October 20th 2007 Western Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindy Loo said:
Hi everyone, looks like the pixie dust worked :banana: and DHs work has 99% oked his holiday, sooooooooooooooo I really think we will be joining you. :thumbsup2 We wont know for SURE until Jan/Feb 07,however 99% is pretty good to me!! :cool1:

and weve booked flights with Virgin and we are staying at the Disney All Star movies and the Royal Pacific for 9 nights before the cruise, we are then staying 1 night on the Sat 28th somewhere else, not sure yet, then we fly back on Sun 29th. We are doing MNSSHP this year, so if we like it, which im sure we will, we plan to do it again in 07! :wizard:

We do the 4 night Wonder THIS Oct, cant wait, first disney cruise !!!

Yeah for LindyLoo!!! Glad our Pixie Dust worked. 99% is good enough for me too.

See you around the boards.
Nancy :wave2:

B9erSteve said:
Let me know how you like MNSSHP. It sounds fun. I may like to do that for my kids one of these years.

We have done the MNSSHP two times already and are doing it again this October. It is a great time.

The crowds are smaller (capacity controlled) so getting on the rides is pretty easy. Depending on when in October you go will determine how light or heavy the crowds are. As you get closer to the 31st, it gets busier.

They have several areas set up to hand out candy and most of the kids (and adults too) are dressed up. They have a special parade and fireworks display.

If you get the chance, you should try it at least once. I'm sure it won't be your last.

Jeff

That's great Lindy Loo. Glad to hear it's all coming together for you.

I'm sure you'll be doing MNSSHP next year too! We love it. We did it the 1st time last year, just myself & DH. And, we're going again this year too. Probably won't have a chance to squeeze it in next year though. We'll take our kids when they're older. It's so much fun, and the Hallowishes fireworks are the best! Plus I still can't get the Boo to You music out of my head! I agree with Jeff, the closer to the end of Oct, the busier it gets.

Bumpity bump people. Gotta get us back on page one so other DISer's can find us. :teeth:

Just got word that the friends we met on our first cruise will be joining us again on this one. DH and I are soooooo happy about that!! :banana:

DH just brought our suitcases in for our trip on May 15th to WDW for one week. We've packed a few things but since the weather likes to change every 15 minutes here in Wisconsin, we have to wait until the weekend before we leave to do the final packing. ;)

Of course, since I'm a chronic planner, this is making me a little crazy :crazy:

I'll recover...really I will! :smooth:

Later,

Nancy, I'll let you know what the crowds are like when I get there in 1 week :cool1: I'm hoping that it will be a good time of year to come.

Steve

B9erSteve said:
Nancy, I'll let you know what the crowds are like when I get there in 1 week :cool1: I'm hoping that it will be a good time of year to come.

Steve

Steve,

Put a hold on the rain until May 23rd....PLZ??? Leave some pixiedust: behind too!!

Have fun!!

Nancy,

I noticed that there has been a lot of thunderstorms there recently. Craziest thing is that the sunny days are in the low 80's and the stormy days are 90 degrees. Much different than California weather!

Hi everyone,

We were down on page 3, so just thought I'd bump us up! :bounce:

You guys who are leaving in the next few weeks for WDW are so lucky! We won't be there til October. Have tons of fun!

Tina

Poohbush said:
Hi everyone,

We were down on page 3, so just thought I'd bump us up! :bounce:

You guys who are leaving in the next few weeks for WDW are so lucky! We won't be there til October. Have tons of fun!

Tina

Thanks Tina!! Do I have to call you Tina??? It was so much more fun calling you "Pooh"!! :rotfl2:

OK...Tina it is!! Sometimes I'm such a Preschooler. ;)

Only 5 more work days and 9 more real days. We'll say hi to the mouse for you. Just think, Steve and I will be jealous in October when you get to go.

Have a great weekend!!

Hey Steve,

Just noticed your ticker is not the same as mine. Am I on the wrong thread?? :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

cntkg1 said:
Thanks Tina!! Do I have to call you Tina??? It was so much more fun calling you "Pooh"!! :rotfl2:

OK...Tina it is!! Sometimes I'm such a Preschooler. ;)

Only 5 more work days and 9 more real days. We'll say hi to the mouse for you. Just think, Steve and I will be jealous in October when you get to go.

Have a great weekend!!

Hi Nancy,

You're more than welcome to call me Pooh! I kind of liked it! ;) Sometimes I don't put my name in my posts, not really sure why I do and then don't!

I too noticed the different tickers. I know for a fact I'm on the 10/20/07 Western! (actually looked at my cruise line confirmation, just to make sure!) It's still so far away!

Are you or Steve going for Star Wars weekends? Seems like that would be a pretty packed affair. We're currently contemplating another trip to WDW either next May or early June. Just have to find out when our DD's school will be over next year. Can't believe she'll be in school this year! Where does the time go?

Have a good weekend everyone! :sunny:

Poohbush said:
Hi Nancy,

Are you or Steve going for Star Wars weekends? Seems like that would be a pretty packed affair. We're currently contemplating another trip to WDW either next May or early June. Just have to find out when our DD's school will be over next year. Can't believe she'll be in school this year! Where does the time go?

:sunny:

Pooh :teeth:

I don't know anything about the Star Wars weekend. I'm not a SW fan at all so I'm kind of hoping that the SW weekend is not when we are there.

I also just changed our cabin # for the cruise. We switched from a Cat 5 deck 7 to Cat 6 deck 6 to save a couple hundred dollars. We also qualified for another $150.00 onboard credit from AAA because of switching in a month where they are running a special! Now we have a $350.00 onboard credit. :cheer2: Look out Rainforest....here we come!! :Pinkbounc

Well, off to do a little WDW shopping at Target. We want to be completely packed by tonight. Yup, that's us...chronic preplanners. :banana:

Later,
Nancy

cntkg1 said:
We also qualified for another $150.00 onboard credit from AAA because of switching in a month where they are running a special! Now we have a $350.00 onboard credit.

Nancy,

Where did you learn of the additional onboard credit? I'm an AAA member an I know they run specials at times, but only hear of them on the DIS board.

I don't want to xfer to them this month because there is still the possibility that we may not be able to go for a whole week in October '07. I just want to be ready once we get the O.K. from DW's boss to move it out if there is a good deal. We are keeping it with DCL until then.

Is the $350 onboard credit all from AAA, or is it $150 from them and the $200 from DCL for rebooking?

I know at the fare we paid, most online TA's will only be giving $75 credit/rebate. Guess that's the draw back for booking as soon as the prices come out - they are so cheap. But then again, it saves you $$$ by booking so early.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

I noticed you're going to WDW in Oct, and going to MNSSHP. So are we! What night are you going to the party? We just received our tickets, but had to send them back as they booked the wrong date. We're going on 10/16 (tickets said 10/17.) Thank goodness I looked at the date!

Nancy, I noticed you said you changed cabins. We've done cat 6 before, but not a cat 5. They're the same size, so good move on your part. And great job on all the on-board credits! I'm so jealous!

Hi Jeff,

Our credits are $150.00 from AAA and $200.00 from DCL for booking onboard. We had our ressie transfered to AAA last October and at that time we did not receive the credit from them. Then last week when I switched cabins our TA informed us that AAA was running a promotion and now we get the extra $150.00 from them. Good deal huh???

Well gotta get back to my last 6 hours of work...then off to WDW!! :banana:

Later,

Poohbush said:
Jeff,

I noticed you're going to WDW in Oct, and going to MNSSHP. So are we! What night are you going to the party? We just received our tickets, but had to send them back as they booked the wrong date. We're going on 10/16 (tickets said 10/17.) Thank goodness I looked at the date!

Pooh/Tina,

We are going on October 26th (Teacher's convention in WI the 26th & 27th - DS has a 4-day weekend). I have to call an get our tickets ordered. I transferred the point to the Disney Rewards Card to cover them, just haven't got around to purchasing the tickets. I called the first day they were available, but hadn't moved my points at the time.

I know what you mean about the ticket dates. The first time we went, we got our tickets and didn't look at them until the day before the party (while we were down in WDW). Come to find out, DS's was for a different date than DW's and mine. They were really good about getting us the new ticket, but it was a paper type ticket rather than the nice plastic one. To me it wasn't a big deal, but for DW who scrapbooks, it was. :confused3

This will be our 3rd MNSSHP. Not sure if we'll do it before/after the cruise in '07. We'll be gone long enough the way it is, and they don't do it on Sat nights. We are planning on flying down on the Friday night before the cruise, so even if they had it that night (they are doing it on Fri, 10/20 this year), we wouldn't be in, in time. I may have to see if DW wants to fly in the afternoon so that we can hit it the night before the cruise.

Jeff

:wave2: Bye Nancy! Have tons of fun! (As if I have to tell you that!)

Jeff, I know what you mean about trying to get to MNSSHP next year. Don't think we're going to be able to do it. Last year was mine & DH's 1st MNSSHP. It was sooo much fun. The Hallowishes was just the best fireworks I've ever seen. Can't wait to do it again!

Is Steve back from WDW yet? Did your family have a good time?

Hi! We just got back last night (LATE!) We had a fantastic time I posted a trip report here . I'm afraid it is rather dry as I was often posting after a long day. But my wife and I are definately bitten by the WDW bug. We have never been so pampered.

Steve

Hi Steve, welcome home!

Where did you stay that you felt so pampered? How were the crowds? I'll have to read your trip report later. Gotta get DD3 to bed. She'll be 4 this weekend, can't believe it!

:wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter