October 20th 2007 Western Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome! We stayed at Coronado Springs. But truth is... I liked the entire experience, not just the resort. Disney's Magical Express is a wonderful thing and removed a lot of stress from my family and I. The excellent transportation service was very convienent. I had only one full bus during the entire stay, mostly the busses were near empty. The front desk service was extremely helpful to me. Rather than refer me to another area for help (one that was specifically designed for that purpose, they often made the calls for me and answered my question themselves, saving me a lot of time.

I've been treated pretty well on past cruises, but never this well at a Hotel.

Just back from Caribbean Beach Resort...

Just got back tonight and boy was it ever hot down there. We saw rain on Tuesday (Animal Kingdom day) but the rest of the week it was sunny and in the 90's each day. Sunday it hit 97!!! Too hot for me!! I was the only one on the plane today that clapped when the pilot said it was a balmy 59 in Milwaukee!!!

Had a great vacation with the kids (25,25,22,& 23)!! We stayed in Jamaica section this time. We usually pick Aruba. Very long, hot walk to the Food Court. I'm thinking next time we will pick to travel in April instead.

Glad to be back home, but not happy to go back to work on Wednesday.

Gotta go...Phoenix Suns are playing tonight and DH and I are huge B-ball fans.

Later friends,
Nancy :wave2:

Just bumping us up to the top where more cruisers can find us.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!!

Welcome home Nancy! I agree, 90's is just too hot to enjoy much ouside. We're toying with the idea of heading down next May. Probably the week before Memorial Day. Ugh, just the thought of HOT weather makes me hesitate a bit. (But not too much!)

So, we're going this October, and next May, then next October for our cruise. That's a lot of Disney! :thumbsup2

Everyone have a safe holiday weekend!

Poohbush said:
We're going on 10/16 (tickets said 10/17.) Thank goodness I looked at the date!

Pooh,

Just got our tickets for MNSSHP this weekend. Our dates were fine, but did you find the ticket design/picture for the event to be kind of blah?

DW doesn't like them. At least last time we went, they had the characters on them.

Jeff

Poohbush said:
So, we're going this October, and next May, then next October for our cruise. That's a lot of Disney! :thumbsup2

Tina, One can NEVER have too much Disney!! :Pinkbounc

Nancy

JLDSMD said:
Pooh,

Just got our tickets for MNSSHP this weekend. Our dates were fine, but did you find the ticket design/picture for the event to be kind of blah?

DW doesn't like them. At least last time we went, they had the characters on them.

Jeff

Jeff, We totally agree. They are just like our park tickets last year. BORING! We too had characters (Minnie & Donald) on last year's MNSSHP. We were so hoping for fun ticket pictures.

We got the corrected set, so we're sooooo ready to go. Got our rooms, our ADR's, and the tickets. Now we just have to wait!

Poohbush said:
We got the corrected set, so we're sooooo ready to go. Got our rooms, our ADR's, and the tickets. Now we just have to wait!

Tina,

Glad to hear you got the corrected tickets. Did you have to send the old ones back? Maybe they didn't cancel them and you could go 2 nights. :cool1: :rotfl2:

OK, dumb question, I've been on the boards for a while, but not sure what "ADR's" are. Would that be "Advanced Dining Reservations"? If so, where are you going before MNSSHP? We got into the Castle at 5:20 p.m. the night of our MNSSHP. DW is thrilled.

Jeff

p.s. To all others from our cruise, sorry for being off topic from the thread. Once we get within a year, I'm sure we'll all be posting more frequently about the cruise. Hopefully more people will find us by then. If not, since there are only 6 of us that have posted and there are 6 decks with staterooms, we can each have our own deck. :cool1: I call Deck 6. I'd take 8, but I feel that the first one to post on this thread is entitled to that. Plus I like being in the middle (top to bottom) and a normal balcony is fine for me. :rotfl2:

Jeff, We did have to return our incorrect tickets. You & my Dh think alike (scary!), he asked me the same thing! 2 nights would have been fun, but maybe a bit much! And you are right with the ADR abbreviation. We opted to not do a dinner before the party. We'll be getting the girls ready for bed (wishful thinking on vacation, I'm sure.) Gma & Gpa will be staying behind with them while we go & play! :thumbsup2

Just made another cruise payment this week. Trying to do a payment monthly. It's the only way we could afford the cabin we have! :rolleyes1

Anyone planning on doing a brunch or tea at Palo? We're doing a dinner (of course!) but have never tried brunch or tea. DH is interested in the brunch, so we may have to try that this time around.

Poohbush said:
Jeff, We did have to return our incorrect tickets. You & my Dh think alike (scary!), he asked me the same thing!

You are not the first DISer that said I think like their spouse. DW will say that's even scarier! More people that think like me.

Let me guess, your DH is in a technical type profession if not more specifically in something financial related?

Poohbush said:
Anyone planning on doing a brunch or tea at Palo? We're doing a dinner (of course!) but have never tried brunch or tea. DH is interested in the brunch, so we may have to try that this time around.

We are planning on doing Brunch only. We've done dinner each of the 3 cruise we've been on. Although it is nice, DW and I find it to be the same thing each time and not special anymore (call us crazy :crazy: ). Now Brunch on the other hand, we really like. Don't know why we prefer that one more, but we just do. It is pretty much the same each time, but we really like it. As for High Tea, we did this last cruise and it was nice, but we won't be doing it again. I don't drink tea (went so DW wasn't alone) and she got tea'd out.

Think of it, next year at this time we will be at 142 days. In less than two months from that point we'll all be planning on getting up at midnight Pacific Time to mke our reservations.

But now for a reality check, add the 365 days until next year and we're sitting at 507 days. Hey everyone, we should have a 500 day party next week Thursday (or at least a check in/post). We could do it every 100 days.

OK...call us "Crazier", we're not doing Palo at all next time. We had brunch at Palo at 10:30 and with late dining the night before we just weren't hungry enough for Palo. We are not fancy eaters...just give us a bowl of cereal for breakfast and we're good to go. We thought it was just too fancy for our taste. Heck we didn't even know how to behave properly. :rotfl2: We tried to leave when we were full and Marco (our server) chased us down and made us come back and sit and eat more!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Another pair of DISers we met were sitting next to us and had a good laugh about that. :rotfl2: I was glad to know that they did the same thing on their last cruise.

After we got back to our cabin, we cancelled Palo dinner for that night. We felt the food in the dining rooms was fantastic and best for us. Later that week, a different DISer and I had High Tea planned and we both decided to cancel that too. Just didn't want to take the time out of our last "at sea" day to dress up and go.

So while you guys are all up at 2:00 am (CST) on day 90 next year, DH and I will be counting sheep instead. :teeth:

On a different note....do you all think that there will still be a "Pirate Night" on our cruise? Our friends who will also be on this cruise got all dressed up and they looked absolutely amazing!! I know Jo will be posting on this thread one day and hopefully will post a picture of her and DH. We were thinking that instead of packing formal attire, we will dress up on Pirate Night instead.

OK friends, I'll be back for day 500 on Thursday. Talk to you later,

Count me as being one of those awake late at night on day 90. Never having been on a Disney Cruise before I am looking forward to experiencing as much as I can.

I think that the Pirate night has been a big sucess. I'm sure that it will still be a part of the cruise when we go.

I hope they're still doing the fireworks on Pirate Night. We love fireworks! Our cabin is on port side, and I hear the fireworks are shown starboard side. Would have loved to seen them from the balcony! Oh well, guess we'll have to join the party on deck! Shouldn't have to convince my family too hard.

I think we had Marco too the last time we ate in Palo. DH & I loved our Palo dinner. It was a fun time for us to be "grownup" for a while. Then we changed clothes, and were kids again!

Chatted with my DH's parents this evening. Our trip to WDW this Oct is to celebrate their 50th anniversary. And all they can talk about is the cruise NEXT year! Go figure! They just got their planning DVD and had watched it. So, they were extra excited about the cruise. I have to admit, I'm jazzed about the cruise too! It's gonna be sooooo much fun! :teeth:

Chat with everyone later on the 500 mark!

B9erSteve said:
Count me as being one of those awake late at night on day 90. Never having been on a Disney Cruise before I am looking forward to experiencing as much as I can.

Steve, if this is your first cruise, you'll have to wait until 75 days out. Sorry. :guilty:

I believe the people in Cats 1-3 can make all ressies at 105 days. Repeat cruisers can reserve at 90 days. All new cruisers in Cats 4-12 can reserve at 75 days.

Don't worry that you may not be able to get one. I think they release additional spots for each ressie deadline. If you don't get one online, they do have several available in Rockin Bar D when you first board the ship.

Jeff

JLDSMD said:
Hey everyone, we should have a 500 day party next week Thursday (or at least a check in/post). We could do it every 100 days.

I believe my math was off by one day. I think the 500 day mark would be the 7th of June, which is this WEDNESDAY.

I figure the 20th of October is 365 days. Take off 20 for October, 30 for Sept, 31 for both August and July, and we're left with 23 days. With 30 days in June, that would make it the 7th. If someone could verify, that'd be great.

Now when I first posted this, I swore my count down calendar said 507 days.

Sorry for the error.

Now for the other dates:

400 Day = Sept 15, 2006
300 Day = Dec 24, 2006
200 Day = Apr 3, 2007
105 Day = July 7, 2007 (Cat 1-3 passengers)
100 Day = July 12, 2007
90 Day = July 22, 2007 (Castaway Club Reservation Day)
75 Day = Aug 6, 2007 (General Reservation Day)

See everyone on WEDNESDAY!!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff
Great info on the date schedule! Could you please add July 7, 07 for the 105 day mark for the cats 1-3 guests to make their reservations? ;)

Steve, do not worry if when you go to reserve a dining time for Palo there are no times listed. From my understanding, it's still fairly easy to get a reservation once you get on board. Before the days of online ressies, everyone had to stand in the designated waiting area once we got on board and sign up for a time. Not once were we ever denied a time.

Oooh, just thinking about that Palo Chocolate souflee is making me super hungry! That sound you hear is my stomach rumbling!

Poohbush said:
Hi Jeff
Great info on the date schedule! Could you please add July 7, 07 for the 105 day mark for the cats 1-3 guests to make their reservations?

Done. I actually had to change a few of the other dates at the end of the list.

Poohbush said:
Steve, do not worry if when you go to reserve a dining time for Palo there are no times listed. From my understanding, it's still fairly easy to get a reservation once you get on board. Before the days of online ressies, everyone had to stand in the designated waiting area once we got on board and sign up for a time. Not once were we ever denied a time.

That is true for the most part. I believe Cat 1-3 passengers still were able to reserve ahead of time via their special phone number for concierge service.

Jeff

Hi everyone ! :wave2:

Sorry i havent been on the thread for a while. Ive been very busy with my DD 4th Birthday party, and we have been to Ibiza ( spain) on holiday.

Ive had a read through, since ive last posted. Im still a bit scared to get toooo excited until we actually go, as DHs work have approved the holiday but could still cancel it, anywhen up to July 07 ( or there abouts)

Happy to post now and then to keep us up the top, so more cruisers can find us :cool1:

Bye for now................ Linda

Let the records show.....500 more days!!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter