• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Runners' Thread!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will love running it !!! It's a great race to be your first 1/2. It was hands down my favorite race and I've been doing the DL 1/2 for years.

You've got 11 months to train and most importantly get your costume together.

Congrats on your decision to run. Good luck :)

Thank you!

I had a crazy two weeks at work & was just too tired to focus on anything so tomorrow will be my official begining to training...I have a 5K on St Patrick's Day as well

After deciding that I was "only" going to do the full again in 2013, I'm starting to re-consider Goofy. I'm debating the "improve my full time" vs. "earn 3 awesome medals in one weekend" question...

This is an easy question to answer. Run a full in the fall for time and a new PR, and run Goofy for fun a few months later. :)

A friend of mine showed me around town (I recently moved) and so now I have some great ideas of where to get my long runs in... well when I eventually get to them. I've decided on just the full marathon this year and then I'll do goofey in 2014.

Hi!
I wanted to ask a question and after I saw the title of this thread I thought this would be a good place to post it.
But, after I've read all the posts it seems like I am a wimp compared to you all:worship:
My friend and I are going to run the Princess 1/2 next year and we were wondering about doing the 5K the day before.
Are there any pros and cons??
We should get to WDW sometime Friday.
She has ran a few 1/2's and I plan on running my first half this November.
Everyone is posting about trying to decide to run the 1/2 marathon and full or "just" the full and here I am asking about running a 5K and a 1/2.:rotfl2:
TIA,
Amy

I think I'm going to turn this thread into the Princess Half Marathon 2013 thread only... :guilty: I can't keep up with all of the info & dates for the other races for next year. I'm sure someone else will start another thread for those runs :confused3

Hi!
My friend and I are going to run the Princess 1/2 next year and we were wondering about doing the 5K the day before.

It's not that bad doing running Saturday and Sunday. I do them for the DL races and the 1 princess I ran. Just make sure you go easy on Saturday and not try to PR or anything. Look at it more as a way to loosen up you legs before Sunday morning and a race to enjoy the surroundings as opposed to a race race. I also use the 5k as my picture race. I take all the pics on Saturday that way I can just run and not carry my camera on Sunday. Although you will miss MK pics if you do this, but at least you won't have to worry about Epcot. :goodvibes

For the Princess, the discounted tickets were cheaper than Undercover Tourist.

Thanks for that info!

I sent you a friend request as well as a message!!:)

Awesome!! :)

Hi!
I wanted to ask a question and after I saw the title of this thread I thought this would be a good place to post it.
But, after I've read all the posts it seems like I am a wimp compared to you all:worship:
We should get to WDW sometime Friday.
She has ran a few 1/2's and I plan on running my first half this November.
Everyone is posting about trying to decide to run the 1/2 marathon and full or "just" the full and here I am asking about running a 5K and a 1/2.:rotfl2:
TIA,
Amy

The Princess next year will be my first Disney run ever.. We also plan on flying in on Friday .. going to the Sports Complex and then Saturday we are doing a park.. Sunday the run and another park..
I've never ran a half marathon EVER and I want the Princess to be my first one! I do think you would be fine to do a 5k the day before.. I wouldn't try to PR though.
And.. I'm JUST doing a half marathon. :rotfl2:

The Princess next year will be my first Disney run ever.. We also plan on flying in on Friday .. going to the Sports Complex and then Saturday we are doing a park.. Sunday the run and another park..
I've never ran a half marathon EVER and I want the Princess to be my first one! I do think you would be fine to do a 5k the day before.. I wouldn't try to PR though.
And.. I'm JUST doing a half marathon. :rotfl2:

I know a lot of people do the 5K the day before the 1/2 Marathons.

One thing to think of is when to fly in....is there a time adjustment you need to adjust too ????
I think that is my biggest concern right now for us, since we will be flying in from the West Coast, is the time change. Loosing 3 hours is a killer and then to get up so early for the race is going to be the most difficult thing to deal with. We are planning to fly in on a Thurs. Friday-expo and time adjustment, Sat-a park, Sun-race, Mon and Tues a park, fly home Wends. I think I will also try and get the family started on East Coast time a week before we fly out. I don't want to get run down and tired before my big race.

Is anyone WALKING (or has anyone WALKED) the Goofy Challenge? I'm thinking about it in 2013.

I did the Princess half this year. I walked it with my mother. It was our first half marathon, she's 65 and I'm VERY proud of her.

After that marathon, I realized I love getting medals. The idea of getting 3 medals is too tempting to resist.

Everyone keeps talking about running or walk/run. Where are the walkers???!! It's an honorable mode of mobility!!

If you are out there, let's talk it up!!

Is anyone WALKING (or has anyone WALKED) the Goofy Challenge? I'm thinking about it in 2013.

I did the Princess half this year. I walked it with my mother. It was our first half marathon, she's 65 and I'm VERY proud of her.

After that marathon, I realized I love getting medals. The idea of getting 3 medals is too tempting to resist.

Everyone keeps talking about running or walk/run. Where are the walkers???!! It's an honorable mode of mobility!!

If you are out there, let's talk it up!!
I had just about given up the idea of Goofy. But, if I could walk the half, maybe I can do it. Hmmm. I'll have to train for faster walking... Thanks for enabling me!

WOW.. I HAVE NOT BE THREAD FOR 2 WEEKS I HAVE A LOT READING TO DO…:surfweb: BUT REALLY EXCITED AND GETTING PREPARE FOR THIS RACE..:banana::bride::cheer2: I WILL BE ENJOYING EVERYONE POST… :cheer2::grouphug::thumbsup2

I am going to try and convince my parents to let me do it again next spring no guarantees though. I am also applying for CP for both regular Spring and Spring Advantage at WDW once it opens up so that may increase my odds of doing it (if I get in for Spring I will be registering for it, I will figure out someway to have those two days off).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter