Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

How long did it take for each race to sell out during registration? I need to book myself in the Challege and my daughter in the 10k this year. We also have another mother/daughter team doing the 10k.
The 10Ks always go really quickly. It's a popular distance, and a lot of the bibs are already going to challenge runners - if there are, say, 12,000 total spots in the 10K, about 7,000 of them go to challenge runners. So there are really only 5,000ish bibs for 10K-only runners.
Also, can I book my daughter (10 years old) and myself at the same time or do I have to go through two different transactions?
As I understand it, it'll be two different transactions, but you'll need to actually book her under your Active.com account. When you log into your account, there will be an option for signing yourself up or someone under the age of 18. So you won't need to log out of your account and she won't need her own account until she is 18.

How long did it take for each race to sell out during registration? I need to book myself in the Challege and my daughter in the 10k this year. We also have another mother/daughter team doing the 10k.

Also, can I book my daughter (10 years old) and myself at the same time or do I have to go through two different transactions?

FYI I went back and read all the posts from registration day last year, but I didn't see any times attached to the posts.

10k was finally listed as SOLD OUT about an hour after registration opened, and Challenge was SOLD OUT after almost two hours. That being said, the Challenge went ON HOLD the first time after about only 14 minutes and the 10k went ON HOLD after about 37 minutes. They both opened up again off and on if I remember correctly.

BTW, if you hover the cursor over the date, you will see the time.

Thank you so much! That's what I needed to know. I will be online right at 12:00 because my daughter wants to race even if her friends family doesn't. But I wanted to know the times in case the other family does decide to go... They are not as timely.

And thank you for the info on how to get the time.

I just received "page not found" when I clicked these. Already sold out??

ETA: They came up when I just searched "kessel run".

Am I the only one slightly annoyed that ANYONE can just get these?! I know that was the same at the Expo. I guess I still think it should have been a shirt received by those who ran both races -- the same way you get "challenge" shirts when you run those.

I just received "page not found" when I clicked these. Already sold out??

ETA: They came up when I just searched "kessel run".

Am I the only one slightly annoyed that ANYONE can just get these?! I know that was the same at the Expo. I guess I still think it should have been a shirt received by those who ran both races -- the same way you get "challenge" shirts when you run those.

Yeah, my preference would have been to make this a 'challenge' shirt, but since anyone was able to buy it at the Expo (and clearly they did), I really don't mind as long as I can get one. :confused3

Yeah, my preference would have been to make this a 'challenge' shirt, but since anyone was able to buy it at the Expo (and clearly they did), I really don't mind as long as I can get one. :confused3
Agreed -- what's done is done. I think they should fix that next time.

Thanks so much for the head's up. I just ordered mine.

The only two items I wanted from the Expo were the Kessel Run pin and a Kessel Run shirt. Neither were available. Now, I've been able to get both at the Disney Store after the fact. Not crazy about paying the shipping and not getting my AP discount but happy to have both.

Agreed -- what's done is done. I think they should fix that next time.

I don't think there's anything to really "fix" for next time. The Kessel Run is a variant of the Coast to Coast challenge/medal. They have never included shirts in the package for the Coast to Coast finishers, to the best of my knowledge. It would be nice to have the option to pre-purchase Coast to Coast/Kessel shirts in the future, perhaps, but it's not something that was done incorrectly or inconsistently this time around.

I don't think there's anything to really "fix" for next time. The Kessel Run is a variant of the Coast to Coast challenge/medal. They have never included shirts in the package for the Coast to Coast finishers, to the best of my knowledge. It would be nice to have the option to pre-purchase Coast to Coast/Kessel shirts in the future, perhaps, but it's not something that was done incorrectly or inconsistently this time around.
I never said this was inconsistent. I don't think it's the right way to handle it. That's all -- my opinion. :)

Thanks so much for the head's up. I just ordered mine.

The only two items I wanted from the Expo were the Kessel Run pin and a Kessel Run shirt. Neither were available. Now, I've been able to get both at the Disney Store after the fact. Not crazy about paying the shipping and not getting my AP discount but happy to have both.
Could you please tell me if the shirt is black or grey? Hard to tell from the pic on my phone & they were long gone before I got to the expo!
TIA!

Could you please tell me if the shirt is black or grey? Hard to tell from the pic on my phone & they were long gone before I got to the expo!
TIA!
It's black-ish... Hard to describe... It's almost heathered with some gray, if that makes sense. It's tech material. My sister and I really like ours from the expo. :)

It's black-ish... Hard to describe... It's almost heathered with some gray, if that makes sense. It's tech material. My sister and I really like ours from the expo. :)
Thank you!! Just placed my order - still seems crazy that the 2 sold out items I wanted at the expo are showing up in the store...but I'm not complaining.

There's also a discount code & free shipping for anyone else that's interested!
Thanks again!!

Question about the Dark Side 5k. My 14 year old son will be running - he knows there are finisher medals for everyone, but no "place" winners (more of a fun run). Our question is, does anyone run this as a race (not stopping for pictures, etc)? He is not really into character meetings, but is just excited to run through the world showcase (his favorite part of Disney).

Question about the Dark Side 5k. My 14 year old son will be running - he knows there are finisher medals for everyone, but no "place" winners (more of a fun run). Our question is, does anyone run this as a race (not stopping for pictures, etc)? He is not really into character meetings, but is just excited to run through the world showcase (his favorite part of Disney).
I'm the same way, I don't normally stop for characters. I just love running at Disney and seeing the characters. It's his race so if he wants to race it I would say go for it :)

I just realized this was on last year's thread. Here is the one for 2017 if you would like to join in
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-dark-side-2017.3516187/page-87#post-57336430

Oh good Lord, mom brain is kicking in! I even saw that 2016 dates and wondered why the posts were so old LOL. Thanks for the new link and sorry in advance that you will see this question twice!

Transportation question... After the race will we be able to monorail back from Epcot to TTC?

Also, will people who want to catch runners after finish be able to get into Epcot parking lot or will it be blocked off?

Thanks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter