October 2019 Check-In Thread!

What are your thoughts on the Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA this year? We have never been and are really looking forward to this! I see some prefer the party at DL? The World of Color show sounds really cool...”tricked” out Redwood Creek Challenge Trail...? Awesome! Cannot wait for that Parade! What is a mysterious Disney Villains though experience? Sounds spooky! Does anyone ever skip the candy and just do all the other stuff? Do the tickets sellout quickly? What are you most looking forward to at this years Bash?!?!
We are looking forward to it. We've only been to the parties at DL and have gone the last 5 year's. We definitely trick or treat as its a great experience that takes you back to your childhood days. Not sure if this year's tickets will sell out quickly or not as its at a different park and as you can see their are mixed feelings about it. Also, we have no clue how many tickets they sell. Halloween night is a night that will probably sell out and may be one of the first to sell out.

Out of curiosity - at WDW party days are one of the best times to go to Magic Kingdom because the crowds are much lower - people see the early closing time and choose to go another day.

Does that affect Disneyland/DCA at all? (Would we see much shorter lines on a party morning than another morning, for example)?

Out of curiosity - at WDW party days are one of the best times to go to Magic Kingdom because the crowds are much lower - people see the early closing time and choose to go another day.

Does that affect Disneyland/DCA at all? (Would we see much shorter lines on a party morning than another morning, for example)?

Not necessarily... DL is a locals park, if there are no AP blocks then the locals are there no matter what. Plus the parties are three days a week, people are going to go to the parks whether there is a party or not if they planned their trip during Halloweentime.

Like someone above mentioned, there are a lot of locals at DL. During Halloweentime, whether there is a party or not, AP's will come out to enjoy the festivities (especially after work and school). Friday nights when there were parties were terrible! That could change this year since there are no longer Friday parties, but then that could make Sundays bad. Also, we have no idea how SWGE will impact crowds during this time.

What are your thoughts on the Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA this year? We have never been and are really looking forward to this! I see some prefer the party at DL? The World of Color show sounds really cool...”tricked” out Redwood Creek Challenge Trail...? Awesome! Cannot wait for that Parade! What is a mysterious Disney Villains though experience? Sounds spooky! Does anyone ever skip the candy and just do all the other stuff? Do the tickets sellout quickly? What are you most looking forward to at this years Bash?!?!

You'll find an ongoing discussion on all this here: Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! Do a search for past year's Halloween Time Superthreads to see when MHP tickets went on sale and when they sold out. With OBB in DCA this year and no Friday parties, it will be interesting to see if all the parties still sell out and if they sell out as quickly as they have in past years.

In addition to what others have stated because the parks are so close to park hopping most people buy park hoppers and hop back and forth throughout the day unlike WDW as their parks are so far apart. Because of this people may start their day at the park with the party and then hop to the non-party park when the party starts so, the amount of people in one park won't be lower because of an event. And the non-party park when the party is going on will most likely be pretty packed by everyone who is not attending a party.

Sooooooo ready!!!! We haven’t been to the parks since December of 2016! We cannot wait and its all we talk about lol!
Same here!!! We went Halloween night through November 4th so, we're right there with you. We actually will be there in 3 weeks and are so needing our Disney time its unreal!

Just booked our flights for October 12-18. We have been to WDW numerous times over the years but visited DL last summer for the first time. We LOVED it! My 10 year old daughter has been begging to go back. This is fall break for us.

I *just* got my tickets for the Bash on 10/6. This will be a first experiencing the party at DCA for us. We love the party at DL but I am sure it'll still be a blast at DCA. We typically do skip the candy and focus on other stuff. We can get candy at home. No need to stand in line at Disney for that :)

Depending on the weekend, tickets can sell out quickly once open to the public. I would recommend if you know you want to go, get your tickets sooner rather than later.

Not typically. People try to cram all the time they can into the park with the party before it closes for the party. In fact, some of the most crowded times we've experienced at DL was doing the overlap time when they allowed visitors in for the day AND party goers in. There is usually a 2-4 hour overlap in times. I think this year it's 4 hours for the day we are going (party starts at 6pm and we can enter with our party tickets at 2pm).

We booked our flights yesterday for our October trip! We'll be visiting October 3rd through 8th and attending the Oogie Boogie Bash on the 6th. Our family is super excited to be planning another Halloween trip to Disneyland. We took a year off from Disneyland to visit WDW last October, and while we had a great time, it just didn't feel the same as our home park. This will be our 4th Halloween party and I can't wait to see all the changes coming to DCA. Our last visit was June 2018, right before Pixar Pier reopened, so there will be lots of new things for us to check out. First on my list, lobster nachos at Lamplight Lounge!

We are trying to arrange an October trip to GCV, but we are Florida fans of Disney World...this would be our first trip to DLC.

1) I guess we fly into LAX? Is that the best? recommended airport?
2) Is there Disney transport to GCV? We could just Uber it?
3) Any hints/tips for newbies?

Thanks,
Bfrosty

We are trying to arrange an October trip to GCV, but we are Florida fans of Disney World...this would be our first trip to DLC.

Thanks,
Bfrosty
LAX is a very congested airport. I do not recommend it due to the traffic in LA. I would suggest SNA or LGB as they are much closer and a lot less traffic.

There is no specific transportation like Disney's Magical Express so, Uber or Super Shuttle will work fine.

Restaurant Tip: Blue Bayou is a really cool restaurant with really nice ambience and is located inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Welcome to CA and DL!

Thanks,
Bfrosty
1) agree with PP that Long Beach or John Wayne (Santa Ana) are easier airports to get to DLR from, but depending on where you are flying from flights will likely be more expensive and include a stop. Compare the three to see what will work best from a flight schedule/total time/cost perspective. Traffic from LAX to DLR can be horrific especially if arriving after 3pm - no traffic it is about 45 mins, with traffic it can be 90 minutes to 2 hours...
2) There is a Disneyland Resort bus for a fee, I believe it leaves hourly so you can end up with quite the wait. Uber will be quickest and cheapest.
3) At 180 days and worried about dining? Relax, you're going to Disneyland! At 60 days and worried about Fastpass? Relax, you're going to Disneyland! Planning is so much easier and because of that you can leave things to be discovered while you are there. Maxpass is worth the uncharge so I would recommend that. Blue Bayou is unique and worth booking at 60 days when the window opens - consider doing a Fantastic package as that show is awesome. If staying on property make use of the daily EMH that alternates between parks (better at DCA as that is only for resort guests, DL is also for 3 day park hopper people). Hoppers are worth paying for as it is super easy to hop between parks.

Thanks,
Bfrosty
One other tip. You should see the World of Color and the best way to see it if it's in your budget is to do the dessert party. It is the only option with an actual seat to sit back and relax during the show.

Anyone else wishing their spring/summer away to get to fall!? What do you use to countdown your DL trip? We have a chalkboard in our kitchen that we use, and DD uses her phone. What do you guys use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter