• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2017 D23 Expo Thread

So what do people think this immersive experience is going to be? Think it will start from the morning they wake up until the end of the second day? Will they make People all check in at the same time? Will there be downtime? What happens if someone gets sick during their stay, will it ruin the experience for the rest of the group?
If anyone has any experience with immersion hotels, I'm curious to hear about what you think it might be like.

The closest thing I can think of is one of those murder mystery parties where there are a ton of actors and all the guests have to play a role and try to figure out what is going on

I can see it running similar to a cruise ship - where people arive within a few hours of each other and there is a "navigator" of activities and events and everyone will eat together and there will be performances, etc.

i think it will start as a 2 night thing where part of the middle day is spent in the park in Galaxy's Edge and how you perform there and interact with CM and droids there will impact how the rest of your stay goes

Nor would anyone else in a place that hits 80 probably (guess) 310 days a year and can hit 90 half of those with constant high humidity.
Thru 2010 (latest dataset available from NOAA), the normal daily maximum temperature in Orlando is 80 or higher on 222 days per year (3/31-11/7).

The normal daily maximum temperature is 90 degrees or higher for 106 days (5/30-9/12).

Last edited:
It bears repeating:

Vietnam is as hot and humid and usually hotter and more humid than Orlando, Florida.

The company Disney is rumored to be working with built that very popular air tram without air conditioning and it works just fine. It won't be for everyone, but there will still be buses. These will be very short rides.

Besides, nothing is confirmed yet. I don't understand why everyone is worked up. I hope they continue to add transportation options; they're going to need it.

not sure if it is the same company - but I went on one in Hong Kong (also pretty hot and humid) and there was no AC and they were fine to be in

They also had glass floors, which would be interesting at WDW

Thru 2010 (latest dataset available from NOAA), the normal daily maximum temperature in Orlando is 80 or higher on 222 days per year (3/31-11/7).

The normal daily maximum temperature is 90 degrees or higher for 106 days (5/30-9/12).

I took a shot...came in high.

The benevolent people of Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, et al are cool with no AC then...no doubt ;)

A google search of Dopplemayr, gondolas and air-conditioning seems to show that they have built one system with air-conditioning. It's at the Wynn Palace in Macau.

So it's possible... for the right amount of money...

A google search of Dopplemayr, gondolas and air-conditioning seems to show that they have built one system with air-conditioning. It's at the Wynn Palace in Macau.

So it's possible... for the right amount of money...
dopplemayr-macau.jpg
Seats six people, which is fewer than the rumored ten. They also charge per ride at Macau, so I imagine it was pricey to build. We'll surely have some answers soon!

We were at WDW for 10 days which included July 4th. Just to play devil's advocate I'll say this about park hours: we never had problems accomplishing what we expected during the operating day. Most of our park visits started around 4-5pm and stretched into the evening. We would burn through our scheduled FastPass allotment as quickly as possible and then start adding extras one after the other. As soon as we touched our MagicBands to redeem one FP, I was on my phone booking the next one. And the return times were typically 10-15 minutes away so it lead to seamless park touring; get off one ride and immediately hop into the FastPass line for the next.

Is this because attendance is down? Is it because DAK is successfully drawing guests those late hours? Is it because other guests just aren't as FP+ savvy as we are? Honestly I dunno--I'm sure all factors played a role. At times we certainly benefitted from thousands of people who were waiting for fireworks rather than attraction hopping. Overall the parks WERE quite crowded most days, IMO.

I was disappointed to see 10pm closing times many nights for MK in the middle of the summer, especially staying at a monorail resort. But it really didn't impact our trip. We were done before then anyway.
Oh but you should have seen the thread where people basically had pitchforks out for July hrs at MK being "much shorter than years past" because for them they absolutely needed those later hrs to do park touring due to heat, personal preference, etc.

Agreed that it certaintly didn't seem to impact your trip but for a decent number of peeps it made them upset especially as they were paying peak prices and saw shorter closing hrs for MK. As far as FP savy I would say a healthy amount know decent to wide knowledge of the FP system. I'm not sure if going from ride to ride was their goal or more for enjoying the park touring without the sun/heat aspect.

I'm uncomfortable with heights under certain circumstances and uncomfortable with enclosed spaces under others. Then this thing breaks down and has no a/c? Yes, I will stay far away!

This is an off the map rant.

Stop defending disney...they aren't interested in you defending them and you should take what is a legitimate observation about "after hours magic" and not get personally offended.

Discussing the appropriateness or inappropriateness of an upsell shouldnt get your Mickey ears in a twist.

The magic kingdom attendance has increased by 25% on the aggregate in the last 10-15 years. Longer hours is a logical adjustment. Shorter hours and a resell at night is a scheme. That's what that is. Pay for it or don't...up to you...but don't deny the truth.

Regardless the value of a ticket would have gone down were prices fixed at 2007 numbers. But if course prices have gone up DRASTICALLY. In effect now paying much more for much less.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter