Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

I'll post the backdoor link later tonight for those needing to register tomorrow! My crew needs to grab one more DDD registration and a 10K, so I'll be ready to jump on right at Noon EST to get those registrations.

It looks like I have to skip this one :(. I'm not a happy camper about it (like I was crying over it last night). This was supposed to be my "big" 30th birthday trip (if a 3-4 day trip can be considered "big"), with my first half marathon as a special treat in the middle. But I think I need to be responsible right now, and that means taking a Disney break for the foreseeable future.

I mean ... this could all change by tomorrow morning. And if my situation changes soon (or I win the lottery), you can bet the first thing I do will be looking for a travel provider with bibs. But for right now, I have to skip this weekend.

It looks like I have to skip this one :(. I'm not a happy camper about it (like I was crying over it last night). This was supposed to be my "big" 30th birthday trip (if a 3-4 day trip can be considered "big"), with my first half marathon as a special treat in the middle. But I think I need to be responsible right now, and that means taking a Disney break for the foreseeable future.

I mean ... this could all change by tomorrow morning. And if my situation changes soon (or I win the lottery), you can bet the first thing I do will be looking for a travel provider with bibs. But for right now, I have to skip this weekend.
Maybe planning to do the WDW Dopey for your 40 will make things better...:D

That's unfortunate. I hope you situation does change and you do get back to Disney in some way or another.

Ugh. Being an adult stinks sometimes. I hope things change for you soon!

I'll post the backdoor link later tonight for those needing to register tomorrow! My crew needs to grab one more DDD registration and a 10K, so I'll be ready to jump on right at Noon EST to get those registrations.

I'll be waiting! One of my sisters, the one who was planning to run, isn't so sure she wants to do it now. So I'll try registering the old-fashioned way tomorrow. :)

So excited, we decided to take the plunge and book two nights at Disneyland Resort hotel. Magical Enchanted Vacations just got their pricing for Disneyland Resort hotel and they sent us the email and we realized we really wanted it! It is worth it to be right there where all the run stuff is for the first time :) I figure I can eat out less and then save that money for the hotel and besides it is easier to eat healthy not eating out.

Last edited:
We have a deposit down on a hotel on property ... I keep going back and forth on whether I want to spend that money, or put it towards dinner again at Napa Rose's Chef Counter, or use it for the following week in Hawaii.

I'm staying at Paradise Pier for my girl trip/Tinkerbell race weekend trip, so I'm hoping that will be what I need to decide whether to do the whole on-property thing or whether to keep with the Marriott property we stayed at last year, and where our traveling friends will be staying again this year.

Sorry to hear this! I'm doing something similar for my 30th in April (flying from LA to WDW for the Star Wars Dark Side Half)... A 3-4 day trip can definitely be considered big if you have a big reason ;). Hope things change for the better! I used to live in NYC and I can't imagine the cold is lifting your spirits any. Sending good vibes over to you from the west coast!
:goofy:

Hey everyone,

I was looking at the Disney Store site and just saw these posted:

Says they're only available through Feb 10.. anyone planning on grabbing one of these? I'm tempted!

Hey everyone,

Says they're only available through Feb 10.. anyone planning on grabbing one of these? I'm tempted!

Hmm, I may, I like they have it in womans size and it is not made out of cotton. The Aladdin and genie theme for 10k looks so cute. Also I am happy we did not sign up for the 5k, I do not think that logo and color is nice, it is ugly to me.

Hmm, I may, I like they have it in womans size and it is not made out of cotton. The Aladdin and genie theme for 10k looks so cute. Also I am happy we did not sign up for the 5k, I do not think that logo and color is nice, it is ugly to me.

Yeah I agree. The 10k one is so cute! I like the one for the half; can't say that yellow is really my color but at least it's not as bad as the 5k one. I do like that they kind of have a retro vibe. I'm already excited and it's 7 months away!

Any word on the link? Hoping to get a DDD registration for my Wife!

Hey everyone,

I actually like the yellow one better than the DDD! Of course I am wearing a similar shirt in my profile.

If I manage to get my registration, I will celebrate and buy one. I mean, what is a few more $$$? :)

Last edited:
OK - here's the link I've found for registration ... like with other links, take this with a grain of salt and keep RunDisney open up in a second window:

http://www.active.com/anaheim-ca/ru...g-races/disneyland-half-marathon-weekend-2016

Good luck to everyone attempting registration today! Remember these tips:
1. Have your account on Active.com set-up AND logged in prior to 12:00 p.m. EST! ALL ADULTS must have their own Active.com account - you cannot register another adult unless you have their Active.com login information.
2. Have your credit card information in a Word/Notepad document so you can copy & paste it to complete registration. This is key if you have to purchase multiple registrations and will speed up the process.
3. You have 15 minutes once you pick the race you'll be signing up to complete your registration.

I expect registration to sell out in this order:

10k/DDD > 5K > Kids Races > Half

In the event a race sells out, don't stress! Travel Providers are offering race bibs with no hotel or park ticket required. The mark-up is slight - less than $20 per bib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter