October 12, 2013 - Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!!!

Jjgarv-I'm mid thread on the CC Cabanas. Did I see you had one last year? Which one did you have, recommend if you don't mind me asking

The waiting is always the hardest part and I am an impatient person by nature! My booking window doesn't even open for 48 more days. Still pondering the potential pre-cruise stay. WDW will be having Food and Wine and Mickey's Not So Scary, so that's a carrot. Then again, this has been a full year and relaxation is what I'm really dreaming about. Imagining a few nights at Vero Beach maybe... maybe a even non-Disney property somewhere else along the Treasure Coast. My 10 year old just saw this and said "Mom, how could you consider that. Disney World is where dreams come true. It's the happiest place on Earth."

The waiting is always the hardest part and I am an impatient person by nature! My booking window doesn't even open for 48 more days. Still pondering the potential pre-cruise stay. WDW will be having Food and Wine and Mickey's Not So Scary, so that's a carrot. Then again, this has been a full year and relaxation is what I'm really dreaming about. Imagining a few nights at Vero Beach maybe... maybe a even non-Disney property somewhere else along the Treasure Coast. My 10 year old just saw this and said "Mom, how could you consider that. Disney World is where dreams come true. It's the happiest place on Earth."

LOL! Apparently you are training your 10 year old well:rotfl:

Kendzee- We had #6 two cruises ago....was in the perfect spot! We loved it. We had one booked last year but let it go because we had too many people travelling with us.

Have never responded to a thread previously but since my vacation is nearing the excitement is growing I found this group! Also, I am having some insomnia :). Please accept me and my family. I am coming with my husband, two girls ages 3and 8 as well as my in-laws. Not sure what is involved really.

Thanks!

Have never responded to a thread previously but since my vacation is nearing the excitement is growing I found this group! Also, I am having some insomnia :). Please accept me and my family. I am coming with my husband, two girls ages 3and 8 as well as my in-laws. Not sure what is involved really.

Thanks!

Welcome Heddy this is my first cruise also and these individuals have helped me immensely!!! You can ask some questions and someone will always answer them!!! This group is awesome!!!

Thanks!

:welcome: HeddyRuth to you and your family. My daughter(24) & I have been on 2 other Disney cruises, and my Aunt, who has only cruised on Carnival, will be joining us. Some of us will be having a DisMeet on our first day on board (see below) and we would love for you and your family to join us. If you are interested, please let me know and I will add you to the list.

UPDATE
DisMEET/BON VOYAGE (Deck 3, Midship, in the grand Atrium) -- TIME: 2:30 PM
abitagirl916 = 3 adults
MickeezMeg = 2
mhconley = 2 adults, 1 child
kendzee94 = 1 adult, 1 child
mrssmiddy = 4 adults, 2 children
luvmygrljb = 2 adults, 1 child
Amandanoel30 = 2 adults, 1 child

Only 137 more days to go!!!:cool1:

Kendzee- We had #6 two cruises ago....was in the perfect spot! We loved it. We had one booked last year but let it go because we had too many people travelling with us.

Great, thanks. From the pictures, it looks like 6-8 are fabulous! I will let you (and everyone) know what we (hopefully) get!

Welcome Heddy this is my first cruise also and these individuals have helped me immensely!!! You can ask some questions and someone will always answer them!!! This group is awesome!!!

I'm not an expert on cruising, but am happy to answer any questions that I know the answer to.

Kendzee- You really cant go wrong with any of the Cabanas....the ones with higher numbers tend to wrap around the point and are a little more private, but at low tide, there is not much water in front of them. I believe #1 and 2 are HA, but #'s 4-9 are all great spots. We are still debating on getting one for this cruise as there is only 3 of us, which makes it tough to justify the cost.

Morning all!!!! Checking in to say how everyone is doing!!!!

Doing good on this home front..... If we could just get CLOSED on our home front lol! We were supposed to close on our house Friday but had problems with our sod not being in... Hoping for today now. I NEED to get in this new place so I can get some FE crafting going! Plus the new house is in a HILLY area and I need to get my booty running those hills ;)

:welcome: HeddyRuth to you and your family. My daughter(24) & I have been on 2 other Disney cruises, and my Aunt, who has only cruised on Carnival, will be joining us. Some of us will be having a DisMeet on our first day on board (see below) and we would love for you and your family to join us. If you are interested, please let me know and I will add you to the list.

Only 137 more days to go!!!:cool1:

Thanks! I think it might be nice to meet a few people especially for my girls. I have been on one Disney cruise previously but only a four day Disney Dream, so we are really looking forward to this.

One question I had was regarding formal night which we did not have on the shorter cruise. My girls will be dressed in princess gowns and I know that Disney is a little less formal over all than other cruise lines I have heard. Would I look out of place in a full length dress?

Great, thanks. From the pictures, it looks like 6-8 are fabulous! I will let you (and everyone) know what we (hopefully) get!

We stayed in 9 last year but à very large (but beautiful) palm tree blocked our view of the ship. Our youngest was two at the time and they even brought us a pack n play!

Thanks! I think it might be nice to meet a few people especially for my girls. I have been on one Disney cruise previously but only a four day Disney Dream, so we are really looking forward to this.

One question I had was regarding formal night which we did not have on the shorter cruise. My girls will be dressed in princess gowns and I know that Disney is a little less formal over all than other cruise lines I have heard. Would I look out of place in a full length dress?

Although I do not plan on wearing a full length dress, many ladies do, and you will not look out of place. I will wear a regular length black dress on formal and semi-formal nights, changing the accessories/jacket to give it a different look. On my Dream cruise in 2011, although we only had a "dress-up" night, many ladies wore full length formal dresses.

I recall many people in floor length formals on both 4 and 7 night cruises. I usually wear a ball gown, and hubby usually wears his Mess Blues (Hubba Hubba!), though we didn't for our Europe cruise as we didn't want to have to drag all that with us. For that formal night, I wore a dressier maxi sundress and sandals, and hubs wore a light sport coat. We didn't feel out of place that night, and quite frankly might do it again for ease of packing.

On another note, we don't tend to take our kids to dinner after the first night. They lack the patience to sit through four courses and prefer to eat pizza or buffet and then go to the Club with their friends. We usually request a four top table (no tablemates) and enjoy peaceful date nights. Of course we still tip for four.

We stayed in 9 last year but à very large (but beautiful) palm tree blocked our view of the ship. Our youngest was two at the time and they even brought us a pack n play!

That's exactly the info I was looking for!!! Thanks!

And I don't think you will be out of place in a floor length gown. I look at it that it's one of my few times we all get to dress up as a family.

That's exactly the info I was looking for!!! Thanks!

And I don't think you will be out of place in a floor length gown. I look at it that it's one of my few times we all get to dress up as a family.

This is our first 7 night, so our first formal night. I'll have to take a look at what I have (that still fits! LOL) and see how dressed up we could get. DH does have his AF mess dress, bet he never thought he would have anywhere to wear that again. Of course we may run out of room to pack...so we may just go with something a little more casual. Guess we will see! :)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter