# of towels

donmil723

Stormalong Bay/Castaway Cay Beach Bum
How many towels do you get in a studio or a one bedroom when you check in if there are 4 people in your party? Do they replace the towels on the 4th day of your stay with day 1 being the day you check in? We seem to go through a lot of towels. Thanks!

Towels are provided for the stated occupancy of the villa. 4 for studios and 1BR.

Towels will be replaced on day 4 of your stay or are available for $6 per extra set. They may be cleaned in the washer'dryer provided. (Complimentary for those in a studio- in room for 1BR and larger.)

Enjoy!

They may be cleaned in the washer'dryer provided. (Complimentary for those in a studio

Free tokens for "local washer/dryer" ?

The washer/dryers at the DVC resorts are like the coin operated ones but don't require any coins. There are "permanent slugs" built into the mechanism.

You won't need any tokens. The washers & dryers at the DVC resorts are free/complimentary and usually located near the pools.

That's good to know! Will probably just order an extra set of 4 towels when we check in.

Another answer to add comfort to soon to be purchase. I remember the last 8/7 stay at the Poly paying for a full laundry load 1/2 through the stay - I just figured it was the same for the studio at VWL. The room at the Poly also had a charge of $10 a night for the same "collage dorm size" refridgerator that comes with the studio at VWL - so there's another @ $90-$100 for pins and toys during stays !

Thanks PamOKW !

? Pool Towels ?

8')

Doc... There are 4 of us in the one bedroom, I don't have a problem washing towels, but I usually use 2 towels, one on my head and one on my body, so if I use 2 and the rest use 1 that would be 5 towels a day. Are you saying if I requested a couple of extra towels be brought to the room that would be $6 dollars every 4 days?

I don't know if all the poolside washers have been replaced, but the ones at Miller's Road at OKW were replaced with "Almost" top of the line GE washers last month. Not the coin-op type. Dryers were not replaced at that time...maybe they have to stay with commercial type dryers since they are stacked.

Terry, it is $6 for each full set of 4 towels in a studio/1bdrm. Your check-in set of 4 and the sets on housekeeping/trash towel days are free.

Are you saying if I requested a couple of extra towels be brought to the room that would be $6 dollars every 4 days?

Studios and 1BR's will have 4 sets of towels at arrival and those will be exchanged on the 4th day. Extra sets are $6 each.

A "set" includes hand towel, bath towel and wash cloth.

I don't know if the extra set will be replaced on day 4 without another charge.

Good question.

The "set" of towels that you can "rent" for $6 includes FOUR bath towels, FOUR washclothes, 2 or 4 hand towels (not sure which is right, but one time I was given 2 and one time I was given 4) and a bathmat. It is not $6 per towel. We have stayed at BWV 3 times, just got home again last week, and I purchased the $6 set. I do it every time so we don't have to worry about running short on towels. It's just easier for us.

For the 2BR you will have 8 towels. The number of towels is based on the stated occupancy of the unit.

We always end up with more towels than we start with - mainly because when housekeeping comes on the trash-towel day, there are always towels in the dryer or washer, and those are left as is (they don't go searching).

So, if you need an extra set, go ahead with the $6 charge and then just make that some are in the laundry on T/T day, and you won't have to get an additional set.

The "set" of towels that you can "rent" for $6 includes FOUR bath towels, FOUR washclothes, 2 or 4 hand towels (not sure which is right, but one time I was given 2 and one time I was given 4) and a bathmat.

Thanks for the clarification, ReneeQ! :D

Also, on one trip we reserved a studio plus with the daybed (back when they used to guarantee that) and had 5 people. (Yes, it was crowded, but 2 of the 5 were children under 3). So the "stated occupancy" of that room was 5, BUT we still only got towels for 4.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest