Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

No thread for the 2017 races?

Anyway...early registration for AP/DVC opens tomorrow (!!) for this one at noon EST.
I thought that was strange and that maybe I just missed seeing it. I am on the fence for this one. I had a blast this past year but it was still open in June and cheaper than opening day through a TA who also dropped the ticket requirement so if I do decide to do it I am going to wait. I'm also debating on doing RnR Dublin instead.

I thought that was strange and that maybe I just missed seeing it. I am on the fence for this one. I had a blast this past year but it was still open in June and cheaper than opening day through a TA who also dropped the ticket requirement so if I do decide to do it I am going to wait. I'm also debating on doing RnR Dublin instead.
Like Dublin, Ireland?! No-brainer, in my opinion! :hmghost: (Let's pretend that's a leprechaun and not a hitchhiking ghost!)

it was still open in June and cheaper than opening day through a TA who also dropped the ticket requirement so if I do decide to do it I am going to wait.
So, was the challenge still open with the TA or just one of the single races? I do think with registration as early as it is the races will not sell out for a while. Especially having to sign up so soon before Christmas which isn't exactly the best time lay down an extra three hundred dollars!

So, was the challenge still open with the TA or just one of the single races? I do think with registration as early as it is the races will not sell out for a while. Especially having to sign up so soon before Christmas which isn't exactly the best time lay down an extra three hundred dollars!

I signed up for the challenge on the last day TAs could sell bibs this year. I only asked about DDD (which was sold at a slightly discounted price), so I'm not sure if they had individual 5/10/half bibs still available. They dropped the ticket requirement, but the price they quoted was cheaper than the other discount websites so I went with them anyway for park tickets.

I was able to get challenge bib and I believe the half was still open on the runDisney website up until the expo opened. I think they are trying to get people to buy the registrations for gifts and that's why it is so early this year.

It took about two months for the 5K to sell out (10K and Kids Races sold out immediately), and then four or five months for the Challenge to sell out via RD, but the half never sold out and many TAs were offering the races at a discount.

I plan on a race this weekend, but I haven't decided between half or Challenge. I will not be registering tomorrow.

Rundisney email came out today and it looks like maybe Lion King is part of the theme in some way. Also the Dumbo has been removed from the name of the challenge (at least in this email.)
49AuvOI9A7H75PXzmSa3aJop8LGnTH0B3tS6mc-cuJWY79wTcWqGSZATxQfawbrdFYJPtjrmQkeD8IwB9QrjU3BbMPpq8eBDPT1n9IHniY0bkhIR-9mrpNDgJ1e_5SE42wcLwW64zJzmfYHM8kkgpPI_SxkQhDGt4M9n8NmIkEs=s0-d-e1-ft

Does anyone have a link to the AP version of the RunDisney page? I can't seem to find it to log in. On the email it makes it sound like registration opened today. Sorry, I can't do a screenshot but this is the wording towards the bottom of the email (bolding is mine).

*Denotes entry fee price when registration opens on 12/08/16. Entry fees for runDisney Events are non-refundable and all race entries are non-transferable between individuals, between event weekends and to events that have reached capacity.

Rundisney email came out today and it looks like maybe Lion King is part of the theme in some way. Also the Dumbo has been removed from the name of the challenge (at least in this email.)
49AuvOI9A7H75PXzmSa3aJop8LGnTH0B3tS6mc-cuJWY79wTcWqGSZATxQfawbrdFYJPtjrmQkeD8IwB9QrjU3BbMPpq8eBDPT1n9IHniY0bkhIR-9mrpNDgJ1e_5SE42wcLwW64zJzmfYHM8kkgpPI_SxkQhDGt4M9n8NmIkEs=s0-d-e1-ft
Interesting! Lion King is not my favorite Disney movie (which I know can get my shunned in some circles! I don't dislike it, I just liked the other ones that came out during that "Disney animation renaissance period" much more), so the theme alone doesn't excite me too much, but maybe this race will change my mind?

I said this in the 2017 thread, but don't bank on Lion King being the theme. I've seen similar ads (in Runner's World) for the races and they just seem to use randomly disney characters. For example, a Princess ad had Aladdin and Jasmine, but Jasmine has never been the theme.

Not saying it's definitely NOT Lion King, but it's not a guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!