oct 20 2012 Magic can happen!

Glad to see you all are on here(yay). We would like to do the FE as others are, but I really dont know how to organize. This will be our first cruise, dh( whose id I hijack on occasion) and i are very excited to be doing this. We have booked this more than a year ago, and I am looking into reviewing all the posts here and finding out all about the great things to experience! Is there a way to start the FE? We have 2 daughters, who will be 14 and our youngest will turn 12 on the trip. anyway, looking forward to touching base more frequently as the trip approaches~!

Hi everyone. We have participated in the fe fun several times. "fish extender holders" are outside each cabin attached to the wall. A friend made a fish extender for us to hang outside our door. Here is some info I found on this board that explains it better. Basically,
the gift exchange participants come out of this roll call. In other words, You can be on this roll call and not participate in the the fe. Does that make sense? I have copied and pasted some info here (below).There is also some pictures in the thread below.
''If you are not sure of what a Fish Extender is let me explain each Person or Family that decides to participate in the Exchange Buys or makes a Fish Extender and has them hung by their stateroom door. Then everyone gets or makes gifts or brings something special for each person participating in the exchange. You don’t have to give much; it isn’t to break the bank so to speak. But it’s something fun and its neat coming back to your room and having a gift or two waiting for you.''

FE Info: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

If that link does not work, try this for the whole thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824350

lisa,
Thank you for posting this info, I am so glad that you found this info and posted it here. :cool1: I want to start the ball rolling and say that I want to be the first one on the FE list! We are going to pay off our cruise this week:wizard: so I am going to :wizard: want to start planning ( and dreaming!) about our cruise!
It will be my husband ( who I regularly hijack on this board ;)) , me :cloud9:
and our two daughters DD14pirate: and dd12 who will turn twelve on the cruise:cheer2:. this is how bad it has gotten, We have been planning this cruise for about a year, we have already started getting stuff for the FE list, and we had not even seen one established yet!
Looking forward to hearing from others on this board!

Great info Lisa - thank you!

I would love to be on the FE list too. If we need an organizer, I will volunteer unless someone else would like too. :)

We booked this cruise back in June last year so I am definitely ready for some more serious planning! Only 232 days!!

Ma'am, IF you are up for it, Please do so, With my thanks!:lovestruc
we started planning this trip last Febuary if you could believe it, what can I say, My husband and I REALLY plan ahead:rotfl:. Glad to see someone else organize, I have alot of enthusiam, but little time to do this now, as I work and a nursing instructor AND work fulltime on my own degree. IF there is anything I can do, please let me know!:cloud9:

Let's give this thread a couple of weeks to see if anyone else has any desire to organize the FE and if not then I will go ahead a begin the process. :yay:

IF there is anything I can do, please let me know!:cloud9:

How about since I have never done it before that I run any concerns or questions by you and you could give me your feedback and input? Kinda like a co-captain? :)

Ma'am,
I would be honored to help you with this!:)
Well guys, it's official, WE PAID OFF OUR TRIP!!:cheer2:
The only thing is that my DH let me know that his workplace may have his mandatory training the same week as our planned vacation. :sad1: he spoke with his boss and we are waiting to hear back from them to see if there is any way to avoid this, Just hoping this will work out, my youngest is looking forward to spending her birthday onboard.:bday: Anyway, gotta go watch "army wives". Talk with you later!

Hi All,

Just moved my booking to this date when I learned that the Texas Motorcycle Rally will be in Galveston during the time of my original November departure. Would prefer to not be in town while that is going on.

I am traveling solo this cruise, which will be my 12th cruise overall and first on Disney. Like everyone else, I am very excited. I see some of you were on the Carnival Magic inaugural. So was I.

I live in the beautiful Texas Hill country west of Austin and will be driving to Galveston.

I am looking forward to the magic of Disney combined with a cruise. Sounds like a wonderful combination.

Lesa

unfortunately related to my husband's work schedule, we have to change our cruise to another week. :sad1:I am sorry that this happened, but at least we will be able to go on a cruise. Wishing you all a safe and fun filled trip!

Put us on the FE list also. Traveling with my parents so we will have 2 cabins and both will have FE's on them! Thanks for organizing! :cool1:

unfortunately related to my husband's work schedule, we have to change our cruise to another week. :sad1:I am sorry that this happened, but at least we will be able to go on a cruise. Wishing you all a safe and fun filled trip!

So sorry to be loosing you patman2011 to another date.....
Pop back in on this thread from time to time to say hello!

Such a quiet group we have! Let's see if we can get more interest if we bump it to the top.

Anyone start their port planning? I have only done the minimal planning and know that we want to do beach days in all the ports. Hopefully the weather will cooperate! We did the dolphin encounter with the girls in Cozumel last year and it was wonderful, but I don't think we need to do that again until they are old enough to do the swim. Does anyone have any favorite beaches in Grand Cayman, Cozumel or Costa Maya?

Also, did you guys see the new promotion? Free upgrade to a verandah cabin when booking an oceanview. Only valid on new bookings, but I think you can rebook and get the upgrade, that's what my TA said. Unfortunately you will lose the onboard discounts, so I don't think we will be taking advantage of the offer. That $500 can pay for shore fun, but it's tempting. :cool2:

Wow I can't believe we don't have hardley any activity on this thread. Would love to have a group for fish extenders. Is there any other place I should be looking for this group other than this thread?

Group of 6 might be 7.....
Myself, DSx3 (9yrs, 5yrs x2), and Grandma's x2. DH is undecided at present :)
That was the quickest I have ever caught up with a 1 year old thread!! :(
We would participate with the FE- but not sure how many we have interested. Maybe over the next few weeks as cabins continue to sale we might have a few more.
Have never sailed this region before. Disney x1. Other cruise lines ~ 15 times. Now I have to get planning with Shore excursions

So I guess this means that we will only be doing FE on our 2nd cruise of back to back :confused3:worried::badpc: where is everyone?

I am wondering the same thing? Where is everyone? We have two rooms with my parents in one and my DH, DD, and DS in another. Plus some friends of ours may be booking this week so that will be a few more people. Quite cruise group so far. :(

Is our cruise empty? I have never done a Disney cruise before and therefore don't really know how to start an FE group. Any takers??? Can anyone help???

What most meets do is make a google page that we all can type on and save. I have never made a google page but have wanted to learn since it will be useful for signing up for things with my kids school too, I can try to figure it out but am really behind with life right now and realistically probably wouldnt be able to even attempt it til next week. We could always start with just replying to this meet if you are interested
Fish extender participants interested:
Miyta- 4 adults, 3 kids

Is our cruise empty? I have never done a Disney cruise before and therefore don't really know how to start an FE group. Any takers??? Can anyone help???

Hi yes this cruise must be almost empty, they opened up TA rates at 10:00 ET today but I learned about it at my NACTA meeting last night from our Disney Rep :banana:

Since I am in California with a 3 hour time difference, I was up before 7:00 my time and ready to book.

Right now it's just me in my cabin, but hoping to add to it before sailing. Let's just say that I couldn't pass up the deal (the pre-paid gratuities and taxes were almost as much as the cruise fare.) So I will dare to say that quite a few TAs will now be on this sailing at the Appreciation Prices.:dance3:

Add in the fact that I have a Southwest $300.00 voucher for giving up my seat on a previous flight and the RT flight is $350.20, I am in.:yay:

As I said I am from Sacramento Ca and my name is Georganna. Glad to be able to join you, guess I will go back and catch up on the thread now.

I am willing to participate in the Fish Extender if we have one.

Glad to have you sail with us Georganna. That sort of stinks for us who booked way in advance and paid full price, there seems to be all sorts of specials out there now for these cruises out of Galveston. Well I don't care if our FE exchange is small as long as we have one, my kids will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter