Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Slight correction per the RunDisney site, $175 for the half and $65 for the 5k. Wonder if there will be any discounts when registration first opens (DVC, Disney Rewards card holders, etc) or if those who register up front will again regret not stalling a while...

oo thanks! Did not see my typo... the $5 won't break me... hah. I also have to do the stroller division, so my 5k would be $70 :(

Holy Smokes!

With the $170 fee for the DL half, that could easily make the 14 Goofy $360-370. Ouch.

Sorry off race, but that was an eye opener. Thanks for posting

The $175 means I'm now a no. I just cannot justify it. Classic cars or whatever don't do it for me, so I'd still be bored when outside of Disney. And I couldn't care less about a baseball stadium, so...

I'll just plan a trip to DL on my own sometime. (Which will also allow me to do it so that I can actually see the Haunted Mansion at DL as it's NEVER a possibility over DL Half weekend because of the stoopid overlay.)

Glad I got my C2C a couple of years ago.

I think that I am going to do it knowing it's a once in a lifetime thing because the fee is only bound to go up.

I can only imagine what it will be in 2014... definitely out of my budget.

I'm in even with the increase in price. DH and I have been doing this race for years now and can't imagine not doing it just over the cost.

As far as the price increase......I just will not spend as much at the expo.

Has anyone started looking at hotels? Is there one that's better than the other? Staying on property is $$$ and probably won't be happening.

Has anyone started looking at hotels? Is there one that's better than the other? Staying on property is $$$ and probably won't be happening.

There are likely lots of threads on this. I splurged up until last year and stayed on site. For 2012, I wanted to save some cash so I stayed at the Hilton by the convention center. Nice walk to the start (met Sean Astin on the way), but the nickel and dime you for parking and extras. Friends say Tropicana worked well. Good walk to the start and near good places to eat. I'm not sure. The family will be along this year so I can't go on the ultra cheap.

I was looking at the marathon weekend program and saw an ad for the Disneyland Half. It says that they are adding a 10K this year. I'm glad they are adding another race, but CA is due for another whole race weekend! Those of you attending marathon weekend will have to get the scoop on this new race.

I just looked at the price last night. $170 is more than I was hoping it would be. I would love the C2C medal though and it would be a one time thing. If I don't get to do the Nike women's half in DC I will do the DL half. If I do get chosen for the Nike half I will have to do some serious thinking about DL.

Well, we got chosen for the Nike Women's Half! I am so excited but also a little sad because this means I wont be doing the DL half. I thought long and hard about it and C2C will still be there in 2014. Three trips for races in 2013 will just be too much for me, espicailly since my husband is not coming with me. I am tentatively planing on Tink and W&D for 2014. GL to everyone in California!

I'm pretty sure I'm in for this!! I haven't even done my first half yet (which will be the Princess Half) and I'm already going to plan on doing this one! I live in WI and my childhood best friend lives in AZ. I talked to her and we've decided that we definitely want to do this together. I'm so excited and excited that it'll be a coast to coast for me!

I was looking at the marathon weekend program and saw an ad for the Disneyland Half. It says that they are adding a 10K this year. I'm glad they are adding another race, but CA is due for another whole race weekend! Those of you attending marathon weekend will have to get the scoop on this new race.

Oh dear. That will keep me on my toes. I may have to do a mini-Dopey. I'm doing the 5k with my wife and girls, and am legacy for the half. I hope they run the 10k at a time where you can still run all three (like maybe Friday evening?)

I've heard they cannot add another race weekend because it's too hard to get road closures from City of Anaheim.

Oh dear. That will keep me on my toes. I may have to do a mini-Dopey. I'm doing the 5k with my wife and girls, and am legacy for the half. I hope they run the 10k at a time where you can still run all three (like maybe Friday evening?)

I've heard they cannot add another race weekend because it's too hard to get road closures from City of Anaheim.

I do hope it is possible for someone to complete all 3 races, if they wish. :thumbsup2 The schedule on the run Disney site hasn't been updated to include this 10K. I hope we will know more soon.

There was an article in the OC Register after the Tinker Bell registration opened stressing how pleased the city of Anaheim was with the additional revenue that was brought in from the race. I heard the same argument when it was just the DL Half, so never say never. Right now, I prefer to keep hope alive! :flower3:

Hmmm don't want to hazard a guess of what the 10k might cost... With the $170/$65 pricing one would expect over $100? :sad:

Maybe some sort of discount for doing two or three races? I wonder if they would have the third race on the Monday morning to get people to extend their weekends...

Maybe some sort of discount for doing two or three races? I wonder if they would have the third race on the Monday morning to get people to extend their weekends...

Doubtful. They don't discount any of the WDW marathon weekend races. I would love to see lower prices, but the market will pay it, so it's hard to say it is overpriced.

I'm excited to find out when the 10k is- maybe ill do it as a not-even-close version of goofy.

I check the run disney website everyday waiting for info on it... And a date for tower of terror!

Doing the marathon this year and hoping to do the Disneyland half to get my coast to coast! Just... have to finish the marathon first. :scared1:

I was on the fence for flying out to Anaheim for the Disneyland Half Marathon but now I really want to make it happen! There is no chance you'll ever get me to sign up for the Goofy, but a 10k plus a half is much more manageable. :thumbsup2

I was on the fence for flying out to Anaheim for the Disneyland Half Marathon but now I really want to make it happen! There is no chance you'll ever get me to sign up for the Goofy, but a 10k plus a half is much more manageable. :thumbsup2

This sealed the deal for me! I will make it work. Dumbo Double Dare? I am so down.

I'm thinking it would be my "try out" for Goofy. If it doesn't totally completely suck, then I might go Goofy the next year. So I'm eyeballing this race! I'd love to go back to DL, just not a summer runner... ugh, too hot here in TX to train!

Well I was spot on with the 10k pricing guess, but there's a 3rd medal involved also now... Can't see myself not doing the Dumbo...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter