Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

Am I just having bad memory, or are there a lot of corrals for the 10k this year? I don't remember it ever going up to J for Disneyland races.

Am I just having bad memory, or are there a lot of corrals for the 10k this year? I don't remember it ever going up to J for Disneyland races.
Think there are more corrals in the 5k too. 5k goes up to E. Before i don't think people lined up to the parking lot. I think it went up to C. Maybe another move to get people off the course faster... less people in corrals... more room to run. I have a feeling they will start pulling characters off the course earlier as the back corrals will get off the course faster when they don't have characters to stop for.

Last edited:
IMG_0556.JPG

Looks like they are going to be honoring legacies for the Double Dare. Happy about that.

Not long to go now! Hopefully the guide and courses being released means we should get waivers and corrals soon. Exciting!

I think this 10K course looks fun... I liked running down to the Convention center on the old course but getting to stay pretty much totally on Disney property will be nice, plus it will be awesome to run in some areas of the park and backstage that I haven't had the chance too... My one concern was that first 2 miles outside of the park helped break-up the large group of people on the old course, the first 1/2 mile was packed... So I think that is why as Davidg83 and Warm Hugs pointed out more corrals will mean less people in each so hopefully it won't be horribly crowded as you enter the park and some of the smaller pathways.

Click the Virtual Bag ... this isn't the final/finished Event Guide.

Those corral maps for the 10K and Half are exactly the same ... there's no way that corral structure is needed for the 10K.

Waivers are up (sorta)! Link doesn't work (you get privacy error). But soon hopefully.
The corral link for half and double dare is working though.. so for those two, you can see what corral based on the proof of time you submitted. I can't tell if the corrals are smaller. however, with this many in the 10k, i imagine the 10k corrals will be smaller

Click the Virtual Bag ... this isn't the final/finished Event Guide.

Those corral maps for the 10K and Half are exactly the same ... there's no way that corral structure is needed for the 10K.

Well it's up officially on the website now so I'm inclined to think that the corrals are official.

Here's the links to the Double Dare & Half corral charts from the official site. Everything has links on the official page under Runner Info.
https://secure.parksandresorts.wdpr...Half_Corral_Assignments_Double_Dare_FINAL.pdf
https://secure.parksandresorts.wdpr...landHalf_Corral_Assignments_Half_Marathon.pdf

Thanks! Just printed my waiver. Finally made it to Corral A!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter