Official 2011 Princess Half Marathon Thread - Link to new thread Post 3703!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mla1977

I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest o
I'm going, are you?

I know, it hasn't officially been announce yet. I would hope that they continue it, especially with the great turn out they had this year. It was my first half marathon and I plan on continuing it as long as Disney hosts it.

Check in below and we can use this as our training/discussion thread.

Look forward to seeing everyone again!

May 17 - UPDATE -

DisneySports Twitter feed has announced the dates of the Princess Half weekend have changed to February 25-27, 2011. Registration opens July 6, 2010!

Going for a Three-peat:

mla1977 (Megan)
joan4mickey (Joan)
dsnyfan21 (Tracy)
syko
Chimera (Mel)

Princesses:

roomthreeseventeen
UGAFan0829
ladytink75
MickeyMomTo2 (Lauren)
ezacoo
Princess Elly
momto2littlemonsters (Shawna)
Rupert B Puppenstein (Shelby)
Leleluvsdis
corinnak (Corinna)
Swmr359 (Maggie)
DisneyMomma09 (Ashleigh)
jbm02
KarenAylwood
wtpclc (Carrie)
palmettocharm (Amy)
ADPiSpaz16 (Jess)
Twingle (Jennie)
BubMunkeyBles (Stephanie)
Hockeychic
Suzannews (Suzanne)
es45
haleofafamily
need a Disney fix (Laurie)
Poohlove
disneyaway
tesslor
Jeter02
khomer504
Cripey (Summer)
jenanderson
trudes
sabnrob06
HockeyKat (Kat)
Bookwood (Pam)
ljcrochet (Lisa Joy)
tjcrabb
kpooh
jenn-
Benducci
Mom2BCCC
Vickibean
Camping Griswalds
dvcdenise
peachygreen
SummerIrmoma2 3
leeshiebean
buckeyecinderella
jcwishes
cantwaitvaca09
El&Asmom
jenelope (Jenna)
Karice2 (Kim)
Pikaboo27
DisneyRN51207
Lexxie&Nicky

Whoo hoo! I will be running the Half Marathon. ;) It'll be my first time running at WDW. I'm currently training in New York City, doing Couch to 10k (first 10k is June 12th) and then Hal Higdon's Half Marathon (Novice) training.

Can't wait to get down there, though it seems so long away on my ticker. We'll be staying at Poly or Beach Club.

I will be back for #3!princess:
DD skipped this year..she said after her first year ( and her first half ever) she wouldn't do it again, but after watching me this year she is back in for 2011 and in 2012 she wants to do the WDW Full Marathon.

I plan on being there! After having such a wonderful time this year, I knew right away, that the Princess was something that I would definitely be back for!

By the way, if I remember correctly, the dates for 2011 were printed on the back of this year's Official Storybook Program as March 4-6. I can't wait to see all you Princesses again in 2011!

Thanks for starting this thread, mla1977!!!!

This will be my first ever half marathon... I am not a runner or jogger but I am trying to accomplish this... I am so torn between this half and the WDW half marathon in Jan...

I just started training again a few weeks ago and I can walk/jog 3.25 miles in 50 minutes but my pace is way off I have a pace of 16'23' a mile... I know I have some time left but my concern is not being able to maintain the 16 min a mile pace... maybe with some encouragment I can do it so thats why I would love to join this thread

This will be my first ever half marathon... I am not a runner or jogger but I am trying to accomplish this... I am so torn between this half and the WDW half marathon in Jan...

I just started training again a few weeks ago and I can walk/jog 3.25 miles in 50 minutes but my pace is way off I have a pace of 16'23' a mile... I know I have some time left but my concern is not being able to maintain the 16 min a mile pace... maybe with some encouragment I can do it so thats why I would love to join this thread

I think you can definitely do it. I started out not being able to run pretty much any distance at all, and still can't for that matter. But I went with the Marathoning for Mortals guide, using the walk/run plan, and I was able to finish. I think if you find a good plan and stick to it, then you will definitely be able to do it. You already have a good foundation going with being able to run the 3.25 miles.

You'll definitely find lots of encouragement here on the boards, so anytime you have questions, or need a little push, we're just a post away! Good luck--you can do it!!!

Count me in! I am in week 9 of a C25K. I plan to run in a few 5K's in the next few months and a 10K on Labor Day. After that, I am going to prepare for the Princess Half using Marathoning for Mortals. I followed along on the 2010 thread, and I am so excited to have the 2011 race as my goal. The Disney race experience and crossing the finish line will be a great reward!

I'll hopefully be coming along, I'm up to week 7 of C25K. I was wanting to do marathon weekend, but we have a wedding on. So when i learnt about this race, I got all excited again.

Just need to convince hubby!

I will be at the Princess 2011. My daughter and I did the 1/2 marathon at Disneyland in 2009 and now we want to do the Coast to Coast next year. I can't wait. I've never been to WDW, any advice???

Hey Megan.... hahaha. Corinna and I were just talking about this very thing.

Mel got me to thinking and I just may do this again. Why not be perfectly Princess, make it number three? Put me on the "about 90% sure of doing it" list. Most likely won't sign up/register till closer in. I have more races in front of that to $$$$$ for.

Racey Tracy

Tracy's in! Yay!

I do recall you being one of those that pushed me over the edge and convinced me to do the Princess again. Let's be Perfectly Princess together!

I wonder which DVC resort I will stay at next year...

I'll never be "Perfectly Princess" in any respect, having missed the first one and having very few princessly aspirations, BUT I did have a blast at the 2010 Princess and know a lot of people (especially from the Biggest Loser thread) who are planning on 2011, soooo even though it is a rough turnaround after training in the winter for January, I am thinking that I'll do this one again in 2011 if I possibly can. It is going to depend somewhat on school issues, I'm afraid.

Thanks for starting the thread, Megan! :flower3:

I will be at the Princess 2011. My daughter and I did the 1/2 marathon at Disneyland in 2009 and now we want to do the Coast to Coast next year. I can't wait. I've never been to WDW, any advice???

Welcome Princess Elly!

Since you've already done a half I can say that you won't have to worry about first race jitters. This race is great because it is focused on women. There are some men who do the race, but they are more than likely doing the race to support their princess. There were only 200 the first year and about 400 (correct me if I'm wrong) this year.

As I said, this was my first half marathon and doing it again this year felt great! I loved being on the course knowing that it was something I could complete and trying to do my best while I was also doing the race with some new friends.

If you have any specific questions about the race just post them here. I'll do my best to answer them and you've got a bunch of Dinsey race veterans on here who know the in-and-outs of Disney races.

Welcome (or welcome back) to eveyone!

princess:princess:princess:princess:

Fingers crossed I will be there! You know as long as I get a job :) One of my best friends wants to do the race with me so I really hope I can go next year!

I'll be there...going for Perfect Princess, though I may be closer to the anti-Princess.

At this point my goal is to do the 5K, but really hope for the 1/2.

I am currently only walking a couple times a week, but hope to start picking up the pace!!!

To everyone who has done the Princess before... (boy, that doesn't sound right, does it? :wizard:)

Where did you stay? (host resort or not?) We're planning on staying at the Grand Floridian for the week, but would consider a split stay with Poly or Beach Club if it's really THAT more convenient to stay at a host resort. I suppose I could walk to the Poly from the GF and get on that bus, if it's allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter