Oct... When are you going?

Oct 2010.. When will you be there?

• Oct 2-9

• Oct 9-16

• Oct 16-23

• Oct 23-31

Results are only viewable after voting.
actual dates 10/7 - 10/10 ... after 4 day DCL cruise.
We've been in Oct twice before, but three firsts on this trip:
First Disney cruise
First visit to Food & Wine Festival
First stay at Boardwalk Inn
:cloud9:

We are avoiding the fall break here because of my work schedule, but yes, most of Kentucky and Indiana are on a fall break the first week of Oct.

We went 2 years ago this exact same weekend and had a blast! We didn't know what we were doing, but still did pretty darn good! :rotfl2:

Now that we are pros (uh-huh... :laughing:) we know what to do this time and can enjoy the no line rides and candy and characters at the MNSSHP on the 28th!

we're going october 21 through october 30th! I cant wait. My best friend is going with us, and this will be her first time going.

Some States in the U.S. have Fall break then. I believe Kentucky and Tennesse for sure.

Ah, thanks. It appears my ignorance on the subject may be related to being on the "wrong" side of the Atlantic ;) I was curious.

For the last two years, I've gone the third week of October, but this year I moved it up to the first week of October. Why? I have no idea! The weather when I went later in the month was just perfect-this year I expect it to be too hot. So I've already decided that next year it will probably be back to later in the month.

Just wanted to know:

Have any of you been in October??

My DH has just found out that he gets a week off from teaching in October and we've always wanted to go to the Food and Wine Festival..

How are the crowds? The heat?

We've been in June - HOT and crowds weren't too bad, I thought..January - PERFECT weather, no crowds..

Thanks for any advice! :goodvibes

Just wanted to know:

My DH has just found out that he gets a week off from teaching in October and we've always wanted to go to the Food and Wine Festival..

We've been in June - HOT and crowds weren't too bad, I thought..January - PERFECT weather, no crowds..

I'm not sure of the crowds, but I've heard it's not bad during the week. I also heard that the weekend still gets pretty crowded.

I checked past temps in early Oct and it seems that the average is mid 80's, but you never know.

This is our 1st trip in October. Can't wait!

We will actually be there from 10/19 - 10/29 so the last two weeks of October :thumbsup2

ETA: In 2007, it was in the mid-high 80s the whole time we were there. In 2009 we were having some kind of heat wave and it was in the 90s the whole time. Everyone kept talking about how "unseasonably hot" it was.

Just wanted to know:

Crowds- Not bad during the week. Weekend prior to Columbus Day=:scared1:.
Heat- upper 80's/lower 90's, humidity unpleasant (first week of Oct.)

That was what it was like the first week of Oct in '08. We went to EPCOT once, not for F&W, so I can't really comment on F&W specifically. I can say that during the week the crowds were doable. But the weekend prior to Columbus Day was pretty busy. I really can't say that it met summer time crowds but it was close. It couldn't have been too bad, b/c we're heading back again this year (Oct. 2-9). The average highs get cooler as the month of Oct goes on. Hopes this helps.

I'm not sure of the crowds, but I've heard it's not bad during the week. I also heard that the weekend still gets pretty crowded.

I checked past temps in early Oct and it seems that the average is mid 80's, but you never know.

This is our 1st trip in October. Can't wait!

We will actually be there from 10/19 - 10/29 so the last two weeks of October :thumbsup2

ETA: In 2007, it was in the mid-high 80s the whole time we were there. In 2009 we were having some kind of heat wave and it was in the 90s the whole time. Everyone kept talking about how "unseasonably hot" it was.

That was what it was like the first week of Oct in '08. We went to EPCOT once, not for F&W, so I can't really comment on F&W specifically. I can say that during the week the crowds were doable. But the weekend prior to Columbus Day was pretty busy. I really can't say that it met summer time crowds but it was close. It couldn't have been too bad, b/c we're heading back again this year (Oct. 2-9). The average highs get cooler as the month of Oct goes on. Hopes this helps.

Sorry OP wasn't trying to hijack your thread...figured it would be easier to ask you Professional October-go'ers about the crowds/heat here :goodvibes

Thanks for all the replies folks!!

Alright, so I can still expect some heat and milder crowds during the week (avoiding weekend and columbus day for the F&W)

Thanks everyone! :worship:

We're going 28 Sept - 8 Oct.

Ah, thanks. It appears my ignorance on the subject may be related to being on the "wrong" side of the Atlantic ;) I was curious.

I had no idea about the 1st week fall break either.

I'm always hearing about crowds for school breaks or events (Jersey Week, Pop Warner, etc) on the Dis, but apparently I just can't keep up.

We usually go during Memorial Day, so I'm still assuming (hoping :upsidedow) it will still be less crowded than that. I've also read many posts about Epcot being busy for F&W which is a bit disappointing because we like to spend most of our time in that park. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Last year we were there during the crazy May rain, so we'll really just be thrilled if we can enjoy the parks without ponchos and flooding. :sunny:

See, I did think about Columbus Day when planning our trip (our last park day will be the Thurs before) since I know many schools and colleges have a 4-day weekend. But, I was clueless about the fall break.

we are going the first week :) and staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort (for the first time:goodvibes)

and for any others that were wondering... we went a few years ago in October, the weather could not have been better!!! By far our best weather that we ever had... only rained for about 5 minutes 1 day out of 10! warm around 85 but beautiful. However... like other on here.. we were unaware of "fall breaks" and the crowds were bad!!! but once again (due to my childrens school schedule) we are heading back for the same week... But you are on vacation.. and in WDW... not too bad ;)

Didn't really notice anything crazy about the f&w festival except alittle crowded as you walked around the World showcase.

Sorry OP wasn't trying to hijack your thread...figured it would be easier to ask you Professional October-go'ers about the crowds/heat here :goodvibes

Thanks for all the replies folks!!

Alright, so I can still expect some heat and milder crowds during the week (avoiding weekend and columbus day for the F&W)

Thanks everyone! :worship:

No Problem. This is what I was hoping for. I'm interested also. Went last Dec, never in Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter