October 2019 Availability Concerns...

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
Hi everyone!

We're at it again...planning a multi-family trip, except it gets smaller each time. For our next adventure, my husband and my sister's husband have been told they have to stay home because they were party poopers on the last trip:( (Don't worry, they are FINE with it:love1:) That leaves my sister and I, along with our daughters who will be 16, 14, 11, and 7 at the time of the trip...and we can't go without our parents, especially dad.

Dad has a special love of the nostalgia of Disney and every time he goes, he finds something different. His first stay onsite was at OKW and he loved it...never wanted to stay anywhere else...until I introduced him to BWV...oh boy:rolleyes:. I've created a monster:stir:.

We are planning a trip for October 19-26, 2019. The dates are pretty solid because that is when the kids are out of school. My sister and parents are thinking about possibly flying in on the 18th, depending on the flight prices and schedule, but I know that my group will not arrive any earlier than LATE on the 19th. As of now, I am planning to book the 19th-24th (5 nights) in a standard 2BR at my home resort of AKV. We are planning on staying at Kidani for the extra bathroom (a must-have with 7 girls!) and I am confident that will not be an issue with availability at 11 months. That reservation will use up my remaining 67 banked points as well as all of my current UY points.

Here's my conundrum....

For the last 3 nights, dad has his heart set on staying at the Boardwalk. We have known from the start that we will need to either rent or do a points transfer. We've done transfers in the past and we would much rather do it that way in case we have to cancel for an emergency. I know we'd need BWV points and we are planning on a pool/garden 2BR. My concern is this: With the opening of Galaxy's Edge in 2019, combined with the already tight availability at BWV in October, are we going to have an issue at 11 months if I have to wait until 9am to book those 3 nights??? If we do a transfer of BWV points, I know that I cannot book online so, even at 11 months, I'd have a 1-hour disadvantage. If we couldn't get BWV, we would be fine with staying at AKV or even OKW (both would require less points than BWV) but again, availability at 7 months is my concern, for ALL of the resorts.

So what is our best plan of attack? Should we just rent a reservation instead? Since we are switching resorts, we don't have to worry about staying in the same room so that's not a big deal. Am I just worrying for nothing? I know my dad really wants BWV, but if that can't happen, my bigger concern is making sure that we can get a 2BR somewhere at 7 months.

:thanks:

I may not be the most qualified to respond since I'm not a BWV owner but it's my understanding that the standard and boardwalk views are usually the toughest to get during that time of year. I would think that you'd be OK just 1 hour into the 11 month window for a 2BR for the less desirable view. But as you said all bets could be off due to Star Wars and the fact that all 2BR are lock-offs.

IMO, the 11 month window for October 2019 should be sufficient to get a 2 bedroom Pool/Garden villa. The 1 hour disadvantage shouldn't matter. Doubt it would be available at 7 months. Good luck!

I think you should be fine. It's very possible Star Wars won't be open by then, it's targeted for "fall" 2019. Anyone planning a trip around Star Wars will probably wait until the end of the year or early 2020.

If it were a week later, I might panic. (Maybe 2? Dunno the JW schedule.)

That week, you should be okay at 9AM. I wouldn't drag my feet.

Boardwalk pool/garden view 2BRs have to date never disappeared before 9 a.m. eastern at 11 months out for any days of the year. If seeking standard or boardwalk view, you could possibly have an issue if you cannot book before 9 a.m. If you wait until 7 months out, there is a high probability that the pool/garden view 2BRs will be gone for the time you want.

BWV only has lock off 2 bed room units, so if they rent off the studio half they are left with 1 bedroom units.

Boardwalk pool/garden view 2BRs have to date never disappeared before 9 a.m. eastern at 11 months out for any days of the year. If seeking standard or boardwalk view, you could possibly have an issue if you cannot book before 9 a.m. If you wait until 7 months out, there is a high probability that the pool/garden view 2BRs will be gone for the time you want.
This is good to know, and actually, what I was hoping for. We are planning on the P/G room because I know that is the category with the most availability. I have no problem with calling right at 9am, and I even have my dad as an associate member so he will be able to do it if I am working.

BWV owner here. Since it's F&W time the standard studios will book before the 9am call in time. And since they are all lock offs, that means all the 2BR standards would be booked up as well. But, as mentioned above, the pool/garden views tend to last a little while.

BWV owner here. Since it's F&W time the standard studios will book before the 9am call in time. And since they are all lock offs, that means all the 2BR standards would be booked up as well. But, as mentioned above, the pool/garden views tend to last a little while.
Yeah, no plans for standard....BTDT, no plans for that stress again:scared1:. I managed to get the family a 2BR standard for a full week in October 2016 and that was their first experience at BWV...hence the monster I created:rotfl:. I told dad that if he ever wanted to stay at BWV again, he better plan on the P/G category and even that might not be a certainty.

So here's a question...how fast do the standard ONE-BEDROOM'S go at 11 months? There's always the chance that we may opt for 2 rooms and studios would not be an option.

Yeah, no plans for standard....BTDT, no plans for that stress again:scared1:. I managed to get the family a 2BR standard for a full week in October 2016 and that was their first experience at BWV...hence the monster I created:rotfl:. I told dad that if he ever wanted to stay at BWV again, he better plan on the P/G category and even that might not be a certainty.

So here's a question...how fast do the standard ONE-BEDROOM'S go at 11 months? There's always the chance that we may opt for 2 rooms and studios would not be an option.
Standard 1 BRs last for maybe a few weeks. So that is an option. One trip that we booked a few weeks into the 11 month window I booked a 1BR standard view and then a P/G view studio and was a few less points than booking a P/G view 2BR. I did a travel with link and requested they be across the hall from each other. We got same floor and same side of hall with about 9 rooms and the elevator bay in between. Not great since my DS 18 and DDs 16 were in one room and DH and I in other...but wasn't too bad either. Same floor and not crazy opposite ends of hallway.

Last edited:
@kristinrice did you book at 11mo? if so, how was availability? I am in the same boat but looking at the week after you.

@kristinrice did you book at 11mo? if so, how was availability? I am in the same boat but looking at the week after you.
I was able to easily get the P/G 2BR at 11 months. Looking the the availability, it is WIDE open from mid-June through October. I was surprised to see quite a bit of availability in the Boarwalk View too. I waitlisted our three nights but I’m not too optimist because our stay includes a Thursday and Friday and this evening appear to be the nights that are filling up in the BW View category.

I think standard views are overrated. Having stayed in them a few times, I will only book P/G view. It’s a nice savings but not a deal breaker.

I think standard views are overrated. Having stayed in them a few times, I will only book P/G view. It’s a nice savings but not a deal breaker.

I love the standard room point cost at BWV. I never spend time looking out the window at a view, so that makes no difference to me. Glad you don't like them though, that way neither one of us is competing with the other for rooms :)

Well the trash truck noise in the morning along with the constant bus loop noise was enough for us. Nope, you can have them.

Unfortunately, I think October of '19 will be even more difficult at 7 months than October of '18 with F&W and Star Wars. :eek:

Last edited:
I would rent to get the 11mo advantage. While pool and garden view is pretty open now (10mo away), you’ll have to chance it during during food and wine at bwv at the 7mo mark (if you’re looking 2bd kickoff).
Good luck!

Our wait list *DID* come through, but not without a little hitch. We are now booked in a 2BR Boardwalk View for the three nights that we wanted in October 2019 and we are so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter