October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

Yep that is correct. Maybe trying to add more parking for the pool. :confused3

Here are pics of the new beach area with the weeds still growing out of the water
F306CA68-7A88-44D6-9BD9-0CB03AB75978.jpeg

And the other side with the construction fence up

ED73A539-1434-4A10-B948-015133D136BD.jpeg

We took the boat to the Contemporary today as soon as those pics upload I will post construction pics. Doesn’t look like much, no steel being erected, yet.

Can you check and see if they have put in speakers behind the new beach for the MK Fireworks shows along the treeline like they had between the old beach and the playground?

Thanks for being our man-on-the-street, snowmedic.

Bama Ed

Looking forward to my arrival to Orlando (thanks to my employer) and my one Disney day and TE dinner on Monday the 28th! Will walk the Fort a bit too! Hope to find a few sites of whomever is there!

Looking forward to my arrival to Orlando (thanks to my employer) and my one Disney day and TE dinner on Monday the 28th! Will walk the Fort a bit too! Hope to find a few sites of whomever is there!

I will be here! Would like to met you. We have a TE ADR @ 6:20. We will be in and out of the Fort that day but I will watch the boards for your arrival.

I will be here! Would like to met you. We have a TE ADR @ 6:20. We will be in and out of the Fort that day but I will watch the boards for your arrival.

Having met Jimmy/4077 in person, and you too Vince/snowmedic, I can say ya'll need to DISMeet for sure.

Bama Ed

Can you check and see if they have put in speakers behind the new beach for the MK Fireworks shows along the treeline like they had between the old beach and the playground?

Thanks for being our man-on-the-street, snowmedic.

Bama Ed

Went down to the beach tonight for the MNSSHP fireworks, there was probably 2 dozen people there around 10:20 for the show. Someone mentioned because it was the Halloween party there wouldn’t be any fireworks tonight. :rotfl2: The place cleared out and I was the only there for the fireworks that started at 10:45. :thumbsup2

The Fort music is playing at the new beach area but the MNSSHP was not piped in during the fireworks. Will go back down tomorrow night and see if anything changes for those.

Glad snowmedic has it all covered on the new stuff, we are first timers so our knowledge is limited. Third trip to Disney but first in our motorhome but it won’t be our last. The wife loves it more than staying in a resort. We went to TE for breakfast, wasn’t the best but was OK. A preferred or premium site next time, going to be a real pain pulling out tomorrow.

We went the Hollywood studios yesterday and we rode the gondola, thought my wife was going to have a heart attack. Talked her into slinky dog too. That is a one and done for her. We went to SWGE and built 2 droids, an R2 for me and BB8 for my son. I bet we got asked 50 times where did you make those? Wait times in the whole park was low, 20 minutes at most for any ride.

Today is sea world day and them we a.re going to do some looping to look at the decorations tonight. Next trip is going to be longer with a rest day in between park days. Cool front moved thru so a lot less humid and cooler.

Last edited:
Let’s see if I get these in the right order.
This is looking at the playground at TE
View attachment 446545

This fence was going up yesterday at the private carriage ride between TE and the trading post
View attachment 446546

Playground area again
View attachment 446547

Looking down toward old River Country
View attachment 446548

Near the concierge window just before Hoop where the pony rides where

View attachment 446550

Looking back toward the bus stop
View attachment 446551

The new horse barn construction on the other side of the road at the bus stop
View attachment 446552
These make me sorta sad :(, we loved driving our cart down to Clementine beach and watching the sun rise. Also, not much of a view anymore sitting on the porch at TE. :sad2:

They cut down all the trees back there and poured in gravel and wheel stops for blessed golf carts?

Just so I'm clear, this is in the area between the Meadow TP and 1300 loop along Fort Wilderness Trail.

Bama Ed
Extra cart parking for the pool and movies.

Third trip to Disney but first in our motorhome but it won’t be our last. The wife loves it more than staying in a resort.

As Fort campers, Chief, we hear this sentiment with some regularity. Camping at the Fort, while it requires some work to set up and take down, is still a more relaxing vacation stay than being at the resort hotels. There's something about watching the turkeys amble past your campsite that takes all the rush out of making rope drop.

I tell people that camping with your trailer or rv or even tent like various pro's set up is a lifestyle choice for vacationing. It's like staying in our own homes while we go out to the parks. And the Fort is a great place to take a day off and chill then head over to Disney Springs for a few hours (for example).

Welcome to the club! Now you know why we are all fans of the Fort. :thumbsup2 Hope you have an uneventful trip (this time) on your way home.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Went up to the Outpost to see the horses and talked to a CM, I asked her about being able to see the horses that where in the barn at the Settlement and she said, “ the horses are not here but they are close by on site”. She also told me they should be back at the beginning of the year in there new barn.

You are able to do the pony rides up at the stables at the Outpost.
45F5E406-84D0-4877-AE55-30604D54B171.jpeg

04639D1A-9A29-4213-9806-184A1BEA1B94.jpeg

AD7D8D3A-F492-41F6-BB14-62729FF0A800.jpeg

CD16416E-6C6B-4577-AF18-CE971275DC55.jpeg

Rented a golf cart this morning to go looping and looking at Halloween decorations. Spending time at the pool, then getting ready to go to Crossroads @ Lake Buena Vista for some Moe’s Southwest Grill then to the Springs for drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter