Off-Property Grocery Deliveries

cmschrodt

Earning My Ears
I'm headed to BoardWalk at the end of September and will be staying for 10 days. Is there any grocery store that takes pre-orders and delivers to your resort? I'm familiar with the grocery pre-orders at the individual resorts, but there simply is not enough variety for a long stay. Can anybody suggest a solution? Thanks.

I have used wegoshop and they are fantastic. They will get the brands you specify and they even got us some BOGO's that we didn't even know would be available! :thumbsup2 All of the food was there on time and exactly what we had requested.

Grocery delivery really makes the trip alot better because I don't have to take a couple of hours out of my vacation to go to the store, get the groceries, get them back to the villa, unload and put them away....you just have to put them away when they deliver them to your room! Awesome way to start!! :dance3:

Have a magical vacation!

We just used garden grocer and had trouble at all. Bell services held it until we got back to the room.

We only ordered a few things so in the end, it was probably not worth it because the delivery fee and surcharge made it a wash with what we could have gotten at the resorts, but for those that want to have food to cook in the villas, it would be easy and convenient!

I've used garden grocer a few times now and they have been awesome! I've received texts while waiting for ME that my groceries have arrived and are waiting! :thumbsup2

Both Wegoshop and Garden Grocer have good reviews from various people posting here. We have always used GG and think they are great. No compliants. The biggest difference is that Wegoshop will shop for you exactly where you want them to shop. You like Costco, they will go to Costco, like Publix and that is where they shop for you. Garden Grocer has an on line site that you order from. The prices are usually higher than you would pay at a regular store, but not as high as the resorts. If there is something you want that you don't see on line, just e-mail them and they can take care of it. At least they always have been able to with what I requested. In the end I guess it just depends on which type of service you prefer. Both will deliver to the resort and if you have cold items they can be stored.

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

Another solution is to walk over to the Dolphin and rent a car for a day and get your own groceries. We did this in June and it worked out wonderfully. I think a one day rental was just about equivalent to what the tip and/or delivery fee (depending on how much you order) would have been through Wego or Garden Grocer. You pick your car up at Valet at the entrance to the resort and drop it off there too. The transaction was super fast and easy. Not to mention we got EXACTLY what we wanted.
Tina

I have used gardengrocer.com quite a few times and have been very pleased. It is so nice to have the groceries waiting and not to have to use vacation time grocery shopping!

I think the biggest difference between gardengrocer and wegoshop is that wegoshop will shop for brand/store specific items for you whereas gardengrocer has only their website listing of products. Also, I believe you need to be present when wegoshop delivers your order.....which is the main reason I've never tried wegoshop. I don't want to wait around the room for a delivery. We've been using gardengrocer for several years now and have never had a problem. I usually get a text telling me the groceries have been delivered either as we're boarding ME or gathering our bags at Baggage Claim. I usually time the deliver of our groceries about 15 minutes after we're scheduled to arrive at MCO and have bell services hold them until we arrive at the resort. That way, when I check in I can just have bell services bring them right up to the room and unpack them immediately after we get there......and start enjoying my vacation!!

We typically use the garden grocer. The kids like to have some instant food that can be microwaved and eaten after a day at the park. We even ordered some food to cook on days we were not going into the park.
It was nice to have the food delivered to us. The prices did not seem to be much higher than shopping at a high end grocery store here in my local town.
We would definitely do it that way again.

I like to use Garden Grocer as I can just pre-pay with a credit card online when I order and they will leave the groceries with Bell Services. Wegoshop wants you to be there to receive the items & I think only takes cash. There's no way to pre-pay for the items since they shop where you send them and they charge exactly what they pay so they have to wait until they have a receipt - which is why you have to be there to receive the items. I think their delivery fee is higher to compensate while Garden Grocer just builds the fee into their prices.

I especially like that with Garden Grocer I can pick a 2 hr. delivery window, pre-pay (and incl. a tip for the delivery guy) and Bell Services will refrigerate any cold or frozen items. This way I don't need to worry about if the room is ready or not & we don't have to hang around to wait on the order. I can also order beer & a case of water. They do have a minimum order of like $40 or $45 (before the beer or alcohol price). For beer or alcohol they will ask you to fax a copy of your drivers license and then they add the price on after your minimum has been met. I have used them several times. One time I had ordered Diet Coke and they sent regular Coke so I just called them and they sent the right item the next day (it was late when we arrived).

I like to use Garden Grocer as I can just pre-pay with a credit card online when I order and they will leave the groceries with Bell Services. Wegoshop wants you to be there to receive the items & I think only takes cash. There's no way to pre-pay for the items since they shop where you send them and they charge exactly what they pay so they have to wait until they have a receipt - which is why you have to be there to receive the items. I think their delivery fee is higher to compensate while Garden Grocer just builds the fee into their prices.

When we used Wegoshop this past May we were able to pay in advance with a credit card and they left the items with Bell Services.

Another gardengrocer user here. We have used them 3 or 4 times so far and plan on using them again for our Dec. and Jan. trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter