• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off to Tokyo this Saturday!! Help!

Vallie

DIS Veteran
We're flying out to Tokyo this saturday and will be hitting Disney on monday-wednesday next week!

Any last minute tips?!

I'd really love to know how crowded it will be during these days

and what should I not miss 100%??

Also where can I get english park maps?!

I'm so exciteddd! :cool1:

what should I not miss 100%??

TDL has a number of rides that are different than anything in the U.S., but some of them aren't Disney's best work (i.e., Tokyo's Tiki Room is invaded by Stitch ... great). Pooh's Hunny Hunt would probably be at the top of most lists; expect long lines except at park opening and perhaps during parades. It's also the time of year for the holiday versions of the Haunted Mansion, Small World, and Country Bears attractions, and the holiday version of the Electrical Parade.

Virtually every ride in TDS is unique to Tokyo, or significantly different than anything in the U.S. I consider the "big four" attractions to be StormRider, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Tower of Terror, and 20,000 Leagues. The Legend of Mythica daytime show is one of Disney's best. (Sadly, the nighttime Braviseamo show is gone, to be replaced by a new version of Fantasmic next year.)

Also where can I get english park maps?!

The ticket booths and guest relations will have English maps. But consider going to guest relations and asking for the "story papers" also (see http://www.thirdamendment.com/tokyodisney.html).

Make sure you see Mystic Rhythms at Disney Sea - it's fantastic, my favorite show in both of the parks :thumbsup2 I recommend Big Band Beat too -- you can see Mickey playing the drums.

Also my fav restaurants at Disney Sea are Restaurant Sakura (the best Japanese-style restaurant there) and the Italian place, Ristorante di Canaletto. Feels like you're in Venice and very good Italian food!

Also my fav restaurants at Disney Sea are Restaurant Sakura (the best Japanese-style restaurant there) and the Italian place, Ristorante di Canaletto. Feels like you're in Venice and very good Italian food!

I love japanese and Italian food (well I like all kind of food), but are those restaurants expensive? What other quick serve eating places that are good in each parks? I'm on a budget here!

Yes they can get pricey -- although it's easy to spend only about $15 at the Italian place if you just order one thing, like the margharita pizza (which is yummy:)).

I usually get some sake, a yuba appetizer (you should definitely try yuba, which is a sort of tofu skin, while you're in Japan!), and the tempura entree at Restaurant Sakura and I don't think I ever spent more than 3000yen ($30) -- so while you COULD go all out and splurge, it generally isn't that expensive to just stick to the basics.

Thanks for all the help! we are back from Japan and had an amazing time! Tokyo Disney was the best! I've started a TR if anyone is interested (in my Sig!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter