Official 2011 Princess Half Marathon Thread - Link to new thread Post 3703!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another option is to buy a sparkle running skirt (you wear it over compression shorts or tights)... search sparkleskirts. They are in the $28-$32 range.

Haven't seen those sparkle skirts before...those are really cute!!! Oh great, now another decision!!! :eek:

nancy, i am flying in solo but meeting up with some goddess
from dis, we are going to the new mexican place at epcot
friday night u are welcome to join us

Hi! What hotel are you staying at? I'm meeting a friend and her family - we're staying at the POP from Thursday - Monday. While we're not going solo (it's vacation week for the kids in NYS so my plan for a "couples getaway" morphed into an unplanned family vacation!) you are more than welcome to join us any time!

i'm staying at the all star movies resort since it's a host resort. would love to meet up!

and you're right, there will be so many people there all working towards the same goal that i bet i'll wind up "talking" to people on the route!

nancy, i am flying in solo but meeting up with some goddess
from dis, we are going to the new mexican place at epcot
friday night u are welcome to join us

aw, thanks! that sounds like fun!

i'm really looking forward to hopefully sleeping in on saturday night. i haven't been away from my son since he was born 18 months ago and it'll be nice to not have to get up to feed him for one morning!!!

Haven't seen those sparkle skirts before...those are really cute!!! Oh great, now another decision!!! :eek:

Oh sure, joining this thread is going to cost me money! :rolleyes1

I have a question that I'm sure has been covered, but forgive me for not going through the 200+ pages on this thread :) What kind of sports drink is at the stations? I like to train with whatever brand is used at a race so I can know that my stomach can tolerate it if/when I want to grab some.

Oh sure, joining this thread is going to cost me money! :rolleyes1

I have a question that I'm sure has been covered, but forgive me for not going through the 200+ pages on this thread :) What kind of sports drink is at the stations? I like to train with whatever brand is used at a race so I can know that my stomach can tolerate it if/when I want to grab some.

PowerAde. Train with green and blue. Never really know what flavor.

aw, thanks! that sounds like fun!

i'm really looking forward to hopefully sleeping in on saturday night. i haven't been away from my son since he was born 18 months ago and it'll be nice to not have to get up to feed him for one morning!!!
My kids are 6 & 3 . i dont remember what it'd like to wake up without
"Mommy mommy r I up yet,.can u get me this or that" at 5 AM !!!!!

Anyone else want to do a did meet at epcot Friday let me know and I will
Change the reservation.

I have a couple of questions even though I am not going to be running this until the next one in 2012.

1) Are these the usual resorts that they have transportation from?

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - rates starting at $138.21*
Disney's All-Star Music Resort – rates starting at $138.21*
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort – rates starting at $138.21*
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort – rates starting at $189.38*
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - rates starting at $189.38*
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - rates starting at $189.38*
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - rates starting at $355.88*
Disney's Old Key West Resort – Studio - rates starting at $366.00*
Disney's Polynesian Resort - rates starting at $486.38*

2) How much of a deal do they give you on theme park tickets when you register?

I am trying to plan/budget for 2012. If its just dh and i going do i get a discount on his tickets as well? Is it just a one day ticket you get deals on or for your whole stay?

TIA!

My kids are 6 & 3 . i dont remember what it'd like to wake up without
"Mommy mommy r I up yet,.can u get me this or that" at 5 AM !!!!!

Anyone else want to do a did meet at epcot Friday let me know and I will
Change the reservation.

I am glad that my children aren't the only ones who get up at the crack of dawn.

Meeting at Epcot ono Friday sounds good to me. Where are the plans to meet now?

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone. This princess is getting excited

Does anyone know when we will find out our start corrall?

Thanks

I use Brooks Adrenaline and LOVE THEM!! :lovestruc A little pricey, well, alot pricey, but i do love them!

As far as tickets, they are discounted somewhat. If you look at the Princess Half Marathon site now, under Travel and enter the code provided when you registered, it gives you the price information for the tickets. If I remember correctly, they are only valid for like 14 days? (i think:confused:) but you can buy tickets for the entire time you are down there. They have all kinds of options.

Also - SparkleSkirts does princess costumes for running..... I do know from a conversation with her last night, they are really booked up so if you are interested in something from them, do it sooner rather than later! They will be at the EXPO also with stuff on hand for purchase!

I would think so. Lazy for about a month (like it or not) very loosely describes many training for this race due to the holidays and weather. Now, if you hadn't run since July . . . that is a different story. But since that is when you joined the running group and did a 12 miler sometime between the fall running season and now (I'm assuming closer to now), you should be able to complete the race. If you read this thread, many people plan on walking the race, so as long as you get it back in gear - I would think you will be able to "finish". (Now, if you are exaggerating on the length of the month and the definition of "lazy" . . . ) Keep in mind, this is far from a professional opinion, but I'm the kind that likes to "tough it out" and feels I can do anything at least once!

Thanks Marathonmommy-I'm with you as far as toughing it out and doing anything once!! I just need to get my butt back on the road and stop eating all the junk I have ove rthe holidays!! popcorn:: I am in South Florida so I have the luxury to run outside and not freeze to death

You will feel it for about a week or two coming back after a month off. Do not try to just jump in where your were but ramp up again. You have more than enough time to get back up to distance. At 7 or 8 weeks you can easily add a mile a week and get up to a 9 mile run pre-race. More than enough

Thanks coach- I think I will start off with 3 miles and see how that feels. I am sure it's going to be tough but the race is right around the corner so I better get moving!!

Tonight I made a no sew tutu and bought a "tiara" at michael's...I'm costume ready. Now, to run tomorrow.

Are you going to run in your costume tomorrow? ;)

Our thread is going to be closed pretty fast here -- OP are you going to start another? princess:

I did my 10k 'proof of time' race today. Came in around 1:16. Does anybody have a guess which starting corral this will land me in? I'm thinking corral D.

I did my 10k 'proof of time' race today. Came in around 1:16. Does anybody have a guess which starting corral this will land me in? I'm thinking corral D.

Great job!

I turned in a time of 1:19 and asked about what corral she thought I might land in. She said *possibly* C. So I am sure it depends on how many proofs are turned in-- could land in C, but D would be likely. At least it's not E! In a couple of days you should get an email confirming the change with an updated est of finish time.

I did 10 today with a friend. She was AWESOME on the pacing and I went a heck of a lot faster with her. I think I can do this! YAHOOO! Happy New Year Princesses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!