October 20th 2007 Western Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

B9erSteve

Disney Dad
I just booked yesterday! Got exactly the room that I wanted. And now starting the Disney dreamin' in earnest.

Steve

July 29th 2007-- This Thread has grown beyond all of my expectations. An excellent and wonderful group of people have met here and we are now all planning our vacation knowing that there are only a few days until we leave. We have named ourselves the Konked Kruisers and plan a meet on the first day of the cruiseat the Mickey Pool at 3pm. Please Join Us! We'd love to have you.

As you can see by the number of pages and posts, we are a chatty bunch. Don't be intimidated, just jump right in on the last page and start to party with us.

Hi Steve!!

Thanks for starting our thread. Only 592 more days!! (I think). This will be our second Disney Cruise (first one was an Eastern-Oct 2005). We booked onboard and our TA just switched us over to this Western yesterday. We also got the cabin we wanted (same as last time...7562). Hopefully we will be cruising with two wonderful people we met on our last cruise. We are just waiting to hear about "vacation time" for them.

Talk to you soon!! :wave2:

Nancy

592! LOL. I hadn't even gotten a chance to add up the days yet. This is our first cruise. I've been planning it for over two years now. We were initially going to do two weeks one in WDW and the other on a cruise but my wife's cooler head prevailed and I split them up. I met my wife on the last cruise that I was on, so obviously we had a great time. I've been dreaming of another cruise since. Between school and kids it hasn't been a good time until now! So this is my nursing graduation present to myself 6 years belated!

Steve

Hey Steve...

We should have a lot of fun on this cruise. We are the only two going!!!! :banana: :banana:

More shrimp for me!!!! :teeth:

Nancy :wave2:

Hey Hey You'll need to share a bit of that shrimp. :thumbsup2

Since I've been planning this cruise in my head for almost two years... I didn't think that 19 months was too early to start celebrating. Heck, I've already got Disney Cruise Music loaded on my iPod and DCL wallpaper on my computer! :woohoo:
I guess we're way ahead of the curve.

Maybe now that we "bumped" this thread we'll get a few more cruisers to join our thread of two.

When is your trip to WDW? We are going May 15th - 22nd. :cheer2:

We will just miss you We're going May 6th to May 14th. Staying at CSR. The whole family is starting to get jazzed now. My son talks about it constantly. My wife has been on a vacation clothing shopping spree for about a week now. And I'm doing OT to pay for it.

B9erSteve said:
My wife has been on a vacation clothing shopping spree for about a week now. And I'm doing OT to pay for it.

Just what a good wife does and just what a good husband should do!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

zzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Where did everybody goooooo??????? :cat:

Hey Steve, do you think there is another thread started for us? I find it hard to believe that we are the only fanatics planning our trip this early.

Nancy

I looked around a bit and didn't see one. But I didn't go really far back since the cruise was just listed. I think that we are just the only DIS fanatics that are planning this far out in advance.

Steve and Nancy, we officially moved our reservation to this date. Nancy, we were also on the Eastern 7 day cruise with you back in October 2005. We decided to go for the Western since we did two previous Eastern Disney cruises and since the Disney Med cruises our way out of reach for the four of us.

My Sister-In-Law, and Mother-In-Law will also go on this Western cruise. I had placed a deposit for one room (Cat 5) and we will receive the 10% and $200 credit, however, since our kids our teenagers, we thought we would like more room. We decided to get them a Cat 11 on deck 7. Although we booked on board the ship ( 1 cabin ) Disney will not honor an additional discount or credit for the Cat 11 cabin we reserved for the kids. I am contemplating moving the Cat 11 to a travel agency and wondered who would be best -price wise or extra incentive wise... I checked into Costco, Dreams Unlimited and went to Travelocity's web site. Any recommendations???

We are jazzed and look forward in having a fine forum like we did on our October 15, 2005 thread :sunny: :banana: :wave2:

Evelyn (Evie), Lloyd, Fin and Vic

Hi Evie...

I absolutely remember you!!! You guys were just down the hall from us. We wrote little notes on your dry erase board. :Pinkbounc We had 7562 and will have it again in 07. So glad you will be there again. We did have a fun bunch of DISer's didn't we? :cheer2:

Jo and Danny (Perdidobay) are planning on cruising again with us. So far, that's 3 of us going again. I just hope we don't have to nickname this group the "Molar Express"!!! :furious:

Talk to you soon,

Nancy & Chuck :wave2:

Thanks for the update. We have been assigned 7040 and 7042 with the kids across from us in 7043. This cruise is much more affordable than the Med and we haven't visited the Western Caribbean and we are spoiled with Disney and its caliber of service... :yay:

Evie

Nice to meet you Evie. I'm in a Cat 9 on Deck two. I considered a Cat 5 or 6 but since I have two young children I decided to not have the headache of worrying about them throwing things overboard. It'll be nice to know a few people before boarding.

Hey Steve,

Didn't mean to leave you out, but our October 15th, 2005 Eastern nickname of the Molar Express came about because so many of us ended up with some major dental work. Everything between cavities, root canals, broken teeth, crowns that cost a small fortune, and the yanking out of teeth. We had it all!! I ate a $700.00 tic tac. Really!! Bit into one and broke a molar. Needed a crown after that. :furious:

Hey 18 more months from now, we'll be cruising!!! :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

Nancy

Steve and Evie....

Let's not let this thread fall into the land of the unknown. It's just us for now. Are you guys planning any excursions? Chuck and I don't know which ones we would like. We haven't really checked the Passporter yet because on April 15th Amazon.com s/b sending me a new one (Along with my Golden Girls DVD's) :teeth:

Hope to talk to you both soon,

Yeah I was thinking that one of us should bump this thread at least once a month to make sure that it stays active.

I have the older pasporter and decided not to purchase another until we finish our WDW trip. This time I want to get the planner version.

As far as excursions go, we thought that we would ad lib Key West. Take a walking tour. On Grand Cayman I may be in the mood for a semi-submarine tour. Depending on whether I think my kids would get much out of it. For Cozumel, I am torn. I would love to go to Xcaret (we were there on our honeymoon 10 years ago and loved it) but the long travel time scares me. I'm not sure yet how my kids will do on a small boat for that long. Locally, I don't know of much to do there. I may do the Cozumel Ruins as that fascinates me. I'd like to do the Parasailing on Castaway Cay if I can fit it in. Really, though all I want to do there is snorkel with my son.

Steve

Hi there :cool1:
We are from the UK, and we will HOPEFULLY be traveling with you. My husband is just waiting for the Ok from work ( we should know by next week) so please send us a big heap of pixie dust! I think I will cry if they say no.

We are coming to Orlando this Oct, for 3 weeks. We are doing a 4 night cruise in the middle of this holiday. This is our first Disney Cruise. We have a 4 yr old Daughter, Elouise. She starts school this Sep, so in 2007 we will only get a two week break.

Ive joined the 4 nigh cruise meet. Heres an idea we are doing to keep our thread near the top. Someone starts with a word at the top of their note say " Cruise" the next person replying puts a word that they link that to, say " Magic"... you dont have to write anything else, if you havent got anything to say, but that way we should keep our page "alive". I had to hunt to find out thread,so it will help, as new people come on board.

Anyway, hope my next note confirms we are coming on your cruise, fingers crossed! :banana:

Best wishes Linda (38) Wayne (35) and Elouise (3 1/2)

Hi Lindy,
Glad to have you visit, Hopefully you will be definately going with us. My son is currently 4 1/2 and starting school this August. It has caused me to rearrange my travel plans quite a bit. Initially, I had planned a 2.5 week vacation in May 2008. :Pinkbounc My plan was to do the cruise and then spend 8 or 9 days in WDW. But my wife pleasantly reminded me that there was no way to take our son out of school that long. :confused3 I split up the vacations and downgraded the accomodations to make up for the extra airfare we would be spending. This also allowed me to move up the date of the cruise. :woohoo:

Hi! :wave:

We're on this sailing too! There will be 6 of us (4 adts and 2 kiddies) on deck 8. For 4 of us, this will be our 4th cruise with Disney, our 2nd Western. Can't wait, can't wait! Glad to meet all of you!

Tina :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter