Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

Awesome - thanks!

Now my next question is this: how much lag time is there (generally) between releasing corrals for the half? When I did the DL 10k it seemed like a relatively short delay between corrals (maybe 5-7 minutes?).

I think it's even shorter than that. I can't find it in print but I think they said they now have more (smaller) corrals that start closer together. Anyone else remember hearing this? :confused3

I feel like it's more like 2-3 minutes apart for the earlier corrals, and the later corrals are more like 5 minutes apart.

Alright, anyone figured out the corral link yet?! :rotfl2: Curious to see if they change up how they assign Dopey corrals this year.

So last year (2014) I ran only the full marathon. I entered a half time of 2:13 for my proof of time. That got me in corral H for the full.

This year I decided to run Goofy and entered the same half time for my proof of time. Based on Goofy numbers last year, I would be in K this year for both races. Assuming the distribution ends up being the same, I am not overly pleased with this.

While the K placement is probably correct for the full, I should probably be in E or F for the half. I base this off the fact that my wife entered a proof of time for the half this year of 2:10. Based on last year, she would be in corral E. Once again, assuming the distribution is near the same this year, there is no way a 3 minute difference would drop me from E to K for a half.

I really wish RunDisney would seed correctly for both races. What it looks like they have done is put you in the slower corral for both races.

So last year (2014) I ran only the full marathon. I entered a half time of 2:13 for my proof of time. That got me in corral H for the full.

This year I decided to run Goofy and entered the same half time for my proof of time. Based on Goofy numbers last year, I would be in K this year for both races. Assuming the distribution ends up being the same, I am not overly pleased with this.

While the K placement is probably correct for the full, I should probably be in E or F for the half. I base this off the fact that my wife entered a proof of time for the half this year of 2:10. Based on last year, she would be in corral E. Once again, assuming the distribution is near the same this year, there is no way a 3 minute difference would drop me from E to K for a half.

I really wish RunDisney would seed correctly for both races. What it looks like they have done is put you in the slower corral for both races.

If it makes you feel better, I put in a time of 2:30 and it looks like I'll be Corral I, so that sounds about right. I signed up for the 2:30 Clif Bar pace team so hopefully that puts me in the right corral!

I submitted a faster half proof this year and I am still in K (according to the old corrals) but just barely! I am only about 30 bibs away from L. :scared:

I'm not too worried about where I start for the half because I plan on going slow anyway

Similar. I forget what I submitted but with last year's numbers I'm in I for Dopey. I think that's right for the marathon (~4:30 finish time) but for the half I should be more like 2 - 2:15...corral F I guess.
ETA: I submitted a 10-miler time that I also used for Wine & Dine. For that race I was corralled to E (the "<2:15" corral). So F seems right for the WDW Half based on last year's corrals.

I know there were a lot of complaints last year about how they seeded Dopey runners in particular, so I'm curious to see what, if anything, they change this year.

Also wondering exactly how many Goofy runners there really are since they had so much trouble selling the spots and did the Goofy Giveback...that's going to skew the numbers a bit. :confused3

Looks like everything is posted on the Runner Info tab on RunDisney.com! Event Guide and Corral Assignments are up. Feels early but I'm excited!

Looks like everything is posted on the Runner Info tab on RunDisney.com! Event Guide and Corral Assignments are up. Feels early but I'm excited!

Based on all the info, it looks like my Goofy placement is corral J. While this placement is fine for the marathon, I am seeded really bad for the half. For the half, J is outside the 2:30 group, and I can easily finish a half in less than 2:15.

As I posted earlier, my wife submitted a 2:10 proof for just the half. She is in corral F for the half. With my 2:13 proof of time, I would think I would be in corral G at worst.

Not real pleased with my seeding for the half. While I have never been one t corral jump.

It sure is, thanks for letting us know!

I signed up a couple days after the Proof of Time deadline so I was really worried I would be stuck in the last corral...the Running Gods smiled on me though and I'm in Corral A woot woot :cool1:

Hope everyone else gets the corral they were hoping for!

While runners doing Goofy or Dopey might still seek to throw down a fast time for their halves, I think it's somewhat understandable that runDisney discounts submitted times for running 39.3-48.6 miles since most runners are going to be slower for one or both the half and full in order to get through each of them. Not knowing who's going to blaze the half and suffer the full, or vice versa, they seem to "average it out" and scoot everyone back for both races.

So while it doesn't fit what many of the participants "could do for a half", it kind of does fit what the majority of participants can (maybe even "should") do for a half combined with a full the next day. And with so many corrals, while the letter difference may seem large, the difference in pacing isn't so significant between them that it should seriously affect running plans.

Based on all the info, it looks like my Goofy placement is corral J. While this placement is fine for the marathon, I am seeded really bad for the half. For the half, J is outside the 2:30 group, and I can easily finish a half in less than 2:15.

As I posted earlier, my wife submitted a 2:10 proof for just the half. She is in corral F for the half. With my 2:13 proof of time, I would think I would be in corral G at worst.

Not real pleased with my seeding for the half. While I have never been one t corral jump.
Are you and your wife planning to run the half together? If so she can just drop back and run from J.
Last year I ran Goofy and even though my Proof of Time was over 15 minutes faster than my friend's (she was just running the half), she was two corrals ahead of me. That's just the way it is for Goofy (and Dopey) unfortunately.

Corral G! :cool1: Last year I started in corral P, so anything would have been an improvement. I am actually beyond thrilled with G, and I'm already dreaming about short(er) lines at character stops. Now I just have to work on making my injuries disappear...

While runners doing Goofy or Dopey might still seek to throw down a fast time for their halves, I think it's somewhat understandable that runDisney discounts submitted times for running 39.3-48.6 miles since most runners are going to be slower for one or both the half and full in order to get through each of them. Not knowing who's going to blaze the half and suffer the full, or vice versa, they seem to "average it out" and scoot everyone back for both races.

So while it doesn't fit what many of the participants "could do for a half", it kind of does fit what the majority of participants can (maybe even "should") do for a half combined with a full the next day. And with so many corrals, while the letter difference may seem large, the difference in pacing isn't so significant between them that it should seriously affect running plans.

I agree completely. And even if I was just doing the half or full by itself, I know I wouldn't be running at my absolute best. I busted by *** for my half PR that I use to submit for proof of time, but I know I'm not going to do that in Disney. I know I won't get swept so who cares?

Anyone else having trouble view the Dopey and Half links?

All of the links weren't working for me initially, but they've all come around and worked now. Not sure if they tweaked something or if something, but maybe just keep trying; they are there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter