October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

New to this thread... super pumped to be there in about a week Oct 29 - Nov 9. Our family is all about the Halloween camping. We are from Ontario Canada so looking forward to being able to trick or treat camp in shorts and a tshirt. Last year around this time we did The Pinery Trick or Treat and it snowed on us. Looking forward to seeing all the set ups there. Thanks for the info for the list of events... You think you could find that somewhere through Disney...

Blew a tire so now I am sitting on the side of I75. Worst part it also ripped a fuel line. Have no idea when we will make it to the fort now. Roadside assistance is coming.

It was the drivers front and about scared the life out of me. Good news no was beside me because I went from the far right lane to the middle lane in 1/2 of a second.

Blew a tire so now I am sitting on the side of I75. Worst part it also ripped a fuel line. Have no idea when we will make it to the fort now. Roadside assistance is coming.

It was the drivers front and about scared the life out of me. Good news no was beside me because I went from the far right lane to the middle lane in 1/2 of a second.

Glad everyone is alright. Hopefully the repairs are quick and painless.

So far quick is not happening and the tire cost me a thousand bucks. Still no idea on the fuel line repair. At least we can run the generator and have AC. A little over an hour and a half away from the fort. Waiting on both to show up. Disney texted me and my site is not ready so not adding salt to the wound!! Would much rather be in the overflow lot waiting to check in!

We travel I10 thru Houston hit 12 @ Baton Rouge. We stayed @ Denham Springs Sat. Night. Most of the roads were good, light traffic except thru Baton Rouge but did not slow us down. We are staying @ Milton KOA tonight, tomorrow night Perry KOA, then Lake Louisa St. Park on Tuesday. That is approx 15 mins. To the Fort & hope to arrive around 7 to 7:30 Wed. morn. Since we are retired we take our time down. The weather has been wonderful! See you real soon!

All set up in site 1636, there was a site ready for us in the 2100 loop at 6:10 this morning but we decided to wait for this one.

A little back story, when we go somewhere for a meal whether it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner, if I have any type of bad experience I won’t be back for that meal ever again.

We had a 10:25 reservation for TE brunch, we get in get drinks ordered, Diet Coke for DW, sweet tea for DD and coffee for me. We head up to the Buffett, scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon, and the thick cut smoked bacon, :worship:. Then it’s back to the table where the drinks are waiting, coffee is nice and hot then it happens, I tried a little of everything on my plate thinking it was a fluke but it was not,everything was cold, not warm, cold.:sad2:

I pushed the plate away from me full of food and the nice waitress came over and asked if everything was alright and I told her not really, everything s cold. She went to the kitchen and talked to the cook, she came back and apologized and told me the kitchen will make me anything I want fresh. I told her that l was all set and didn’t want anything. So, for me there will be no more TE brunch. Hopefully dinner will be better on the 28 th.

Cold food especially eggs are the worst. Plus if food stays cool for more than 2 hours it can grow bacteria.

I walked about 1/2 mile back where I blew the tire and found the filler hose. It was in perfect shape so I guess I will amazon some hose clamps. TA gouged me on the tire and roadside assistance but I expected that. A thousand dollars and 5 hrs later we were back on the road. Got to the Fort 530ish. The sites are tight and backing the coach in was not any fun. The guy across from me had to move his truck so I could back in. A preferred or meadows site next time, lesson learned!

Got semi set up and then went to Disney Springs for dinner and a little shopping. The son loves T-Rex so that’s where we ate, the food was better than when we went in March. Store by the Disney store and my son got a Jack Skellington dressed as Santa. The wife got her replacement flower things from the vendor over by the Rainforest Cafe. I got a new coffee cup since my Mickey Mouse one broke when I was swerving after the tire exploded.

Breakfast in the motorhome and then so exploring around the fort and MNSSHP tonight.

Hi snow Medic! We are in 1641 directly across from you.

Chief, hate the problems your having but at least you got the line back.

So, the guy across from you...

@snowmedic ,Vince, hate the cold breakfast too unless it's the cereal or yogurt.

You guys have fun. Tell Lil Medic we said hello!

Chief, hang in there, your luck has to change. Glad to see everyone is arriving safe at least.

Pouring rain now for about 30 minutes, lots of lightning. Radar shows stopping around 6. Be safe everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!