Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

You'll want something light weight, not so poofy that it touches your arms and really shouldn't touch any bare skin anywhere to avoid chafing. I'd pin it to my shorts at the waist too to avoid any twisting or moving around too much. If you are weary of a tutu, Look up Team Sparkle....great, super comfy alternative that is just as festive as a traditional tutu. You can wear your own shorts/capris/tights underneath and you don't even know its there. They are usually at the Expo too.

Thanks so much for the info!

I order all of my iron ons from Miss Morgan Designs...she has a website as well as an Etsy store. She does adorable designs....the wings are not on her sites, they were a custom request. So you'd have to contact her about it and find out if she could get them done in time for you. It might be possible since the holidays are over and she may not be quite as busy. She has tons of Disney designs...I order from her a lot just to make t shirts when we go on vacation to Disney too.

Thanks for posting the info. I LOVE her site and boy I think I could get into a lot of trouble and go really overboard.

How is her turn around time ?? We're running out of time to get something for the family for Tink but I would love to get something done before Princess.

VickiHD said:
Thanks for posting the info. I LOVE her site and boy I think I could get into a lot of trouble and go really overboard.

How is her turn around time ?? We're running out of time to get something for the family for Tink but I would love to get something done before Princess.

You should have plenty of time to get something for PHM for sure. I ordered from her on 12/12, several designs, 3 of which were custom that we had previously emailed about and I received that order on Thursday of this week. Normally I think I would have had it sooner, but it was a really busy time for her, and I think I had mentioned to her that I didn't need them until January anyway. If you are ordering from her site, non custom, I don't think you'd have any trouble getting it in time. I'd recommend contacting her to be sure though. She has a FB page too...you could like her and ask her a question there too. A lot of times she will post specials, new designs, and turnaround times there when she's really busy...and also times when she'll be on vacation, so that's helpful to know. Good luck! I can never restrain myself on her site!

Got through 8 miles today...1+ minute per mile faster than last week, so I'm happy about that. Still no where near where I could've been but, it's under the minimum pace, so I'll take it. BF started his taper this week in prep for his full in a couple of weeks...boy was he happy! We were lucky and were able to snag a couple of last minute massages a few hours after we finished our runs....felt sooooo nice :). Hope everyone has good runs this weekend....we're so close!!!!

Got through 8 miles today...1+ minute per mile faster than last week, so I'm happy about that. Still no where near where I could've been but, it's under the minimum pace, so I'll take it. BF started his taper this week in prep for his full in a couple of weeks...boy was he happy! We were lucky and were able to snag a couple of last minute massages a few hours after we finished our runs....felt sooooo nice :). Hope everyone has good runs this weekend....we're so close!!!!

Good for you !!!! I bet you will surprise yourself at your finishers time for Tink.

I have not put in any miles for over a week now--too much holiday stuff going on. But we are going to hit the track tomorrow for 13 miles. I've got to start preparing mentally for this now.
I think I will also start packing this weekend since time is flying by.

Yay! This gives me hope. I just caught a bug this weekend and I am scared to shake it in time and get back to my pace I was at. I've been slacking a little too with my long runs. I should be at 10 miles, but I've only gotten to 7. Definitely not as run down though from what you ended up getting a few weeks ago! I think it's just a head cold mostly that's moving into my chest. But awesome job on your training! :worship::thumbsup2

Wow! Folks are getting chatty here! I have been traveling and not very attentive here.

My ankle is pretty well healed and I did a 5k on 12/15 with a time consistent with my pre-injury time. I was happy to be "back". By 12/18, however, I developed a pinched nerve in my leg. So, I haven't been able to run at all. I am not going to stress about it. Pretty sure I will be able to get to the start if I keep resting my leg.

I am not sure about the meet for Friday since my husband has decided to join me for the trip. I will check with him and let you know.

Can't believe so soon. Terrified of getting swept but I'm going to do my very best. Does anyone have specifics on that

Did 13.2 miles today at the track !!:cool1:

Why is it the last couple of miles are always the hardest ??? I'm just glad it's done.

3 weeks to go now !!!

I know somewhere (maybe this is a sign of belonging to many groups/threads) that someone mentioned a great place to get Italian I think in Long Beach, what's the name of that place?

Wow! Folks are getting chatty here! I have been traveling and not very attentive here.

My ankle is pretty well healed and I did a 5k on 12/15 with a time consistent with my pre-injury time. I was happy to be "back". By 12/18, however, I developed a pinched nerve in my leg. So, I haven't been able to run at all. I am not going to stress about it. Pretty sure I will be able to get to the start if I keep resting my leg.

I am not sure about the meet for Friday since my husband has decided to join me for the trip. I will check with him and let you know.

Great, hope you can join us!

Yay! This gives me hope. I just caught a bug this weekend and I am scared to shake it in time and get back to my pace I was at. I've been slacking a little too with my long runs. I should be at 10 miles, but I've only gotten to 7. Definitely not as run down though from what you ended up getting a few weeks ago! I think it's just a head cold mostly that's moving into my chest. But awesome job on your training! :worship::thumbsup2

Thanks...I hope you're feeling better!

Did 13.2 miles today at the track !!:cool1:

Why is it the last couple of miles are always the hardest ??? I'm just glad it's done.

3 weeks to go now !!!

Woo Hoo! You're ready!

I got busy yesterday shopping for lamp shades (WHY is that so HARD!?!) and didn't get around to putting my race shirt together...and only bought one of three shades that I need. Maybe today I can get it done...but I'll probably end up taking a nap this afternoon so I'm not snoozing at midnight :) Like clockwork, I start yawning uncontrollably around 9pm almost every day...New Year's Eve is always a battle for me. :faint: I hope everyone has a happy and safe new years eve tonight! It's looking like it's going to be a rainy one here.

Can't believe so soon. Terrified of getting swept but I'm going to do my very best. Does anyone have specifics on that

You're very best is all you can do...I'm sure you're gonna do great! Not sure what specifcs you're looking for on the sweepers, maybe I can help. Sweepers will start after the very last runner crosses the start line and from there will maintain the 16 min per mile minimum pace. This means that the further you start ahead of the last person, the more of a cushion you have built in. I've read that there are certain sweeping spots and at those places there is a bus waiting and race officials will block the course at those points when the sweeper passes and anyone behind will unfortunately not be allowed to continue. I have also heard that the sweepers will sometimes give some verbal warnings...letting everyone around them know they are there and they need to pick it up a bit and stay in front of them. They are sometimes also called the "balloon lady"...I'm assuming because he/she wears baloons on them somewhere? However, don't confuse them with pacers...you may see some runners in the corrals or throughout the race course holding a stick with balloons on it and a time written on the balloon...like 2:45 or 3:00, etc...that's a pacer who you can stick with throughout the race if the time on their baloon is your goal time and they'll get you across the finish line in that time or less. So not all balloons indicate a sweeper! I believe that anyone picked up is bussed to the finish area and is still offered a medal. Try not to worry about it though...just run it the way you trained and have fun :thumbsup2 If you're concerned with being too slow and happen to be placed in the last corral, get there early enough and work your way up to the front of your corral...this will give you at least a few minutes cushion. Good Luck!

I know somewhere (maybe this is a sign of belonging to many groups/threads) that someone mentioned a great place to get Italian I think in Long Beach, what's the name of that place?

We were talking about a "mom and pop" restaurant called Marri's Pizza and Pasta. 1194 W. Katella Ave in Anaheim. Good food and they also deliver to hotel room. The location is nothing fancy in a little strip mall across from the street from the parking lot next to Paradise Pier. But they have really good food.

Woo Hoo! You're ready!

I got busy yesterday shopping for lamp shades (WHY is that so HARD!?!) and didn't get around to putting my race shirt together...and only bought one of three shades that I need. Maybe today I can get it done...but I'll probably end up taking a nap this afternoon so I'm not snoozing at midnight :) Like clockwork, I start yawning uncontrollably around 9pm almost every day...New Year's Eve is always a battle for me. :faint: I hope everyone has a happy and safe new years eve tonight! It's looking like it's going to be a rainy one here.

I think your right--mentally now I am ready !!!! My goal is to get much more sleep at night and try and avoid getting sick.

Good luck getting your lamp shades--it is hard to find the ones you want. I've also been searching without any luck.:confused3

Has anyone seen a link from Lasting Commemoratives for a free Tinkerbell poster like they offered for the Disneyland 1/2 and the Wine & Dine 1/2?

TIA

Cripey said:
You're very best is all you can do...I'm sure you're gonna do great! Not sure what specifcs you're looking for on the sweepers, maybe I can help. Sweepers will start after the very last runner crosses the start line and from there will maintain the 16 min per mile minimum pace. This means that the further you start ahead of the last person, the more of a cushion you have built in. I've read that there are certain sweeping spots and at those places there is a bus waiting and race officials will block the course at those points when the sweeper passes and anyone behind will unfortunately not be allowed to continue. I have also heard that the sweepers will sometimes give some verbal warnings...letting everyone around them know they are there and they need to pick it up a bit and stay in front of them. They are sometimes also called the "balloon lady"...I'm assuming because he/she wears baloons on them somewhere? However, don't confuse them with pacers...you may see some runners in the corrals or throughout the race course holding a stick with balloons on it and a time written on the balloon...like 2:45 or 3:00, etc...that's a pacer who you can stick with throughout the race if the time on their baloon is your goal time and they'll get you across the finish line in that time or less. So not all balloons indicate a sweeper! I believe that anyone picked up is bussed to the finish area and is still offered a medal. Try not to worry about it though...just run it the way you trained and have fun :thumbsup2 If you're concerned with being too slow and happen to be placed in the last corral, get there early enough and work your way up to the front of your corral...this will give you at least a few minutes cushion. Good Luck!

This is super helpful, thanks! Any tips on working your way up in the last corral? I have no times so I'm definitely in E.

This is super helpful, thanks! Any tips on working your way up in the last corral? I have no times so I'm definitely in E.

Getting to your corral early will help you be able to get to the "front" easier. People just kind of fill in and you can work your way to the front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter