Official 2015 Quick Service Meal Substitutions *Post Here*

I hope you had free dining!! Some of your subs were a poor value for the QS meal as well. You could get the same OOP for less than the QS credit cost you.

We did have free dining, and it was a better savings than the room discount (which we couldn't use for most of our trip due to Thanksgiving) gave us. We have had the DxDDP twice before and we never had left over credits, so this was a shock to us! We did have meals to cover the 4 TS, and about 8 of the QS, and snacks were easy to use for the kids, but we found that we end up sharing a lot of our QS meals because we aren't hungry. I guess when we did the DxDDP we at TS a lot more.

Quick service credits on the quick service plan or the regular plan are all the same. They are not separated adult or child.

Deluxe credits are all the same. They are not separated adult and child. They are also not separated into TS or QS credits. All deluxe credits are interchangeable.

Regular dining TS credits ARE separated by adult and child. You cannot use a children's TS credit on the regular dining plan for anything but a meal from the children's menu.

This is all excellent information. I just recently joined this site, but am in the process of planning my 10th WDW trip (plus 1 day at Disneyland Paris!). This is the first time I will be travelling solely with my husband and our two kids (4 and 7) and not with any extended family. My husband is not a planner and I LOVE planning. We're not going until next September and I'm already neurotically figuring out ADR even though we don't book until March 28th :)

One question I have is regarding typical portion sizes on children's QS meals. My kids never eat a lot in one sitting, but tend to get hungry again quickly. I remember when we went before (March 2013) the adult portion sizes were mostly huge, but have no recollection of the kids meals as my daughter was only 3 and our son was just turning 1. In theory, could my kids share a QS meal and then we could save some of our QS credits for snacks at F&W? I don't know for sure yet that F&W will be taking place when we are there, but historically, it looks likely. We'll be there the last week of September.

Thanks!
Andrea

This is all excellent information. I just recently joined this site, but am in the process of planning my 10th WDW trip (plus 1 day at Disneyland Paris!). This is the first time I will be travelling solely with my husband and our two kids (4 and 7) and not with any extended family. My husband is not a planner and I LOVE planning. We're not going until next September and I'm already neurotically figuring out ADR even though we don't book until March 28th :)

One question I have is regarding typical portion sizes on children's QS meals. My kids never eat a lot in one sitting, but tend to get hungry again quickly. I remember when we went before (March 2013) the adult portion sizes were mostly huge, but have no recollection of the kids meals as my daughter was only 3 and our son was just turning 1. In theory, could my kids share a QS meal and then we could save some of our QS credits for snacks at F&W? I don't know for sure yet that F&W will be taking place when we are there, but historically, it looks likely. We'll be there the last week of September.

Thanks!
Andrea

While they probably could share a QS meal, it's the get hungry again quickly that will mess with that. Will you just use snacks to tide them over to the next meal or will they need another meal to share? The kid's QS meals are pretty small, but pretty much in line with a McDonald's kid's meal. Can they share one at McD's and be satisfied?

While they probably could share a QS meal, it's the get hungry again quickly that will mess with that. Will you just use snacks to tide them over to the next meal or will they need another meal to share? The kid's QS meals are pretty small, but pretty much in line with a McDonald's kid's meal. Can they share one at McD's and be satisfied?

Hmm...they probably won't be able to share then! Although, maybe an option would be to have them share one meal, but then have me or my husband swap out a dessert or drink (or both) for extra sides/snacks. They are pretty good about eating healthy(ish) snacks most of the time but I know they will see all of the ice cream and other crap and want to eat that instead, haha. Maybe if I can get some healthy sides in them along with their meal, they won't want ice cream every 5 seconds. Thanks for the advice!

To add to to the "you can't sub at WPE" info, I was getting my order to go, and they wouldn't even let me sub the fountain drink and get a bottle of water....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter