October 2014 Car Rentals.

How do you use the costco id? I can get the coupon to work but not the costco id. Are you on the budget site? Or Costco site?

TIA

Just click on offer code on the Budget site and 2 boxes will pop up where you can enter the Costco ID number and Coupon Code.

I'm so bummed reading these awesome deals! We have to stick with National because of their debit card policy. This is so frustrating! National's priced haven't budged at all.

Thankful that I started looking early. I leave on the 9th and the prices for our 5 days have skyrocketed! Sitting on a Budget rental out of Sanford at $129 for an intermediate, used AARP codes. Get a free second driver using AAPR, so my son and I can both drive if needed. Budget does not include adult children as a free second driver, but if I had a domestic partner they could drive free. Hum...
Not the best rate I have ever had, but best I have seen.

Is mid to end of oct really that much busier? Just curious why everyone going earlier in oct is getting these great rates and our mid oct trip is still HIGH?

I finally decided to do a Pay Now at Budget - 10/3 (9:30a) to 10/10 (5:30p) - Costco ID W852802 and Coupon Code Mugz029 = $122 all in! I was pretty happy with the 8 day rental cost and figured it wouldn't go much lower. That's for the 2nd tier car - compact (Ford Focus).

I just ran your dates, because I was running mine and was getting in the mid 2's so I decided to check yours and the compact is 67.30 on the pay now option that's amazing maybe you can get that price??!!

Have been checking 3 times a day. Best so far for full size Oct 3-12 (10 days) taxes included.

Dollar $159 (AAA discount)

Alamo $171 (Costco)

Not too much movement on full size past few days. Minivans came down today.

Budget w Costco $225 (Costco prepaid)

My husband HATES minivans and would rather we squish into a full size. He just needs to pack less stuff :lmao:

Will probably choose Alamo so we can get a free extra driver and get to pick our car.

Good luck to everyone!

Picked up our minivan at MCO tonight with Alamo.

I asked about the insider policy for those who were long time members and the guy at the desk told me it wasn't true but to speak to a manager. I spoke to Kevin outside who was very nice. He understands the policy was that all rentals made by alamo insiders before May 14 are grandfathered in - not for rentals made after that date.

I am not able to read the fine print on the link posted earlier about this and tried searching the current insider Ts and Cs but didn't find anything.

If anyone is expecting to use this for their 2nd driver, I would recommend you bring a copy of their policy with you.

I just ran your dates, because I was running mine and was getting in the mid 2's so I decided to check yours and the compact is 67.30 on the pay now option that's amazing maybe you can get that price??!!

Thanks! That is the one that I booked - if you click on it, the taxes and fees are then added to the price. Grand total $122... a little misleading to say the least.

At least when you are checking at Costco.com, all fees are included so you are looking at the price you will actually pay.

Picked up our minivan at MCO tonight with Alamo.

I asked about the insider policy for those who were long time members and the guy at the desk told me it wasn't true but to speak to a manager. I spoke to Kevin outside who was very nice. He understands the policy was that all rentals made by alamo insiders before May 14 are grandfathered in - not for rentals made after that date.

I am not able to read the fine print on the link posted earlier about this and tried searching the current insider Ts and Cs but didn't find anything.

If anyone is expecting to use this for their 2nd driver, I would recommend you bring a copy of their policy with you.

Kevin is correct. All reservations made before May 14 were given the additional driver. Anything made after May 14, you pay the extra $10 per day; regardless of if its your spouse or not. Only select corporate codes and select tour vouchers include free additional drivers now.

there was an argument that people would be grandfathered in if long-time insiders but I'm not confident of the source & wouldn't rely on it. http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/04/02/car-rental-additional-driver/ :confused3 Alamo no longer waives the additional driver fee for Alamo Insiders Members who enrolled after May 11, 2014. But if you enrolled May 11, 2014 or earlier can still add another driver for free..

In this post it says that the Alamo driver would still be free...(it was in reply to me saying that they had ended that)...

If you book directly on the Budget site using Costco ID W852802 and Coupon Code MUPZ044 for $40 off and select the option to pay now you can get a minivan for $223 inc taxes.

Thanks for this! I just checked now and using these codes and pay now it came to just $207 including taxes! For a 9 day minivan rental I'll take it.

Is mid to end of oct really that much busier? Just curious why everyone going earlier in oct is getting these great rates and our mid oct trip is still HIGH?

I am trying last week of October and withe all mandatory charges can't find anything lower than $360. And that's an ECONOMY! I hope this changes in a couple of weeks. :surfweb:

I am trying last week of October and withe all mandatory charges can't find anything lower than $360. And that's an ECONOMY! I hope this changes in a couple of weeks. :surfweb:

I've been watching for a full size or mid size the last week. It started at $263, then dropped to $223, they went up again a little. But I am hoping at the three week mark it will drop down even more.

I read someplace that the Midwest has a school break this time of the year, I wonder if supply and demand drives up the price.
I had a $9 a day last September and $12 a day the year before. Right now it's at about $25 a day.

Still hoping,

I'm at two weeks out and the price continues to go up.
There's still time, at least for some of us. I hope.

I just did some pricing (using Costco's tool), and you can still book an economy for a week, picking up tomorrow or Sunday, for $176 (Alamo). Booking for pickup on Monday pops it up to $492. That doesn't make sense, as most visitors arrive on the weekend, and the dates I used include the holiday weekend.

I hope this is a case of the car rental companies playing chicken with us, and they'll be the ones to drop prices at the last second.

Using my AAA corporate code and coupon code WM155 thru Thrifty I found an SUVA for $329. Cheaper than an economy car. It was for Tampa Oct 18-25 but I ran it for MCO and its comparable good luck.

Our mid Oct rate has more than doubled. I'm sitting on a full size w/Alamo for $221 (8 days). Would love to see it come down, but am doubting it at this point :/

If you stack the visa code, being an insider and AD2824MAR Will that work and lower your price

Using my AAA corporate code and coupon code WM155 thru Thrifty I found an SUVA for $329. Cheaper than an economy car. It was for Tampa Oct 18-25 but I ran it for MCO and its comparable good luck.

I did the same thing this morning, Sanford, and got a minivan for $233, $10 more then the full size, the full size was up $100 more. But, it will be easier to load the scooter with a mini van. Still watching both though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter