will be down for refurbishment Aug 28-Nov 16 in preparation for the 50th anniversary! I'm bummed out, but I guess in the big scheme of things, its one of the rides I would be least upset about missing, because I have been on the one at Disneyland many many times.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/splash-mountain-refurb-august-28-november-16-2017.3592241/
Great, Thunder was down for our trip last year and now Splash this year. :sad2:

I just saw this over on a different disboard!

I just read a rumor that Expedition Everest may also get a refurb to fix the Yeti once Pandora FP+s were all situated. Again, this is a RUMOR, and who knows how long it will take them to be satisfied with Pandora FP+s.

Gosh I honestly hope that's not true! Both Splash and EE! I will be so upset!

I just read a rumor that Expedition Everest may also get a refurb to fix the Yeti once Pandora FP+s were all situated.

I heard the Yeti may never get fixed. Something about the load the footings for the Yeti would be bearing were underestimated and it would be a major reconstruction, like tearing the mountain apart to get down to the main footings.

Our 180 day Mark is next week. I'm really hoping for free dining but after I make those reservations I'm not going to be horribly excited to change dates. We are currently booked at POR September 23-29. I'm hoping I can just change resorts if necessary and not dates. Does anyone know if the room rate discounts that are released at the same time as FD usually exclude POR also.

Our 180 day Mark is next week. I'm really hoping for free dining but after I make those reservations I'm not going to be horribly excited to change dates. We are currently booked at POR September 23-29. I'm hoping I can just change resorts if necessary and not dates. Does anyone know if the room rate discounts that are released at the same time as FD usually exclude POR also.

I have taken advantage of room discount at POR for the last few years, because FD was not offered there during our dates.

It's confirmed. There's a thread about it on the Theme Parks board. I believe the start date is August 28th, and it goes on until November? Don't quote me on that one.

Your talking about the ride refurb not FD right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter