October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

It’s hard for me to figure out which pics I took with me phone sideways to upload to the boards, and my I cloud is taking forever to upload so they are on my iPad and I can see them better.

1636 is a little small for our tent to fit on, it is mostly sitting off the gravel and more toward the road. Our site backs up to the main road but we haven’t noticed the noise from cars a busses to be all that bad.
64695472-DC5D-4BF0-A8BD-607C3E7EADD1.jpeg

5513C537-70C2-4AD6-A745-AC6E855B0952.jpeg

The site is drying out now that the rain has stopped. During the storm there was a lightning strike near the 1500 - 1600 CS, not real sure what happened other than that, but security and Reddy Creek Rescue showed up.

A5C285D9-6B3B-458C-B756-99FC4AE69AAA.jpeg

They where walking around behind the CS.

Anyone here now looking for nice Halloween decorations, there is a big display set up in the 1200 loop that is fantastic.

We have never pulled our trailer behind our motorhome or with the golf cart on it, so I went over the trailer yesterday at work and everything looks good.
Please don't forget spare tire, jack and lug wrench for trailer. 2 hours on an on ramp because my buddy forgot his. Oops, stuff happens

We were at MNSSHP sitting in the line to see jack and sally when the rain came. We only waited for an hour and a half which I though was reasonable especial since it was raining. The cover for little mans stroller blew off so he had to sit on a poncho in the stroller the rest of the night. This was our first MNSSHP and to me the crowds to me seemed to be very manageable. We rode the Pirates, Haunted Mansion and the People Mover. We got a ton of candy and I was able to get an oogie boogie popcorn bucket and the Jack Skellington sipper.

The wife and kiddo are sleeping in and then it's off to Hollywood studios. Building a droid, Prime time cafe' and Slinky Dog.

We picked up some chicken at P&J's and the wife loved it. We ate the leftovers after we got back from the park last night. Our first two trips here we stayed in resorts. The wife and son loved decorating the site and the golf cart. As we were arriving some deer walked across the road and the wife saw some turkeys yesterday. I think she really likes the fort and did not resist when I told her next time we should stay a week!! She agreed this is better than a hotel room.

Faxed in my site/loop request yesterday. With it being so busy, I am not getting my hopes up, but the last three trips we got a site on the canal which is what I always request. 1812 is our favorite one on the canal and has more room for the decorations, but we will be happy with what ever we get.

Finishing up on the last golf cart parade decoration tonight and will start putting some of the decorations in the trailer. DH may not be going hunting this weekend, and if that is the case, we will definitely be able to check in Monday afternoon.

Mr Bones went fishing today to try to bide the time until we leave.
used fishing.jpg

Let’s see if I get these in the right order.
This is looking at the playground at TE
77444B8C-590A-4368-9610-4CE16FEE333D.jpeg

This fence was going up yesterday at the private carriage ride between TE and the trading post
4E90191D-4F78-4445-94EB-B6E799F3BF23.jpeg

Playground area again
4BE68FD8-17E3-4C9A-B678-EF9BFE4BF45E.jpeg

Looking down toward old River Country
BF92D600-0863-411B-8086-734D64972E72.jpeg

Near the concierge window just before Hoop where the pony rides where

F911CCA0-0880-4D57-88B7-6EE050D6475B.jpeg

Looking back toward the bus stop
B8E1F1C1-A3AB-430D-89E5-32DFAB5F6A88.jpeg

The new horse barn construction on the other side of the road at the bus stop
13D729F6-A88C-444D-A06B-242784D661F9.jpeg

The playground between TE and the beach will be replaced with bungalows/cabins.

Which means the playground will go the way of the nearby Lawnmower Tree.

And River Country.

And the original Tri-Circle-D Ranch.

And the Fort Wilderness Railroad.

All the cute unique stuff that made the Fort special.

Thanks for the photos, snowmedic.

Bama Ed

PS - although I do hold out hope for the new TCD

They cut down all the trees back there and poured in gravel and wheel stops for blessed golf carts?

Just so I'm clear, this is in the area between the Meadow TP and 1300 loop along Fort Wilderness Trail.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter