Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

I am so excited! I was planning to run the DL half to get my C2C, so the dumbo is an added bonus. :cool1: I'm participating (running is an exaggerated word for me) in Goofy in January.

RedSonya said:
I am so excited! I was planning to run the DL half to get my C2C, so the dumbo is an added bonus. :cool1: I'm participating (running is an exaggerated word for me) in Goofy in January.
RunRookie said:
...It would be cool if Disney offered a special C2C for those doing both the Goofy and the Dumbo. But that might be too much to ask for....
quote taken from the Marathon weekend thread but, O. M. G. !!! That would be way too difficult for me to turn away.

The idea posed by someone else that you could get 5 medals in a weekend (5k, 10k, half, Dumbo, C2C) would be more than any other available Disney weekend... Since Goofy is the first available race and you can't have C2C by then...

Now that would be some serious neck torment come Monday. :lmao:

The idea posed by someone else that you could get 5 medals in a weekend (5k, 10k, half, Dumbo, C2C) would be more than any other available Disney weekend... Since Goofy is the first available race and you can't have C2C by then...

Now that would be some serious neck torment come Monday. :lmao:

I would be close to that, except I'm running Tink with my wife, so I will get my C2C before Dumbo. Probably a good thing as it isn't much fun to walk around with all that hardware.

I was on the fence before, hubby is officially out but with the Dumbo twist I think I am in! :thumbsup2Completely terrified of course since the 1/2s take a lot out of me, but this year for W&D we ran the Castaway 5K the day before so this shouldn't be that much different (I hope!)

I'm in for the Dumbo Double Dare! Do you think the 10K is Alice themed? I wonder if its a rubber medal or not. I'm really hoping we can sign up early at the Tink Expo b

MotoXPrincess99 said:
I'm in for the Dumbo Double Dare! Do you think the 10K is Alice themed? I wonder if its a rubber medal or not. I'm really hoping we can sign up early at the Tink Expo b

Well that runDisney site said 'medal' not 'medallion' and it is a timed race not a fun run, so I am hoping for a real medal. :)

RunRookie said:
Well that runDisney site said 'medal' not 'medallion' and it is a timed race not a fun run, so I am hoping for a real medal. :)

Me too! I guess I will get two medals I already have (C2C and DL) and two new ones. :-)

Does anyone know what time registration opens on the 22nd? We will be in WDW, need to make sure I am near my computer :)

I just received permission from my Boss to go ahead and makes plans to do the Dumbo Dare (I work at a University and this is the weekend before the students arrive on campus.) :cool1:

Now to plan the transportation (BUF/YYZ,) how painful is LAX, there are non-stop flights from Toronto, night be worth the extra $$ to not have a layover flight, :confused:.

Where to stay, have already used my 2013 DVC points,:eek: .

A four medal weekend (DD, 10k, 1/2 and C2C) Wow! :woohoo:

I just received permission from my Boss to go ahead and makes plans to do the Dumbo Dare (I work at a University and this is the weekend before the students arrive on campus.) :cool1:

Now to plan the transportation (BUF/YYZ,) how painful is LAX, there are non-stop flights from Toronto, night be worth the extra $$ to not have a layover flight, :confused:.

Where to stay, have already used my 2013 DVC points,:eek: .

A four medal weekend (DD, 10k, 1/2 and C2C) Wow! :woohoo:

We were just saying the same thing! Three out of the four of us that are running will have four medals that weekend. :cool1:

DH said I can do DD!!! So excited:). My 35th birthday is Sept 7th so this will be my present. Four medals for me too, unless I can figure out how to get in the 5K. Can't wait, I think I will sign up at the WDW marathon expo in 2 weeks.
Now I need to figure out flights and where to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am in. Just have to decide 10k or half. To date the longest race was a 10k. So I am leaning toward half. But the Dumbo Double is calling.
I have been wanting to go back to Disneyland. Last time I was there was 1995.

DH and I are definitely doing the Dumbo Double Dare! We were already planning on doing the half so what's 6.2 more miles? We're signing up at the WDW expo in two weeks. Having never been to Disneyland it will be quite an adventure. I'm paying attention to everyone's suggestions for where to stay. Planning a Disneyland trip is so different from Disney World!

I just did my first race at W&D and got hooked on Disney races. I want the
C2C for 2013 (doing W&D again 2013). Trying to get all the financial info lined up before presenting to my hubby. I know for the W&D there were discounted park tickets through Disney for racers/family. Is this the same for Disneyland races and does anyone know about what the prices might be? TIA!

I'm joining. I wasn't planning on making a trip out to CA but the Dumbo Double may convince me. Haven't fully decided yet and I do have time still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter